PDA

View Full Version : What sharps and flats are in the key of E?

solidsnake3725
11-21-2004, 01:41 PM
i've gone theory and other music sites and its all very confusing. Just someone tell me the sharps and flats in the key of E please :)

Glyder
11-21-2004, 02:00 PM
F#, G#, C#, D#

Or

Gb, Ab, Db, Eb

Glyder

owenbassist
11-21-2004, 02:08 PM
the key of E is the first one Glyder said...when you're dealing w/ key signatures, if its a sharp key signature you never write it in the enharmonic equivalent flatted notes...it causes much less confusion that way, and works out much more logically

Seafroggys
11-21-2004, 02:12 PM
E minor would have only F#.

E Dorian would be C# and F#.

Merkaba
11-22-2004, 12:48 AM
Fat cats go down an easy bank

Bead, green chocolate fudge

The Digital Pimp
11-22-2004, 01:09 AM
heheh... I was taught "father christmas gave dad an electric blanket"

Dredg
11-22-2004, 05:48 AM
heheh... I was taught "father christmas gave dad an electric blanket"

Hehe, it's funny seeing all the different ways people were taught to remeber key sigs!

I was told: 'Father Charles Goes Down And Ends Battle' :)

Merkaba
11-22-2004, 08:52 AM
:thumb:
yea...

Maybe mine was cows, not cats..ah hell i dont ever use it much now. I need to start back playing the piano though.

:upset: aw man, everybody elses makes more sense than mine. Of course my teacher was a little wierd. Probably smoke crack on his lunch break or something. :angry:

morrissey
11-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Hehe, it's funny seeing all the different ways people were taught to remeber key sigs!

I was told: 'Father Charles Goes Down And Ends Battle' :)

yep.. and Battle Ends And Down Goes Charles' Father for flats :thumb:

Merkaba
11-22-2004, 01:02 PM
yep.. and Battle Ends And Down Goes Charles' Father for flats :thumb:
Now those go together nicely. Yep. Revelation:
Note to self...College music teacher sucked arse. end note to self.

actually he was pretty cool.

ColdFire
11-22-2004, 02:31 PM
F#, G#, C#, D#

Or

Gb, Ab, Db, Eb

Glyder

Use the sharps for E major.

The enharmonic equivalent would be Fb.

For that you would use

Fb, Gb, Ab, Bbb, Cb, Db, Eb

Fb is theorical key.

Dredg
11-23-2004, 05:21 AM
I know this usually goes in the audio arena. I have it there too. But it makes sense here to in my opinion. Plus if you check out Burn, Song 2. when i do that scream you can actually hear the note up under it. cause it wasnt just a high falsetto. But maybe you can kinda hear the fact that I'm still singin the note more or less, just with alot of rasp.

Six cubes of ice is the track by ShadedLife, from our mx community. He had posted some samples. it was supposed to be an instrumental but i liked it and he let me write something on it.

Granted i recorded all of this in my bed room and i have upstairs and downstairs neighbors so Its hard for me to fully let go even if i dont think they are home because it just gets louder than i thought, even without full push, because again, the throat being open and relaxed can help project, if you learn how to shape it...kinda like a good speaker box verses a sucky speaker box. Anyways, i hope you all enjoy. Heres the link. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/demostuffmusic.htm

Nice one man, are you doing two part harmony for most of the way through? The occasional three part also? Very interesting hearing the voice behind the persona, hehe :thumb:

Merkaba
11-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Nice one man, are you doing two part harmony for most of the way through? The occasional three part also? Very interesting hearing the voice behind the persona, hehe :thumb:
yea i backed myself a bit, I wouldnt call it harmony but rather doubling. I did do more harmony on that Song 2. The thing is though, that i didnt mean to post that in here. I dont know what the hell happened , but i meant to post it just out in the general jams session. I was looking for it and like where did it go. Guess i thought i had backed out and didnt. Jesus....Maybe that cigarrette did look a little peculiar, now that i think about it.

Merkaba
11-23-2004, 09:07 AM
yea i backed myself a bit, I wouldnt call it harmony but rather doubling. I did do more harmony on that Song 2. Its not what i would call my best work but like i said I'm very concerned about the idea of someone banging on the floor or ceiling to tell me to be quiet. The thing is though, that i didnt mean to post that in here. I dont know what the hell happened , but i meant to post it just out in the general jams session. I was looking for it and like where did it go. Guess i thought i had backed out and didnt. Jesus....Maybe that cigarrette did look a little peculiar, now that i think about it.