PDA

View Full Version : Song samples

Merkaba
11-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Hello all. I usually spend most of my time in the Jams forum. Plus I'm on dial up! thats a bltch when it comes to here cause if i was on cable or highspeed i would check out everything. I love raw stuff. I got a few songs you can check out. Its my voice I'm the singer. various bands. ShadedLife from here on MX did 6 cubes of ice, and this band from vermont did the other music. THey are working with Toby Wright. Who has produced and worked with metallica, alice in chains, primus, and a shlt load of others. Maybe i can land some attention. Its basically gonna be a site to demo my voice for interested people. But i did record this in my bedroom , and i have upstairs and downstairs neighbors which mentally makes me hold back a bit. But its still pretty good. check out song 2, Burn...the second half is awesome. and the dreamy "free, falling ..." part. Hope you enjoy. Peace. :thumb:
Oh yea this might help.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/demostuffmusic.htm

A_Perfect_Sonnet
11-22-2004, 03:54 PM
merkaba you got a link? :)

could help :P

WuZisIZ
11-24-2004, 10:14 PM
*the next day...*
Still no clearance on your tunes dude. But we'll wait.... :D

denboy
11-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Man these songs are taking long to get cleared.

A_Perfect_Sonnet
11-25-2004, 02:33 PM
listen to the low fi plays

A_Perfect_Sonnet
11-25-2004, 02:36 PM
honestly for someone who knows so much about vocals, you were terrible

Guitar_fool
11-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Very..... crappy sorry but the tone and the singing took me out of the song b4 i could finish. work on the singing and it could be to the point of no flaming

omgwtfboogie
11-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Very..... crappy sorry but the tone and the singing took me out of the song b4 i could finish. work on the singing and it could be to the point of no flaming
Quoted for emphasis.

GimmeSlack12
11-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Burn was a tough listen.
Sounds like you wrote the songs but haven't learned to sing them yet. I have that problem quite often.

WuZisIZ
11-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Sounds like some weird effect is on your voice. Seems to be throwing off your pitch, plus trying to lay a vocal part over a really dry recording. I hate doing that, bad recordings kill a singer. And it does sound like you are holding back. It sounded like the levels were low when you laid down the track.

denboy
11-28-2004, 09:57 AM
To be honest...
I loved everything about the songs! I have no idea why people are slagging on your vocals... Have you ever heard Katatonia? You sound alot like the guy singing for Katatonia