PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic "Emo"

JdawgPhatyo
11-21-2004, 05:33 AM
Hey all... I posted my song One Night in the Audio Arena a while ago and a good lot of people listened to it... thanks :D

I've since recorded another song, "Messiah". It's about a friendship I had where the person would only really talk to me when she was really depressed, wanting me to cheer her up. I'd cheer her up and then she'd stop talking to me and leave me depressed like she was.

"One Night" is about a friend of mine that I've had for five or so years, and we've really grown close this year. I've become incredibly dependent on her for happiness and comfort, and this song is my cry for help on a less-than-fun day.

Check them out if you'd like. Any critique, comments, "that's ****ty!", etc would be greatly appreciated. If you think it's crap, tell me why so I can improve :thumb: Thanks in advance :)

Jamie Bell
http://www.purevolume.com/jamiebell

A Matter of Perspective
11-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Check out A Matter of Perspective Please. Nice song by the way. Acoustic emo, you might like a friend of mine's band.

www.purevolume.com/amatterofperspective ( post-hardcore screamo )

http://www.purevolume.com/committeddallastx ( Acoustic Emo )

Check it out, please. The first and third song is good.

Cheers :chug:

JdawgPhatyo
11-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Check out A Matter of Perspective Please. Nice song by the way. Acoustic emo, you might like a friend of mine's band.

www.purevolume.com/amatterofperspective ( post-hardcore screamo )

http://www.purevolume.com/committeddallastx ( Acoustic Emo )

Check it out, please. The first and third song is good.

Cheers :chug:

I'm loving your scream/yell in The Calm Thought of Burning... it's so refreshingly unique. It's showing up in Corpse on 13th Street, too. I'm really liking you guys :thumb:

Your friend's band is friggin' awesome too, wow. It's really upbeat, I like it.

A_Perfect_Sonnet
11-21-2004, 05:12 PM
your voice is very weak, and flat... i dont know about your lyrics either. you sound off key a lot, but keep trying, you gotta find the range that works for you.

JdawgPhatyo
11-21-2004, 07:38 PM
your voice is very weak, and flat... i dont know about your lyrics either. you sound off key a lot, but keep trying, you gotta find the range that works for you.

Yeah, singing is definitely my weak point. This is actually the first time I've ever actually sang for anything other than doing backup screaming for the metal band I'm in. Needless to say, I'm not the best singer out there :lol:

I'm always working on my voice though, and I think I've got a decent foundation for singing, so I can only go up I reckon.

Thanks for the comment :wave: :D :thumb:

larry_emder
11-21-2004, 10:38 PM
the first song, one night, is fairly boring, not much going on...........
second one is ok, needs a band, and singing practice

CommieCanada
11-22-2004, 10:46 AM
good song, but you can do so much more with it. try overlapping a lead in there or something

A Matter of Perspective
11-22-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm loving your scream/yell in The Calm Thought of Burning... it's so refreshingly unique. It's showing up in Corpse on 13th Street, too. I'm really liking you guys :thumb:

Your friend's band is friggin' awesome too, wow. It's really upbeat, I like it.

Thanks. What state do you live in. We average the age of 15. We're goin on tour in the summer we're hittin Oklahom, Miss, and Cali. We're from Texas. Third String Records is talkin to us if you've heard of them. So we're lookin forward to getting signed. Hawthorne Heights is talkin to us about doing a show at the Gypsy Tea Room with them.

A Matter of Perspective

JdawgPhatyo
11-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Thanks. What state do you live in. We average the age of 15. We're goin on tour in the summer we're hittin Oklahom, Miss, and Cali. We're from Texas. Third String Records is talkin to us if you've heard of them. So we're lookin forward to getting signed. Hawthorne Heights is talkin to us about doing a show at the Gypsy Tea Room with them.

A Matter of Perspective

I'm up in Canada, in BC... my bandmates and I are all 16 (Jada - http://www.jadaband.tk). That's awesome that you guys are maybe gonna get signed :)

Greatest of luck to you guys.

Dacama
11-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Not bad man, Just work on basic things. Keep it up.

A_Perfect_Sonnet
11-25-2004, 12:07 PM
apon listening to the music again (one night), i really enjoyed your palm muted part, and the only thing that is holding you back is your voice, but you just need to work on your range