PDA

View Full Version : where to next?!?

kingey_boy
11-20-2004, 09:45 AM
hey, can anybody give me any ideas on what our band can do next! We've done a few covers and we're wondering what we can do next! We want to start writing something of our own but we never know where to start! :confused: If any one can give us some advice on what we can do next then that would be great!
:thumb:
PS. we have no vocalist yet its just two guitarist's, a bass player and a drummer (me! :D )

moaner
11-20-2004, 04:30 PM
grab a guitar.

play some ranfdom chords/notes until you find something cool.

find what key they're in and write some more parts to it, as well as the other instruments.

Keep going.

Change bits to make them sound better.

Wow! you have a song.

NoMoreHate
11-20-2004, 05:13 PM
1) Find a vocalist
2) Play some gigs
3) If you don't know where to start when it comes to writing, write lyrics first. Then figure out how you want something to sound in your head as you read the lyrics. Different things work for different people.

Merkaba
11-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Kingey...I mean come on. I tell ya what to do. Write a song. Geez. Youre gonna have to one day if youre planning on being a band. So quite puzzy footing around and start learning how to work together.

kingey_boy
11-23-2004, 01:11 PM
cheers for the advice guys! We already started to put together some stuff and we have an intro for a song which is pretty kewl! If anyones got any more advice on anything that would be grand! thanx :p