PDA

View Full Version : Chimp Spanner is no more...

chimp_spanner
11-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey all!! For those that even remember me, it's been ages since I've really posted anything new - guess it's down to a lack of inspiration....probably more down to the workload here! But, anyway, I was kind of expecting my soundclick site to fade into obscurity, but I've still been getting alot of feedback, and requests for a darn CD - when will people learn, if something's free, take it lol

But either way, I thought that until I've got a new crop of stuff finished, it's about time I gave a proper name to the existing songs, and made them available. And I don't really want to do that under the Chimp Spanner name...doesn't really suit the music lol

So, attached to this is what will be the front cover (minus txt) - I won't go into it too much, but it's themed around self reflection, analysing your own fragility and mortality, and your place in a sometimes cold, senseless and empty universe.........or something like that :)

And the name I keep coming back to is Architect of the Abyss, but, I'm not totally sure of it. So........what do you guys think!

To those that have no idea what I'm on about;

www.soundclick.com/chimpspanner

I know it seems like a dumb question, and one that's probably asked alot here, but I'm very open to any other suggestions, now that ya know what the "angle" is. The first CD will be very much a collection of all the stuff I've done so far, but I'm um...."formulating" some ideas for a larger more coherant piece under the new name...whatever that may be - something long, something dark, and a little evil :) But hey, that's for later!

Take it easy, and chars!

- P

**Edit - okay, can't seem to get the attachment to show up.....

A_Perfect_Sonnet
11-20-2004, 06:30 PM
i think the stuff youve done so far is great. do you play all your instruments? if so man, you rock :)

i liked all of it

chimp_spanner
11-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Heya! Thanks man, yeah it's me on guitar, bass, keyboard and drums (drums are played in by keyboard). I'm still happy with the stuff I have so far, but I'm starting to find a direction I want to go in, and I just need to settle on a name. So the first CD would be just an assorted collection under that name, while the new stuff will be more focused and all centered around that central theme :)

spiderman546
11-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Heya! Thanks man, yeah it's me on guitar, bass, keyboard and drums (drums are played in by keyboard). I'm still happy with the stuff I have so far, but I'm starting to find a direction I want to go in, and I just need to settle on a name. So the first CD would be just an assorted collection under that name, while the new stuff will be more focused and all centered around that central theme :)

i would buy it :D

some very inspirational pieces here. makes me wants to go read some theroy books, or play hehe

you should call your cd

A Lost Sound
My Inspiration
my struggle

i will think of more later :D

A_Perfect_Sonnet
11-20-2004, 08:44 PM
id suggest something like

Upheaval

or

The Battlement

spiderman546
11-20-2004, 08:44 PM
i sure as hell hope you did a song called

devils are really angels, and remade it. because one of your songs caleld jacobs latter is a copy of this, cept the one i herd, over a year ago had some talking in it. explain yourself!

The_Shredder
11-20-2004, 08:48 PM
explain yourself!

It's obviously the same track. If you've ever seen "jacob's ladder" then you'd know that "devils are really angels" is a quote from the movie.

Anyway... Chimp, my suggestion is: Throbing Horses.
:lol:

chimp_spanner
11-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Hehe yeah man, Throbbing is always good, but I might save that title for my side project adult DVD \m/(^_^)\m/

Yeah Spiderman, the title just kinda....changed over time. It was called Devils Are Really Angels, but Jacob's Ladder is the film that quote (the speaking bit) is taken from :) If you know of a version *without* speaking, then let me know...cos such a version shouldn't exist, at least not done by me :-\

Oh and by the way I liked your idea of a "lost sound", I've got a song on the go at the moment which features the lines:

"Where the human proclamation of self goes unheard,
Where the loudest cry for help dissipates into air to be swallowed by silence
Here you'll find, Godlessness"

(Don't ask me who's gunna sing that by the way ;) )

So the idea of a sound being made, but never to be heard, is pretty cool.

Also like The Battlement - hints at like, inner struggle, which at least two of the songs are about :)

Hehe, brainstorming is fuuuun!

GuitarComet
11-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Chimp,

Your stuff is the BEST stuff on this site!
It's as good as anything on Soundclick...(including my songs!)
The Last Day is a masterpiece!

When I think of your stuff, I think of the delicate, feather-light touch you have on the keyboards/piano, then I think of the chugging fat guitar sounds in other parts....
And I wanna give you a name that covers it all.

Something like...

PowerPuff
Or
Fluffy Armor

Maybe even...

Steel Cloud

larry_emder
11-21-2004, 10:47 PM
wowzers, youve got lotsa ideas floating around, dont ya..........some pretty good stuff on here , keep working

WuZisIZ
11-22-2004, 10:51 PM
I wanna hear more metal fusion like Spirals :thumb: great stuff!

How about Circles of darkness, or something to that effect.
Themed after the darker circles of society, and uh...black holes in space...
And a twist, the pupils. Dark circles in the center of the eyes drawing in all light reflecting a world of color to the mind.

Or to go with the DVD project...Grinding the Wench.

Great work! I wish I could do drumming on the comp like you! :upset:

spiderman546
11-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Hehe yeah man, Throbbing is always good, but I might save that title for my side project adult DVD \m/(^_^)\m/

Yeah Spiderman, the title just kinda....changed over time. It was called Devils Are Really Angels, but Jacob's Ladder is the film that quote (the speaking bit) is taken from :) If you know of a version *without* speaking, then let me know...cos such a version shouldn't exist, at least not done by me :-\

Oh and by the way I liked your idea of a "lost sound", I've got a song on the go at the moment which features the lines:

"Where the human proclamation of self goes unheard,
Where the loudest cry for help dissipates into air to be swallowed by silence
Here you'll find, Godlessness"

(Don't ask me who's gunna sing that by the way ;) )

So the idea of a sound being made, but never to be heard, is pretty cool.

Also like The Battlement - hints at like, inner struggle, which at least two of the songs are about :)

Hehe, brainstorming is fuuuun!

hehe i was a little worried about song stealing, i have it on my computer, thats the only reason i thought of that. very cool though. glad you liked my title suggestion