PDA

View Full Version : Vocal Recording - TSL

Lvshorty610
11-21-2004, 12:29 AM
Hey there,
I'm just looking to get some feedback on my voice... I've recorded a Starting Line song, you may or may not like them, but that is irrelevant. I've recorded a voice sample of me playing a short clip (26 seconds) from the song "Best of Me". I'm just trying to get feedback on my voice, if its terrible, decent, amazing... I have never taken vocal training or had any instruction at all, so keep that in mind.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/belovedtragedymusic.htm
(Click "My Voice")

Comments are much appreciated :thumb:

GimmeSlack12
11-21-2004, 01:58 AM
You sound good, you are in key, and tune, and the recording is pretty quality. There is no reason for you to be afraid to sing live, cause you carry emotion very well. But ditch the whiny emo style. I'm sorry but I hear this too often that people get into this range that they think sounds good, I think it is so gay. Try to not quiver your voice so much, just a pure clean note when singing.

A_Perfect_Sonnet
11-21-2004, 02:04 AM
you sound a little flat, but otherwise you are doing much better than most of the vocalists on here

still try and work on it a little

Lvshorty610
11-21-2004, 07:19 PM
You sound good, you are in key, and tune, and the recording is pretty quality. There is no reason for you to be afraid to sing live, cause you carry emotion very well. But ditch the whiny emo style. I'm sorry but I hear this too often that people get into this range that they think sounds good, I think it is so gay. Try to not quiver your voice so much, just a pure clean note when singing.

Thank you very much. You outlined alot of key aspects that I'm really glad you did. Tone, key, etc. I was wondering what people thought. And as for the quiver (vibrato), most of the time its really natural... I mean, I can control it so I dont quiver (vibrato), but I can do it fairly naturally if that makes sense... I always thought it was kind of a cool sound. Perhaps this just shows a weakness in vocal abilities? Anyway, thanks again for the awesome review. Reputation ++

CommieCanada
11-22-2004, 11:44 AM
nice voice. some of the way you hit notes bugs me (the word Over comes to mind) but other than that, good work

Lvshorty610
11-22-2004, 05:19 PM
I actually listened to it, and that seemed to one of the more neutral words... eh. Thanks for the comments, Rep ++

poormorris
11-22-2004, 06:15 PM
you sound like an emo.

Burningwater
11-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Arrgggh
My Ears Burn No Emooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lvshorty610
11-26-2004, 01:51 AM
Anybody give a decent crit for some Rep? Rep + if you guys do... :lol:

Even if its just to say that its not very good, I'd like to know why

DrunkenPirate
11-26-2004, 07:45 AM
you should join New found glory, lol naw, im joking, its good.

EmeraldSword
11-26-2004, 05:52 PM
too emo for me :naughty:

Win A Rabbit
11-26-2004, 06:33 PM
it doesnt sound anything like the original song. its too low, and not as much "emotion" in your voice.

pardonmepete
11-29-2004, 12:05 AM
I see nothin wrong with it....I would hope you wouldn't simply imitate the way the song was done, and you didn't so thats good. Emo is just a label, there are good "emo" songs out there just like every other label...good music is good music...

I'm not taking up for this song exactly, just the genre.

Lvshorty610
11-29-2004, 08:04 PM
it doesnt sound anything like the original song. its too low, and not as much "emotion" in your voice.

Too low? I have two "voices" that I sing in, higher pitch, and lower pitch... and that was definitely the higher of the pitches... :confused:

Rep +

Tapedeck
11-29-2004, 09:24 PM
not too bad its in tune but a tiny bit nasily for my liking, other than that good work

hobbesdj
11-29-2004, 10:03 PM
That was great man! I love starting line and that fit wonderfully! :thumb:

thisistj
12-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Anybody give a decent crit for some Rep? Rep + if you guys do... :lol:

Even if its just to say that its not very good, I'd like to know why

i think it was great

whether it falls under the stereotype of emo or not, it fit what you were playing, and sounded really good.

i half expected to hear the pickslide at the end

+rep

Lvshorty610
12-02-2004, 10:33 PM
What pickslide? And are you saying + rep for you or for me? Cuz I didnt get any :lol:

thisistj
12-03-2004, 11:31 PM
in the electric version there is a pickslide right after the acoustic intro. ill rep you again if you didnt get it.

Lvshorty610
12-04-2004, 09:39 AM
You know if you try and rep a post you've already given rep to, it wont let you. And as far as I remember, after the acoustic intro, there is NOT a pickslide... go listen to it if you have it.

thisistj
12-04-2004, 10:31 AM
:thumb: yeah my bad man, its my live version...hahahah