PDA

View Full Version : Vocal Processor

Merker
11-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Has anyone here ever tried the DigiTech Vocal 300? if so how do you like it?
Im a guitar player in a band and i just do backup, but i think it would be cool to mess around with because i love singing. Also does anyone know of a harmonizing, double tracking rack effects processor that has more than one input, so for example me AND the lead singer can use it? ive checked out the TC helicons and the Antares, but only one mic can be plugged into them.

EcolliJK
11-20-2004, 10:46 AM
i have it
it's good enough for live performance
in the beginning you have to learn how to use it though but that's normal
you can make some cool effects but don't expect super dooper effects
the distortion is in the beginning a major call for feedback so that's something you have to learn to work with.
the chorus en hormanizing effects sound great though
it has it pros and cons but overal it's good.

NoMoreHate
11-20-2004, 11:22 AM
I was actually looking at this thing on the net yesterday when I accidentally found it on some site. Looks like a cool little gizmo to have, but does anyone know exactly HOW useful it is to a performer who doesn't want to sound like a Cyborg or a Chipmunk? (both of these are features of the processor) what is it's practical application when performing on stage? Or is it little more than a novelty with little practical use...

Levitate
11-20-2004, 04:02 PM
I like the echos chorus and flanger(for trippiness)

distortion is cool, but you better have a good noisegate otherwise you get feedback. sounds like a talkbox thingy.

IMO the best thing is just to plug a mic into a pa with a little reverb.

NoMoreHate
11-20-2004, 05:03 PM
How do the harmonizing and chorus effects work and what do they do exactly?

EcolliJK
11-21-2004, 03:21 AM
that's really hard to explain actually comparable to the chorus-effect for guitar

Merker
11-24-2004, 12:18 PM
bump

Levitate
11-25-2004, 11:42 AM
How do the harmonizing and chorus effects work and what do they do exactly?

I have a harmonizer, it sucks.

the cheapo harmonizer - you cant tune it to any scales, so it sounds weak. you just get a higher or lower pitch no matter what you sing.

the expensive harmonizer - you can select what key you are singing in for harmonizing. now that is cool (but worth the price???!?!?!?)

moaner
11-25-2004, 02:00 PM
A guy called merker is posting in the sesh. This is so confusing.

Merker, Merkaba- <CONFUZED>

Merker
11-27-2004, 07:54 PM
merkaba is my evil twin;)