PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable music notation software?

fleas_fingers
11-17-2004, 06:24 PM
I really want to write my music down. Are there any sites out there that lets you download good music notation software? Just so you know, GuitarPro is not one of them.

Cain
11-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Happy to help you out. Here's what you do: go to Google. Type in "Finale." Finale's software site will be at the top of the list. Click on it. Go to Downloads, find where you can download the Finale Notepad program. It's totally free and allows you to notate all your music in real staffs and then save it and print it out. It's an amazing program for the fact that it's free, and plus it's a trip to see your compositions on real music paper. It has MIDI playback ability so you can check and make sure everything's written out the way you want it to sound. There's an optional tablature staff you can add too, if you don't want to bother with real notation. Badass!!! But if you're only looking for tab stuff, get TabIt. If you only have a Mac, though, you can't use it. My first choice would be Finale Notepad. There you go!

Vitriolic Rage
11-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Sibelius perhaps?

Hadji
11-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Happy to help you out. Here's what you do: go to Google. Type in "Finale." Finale's software site will be at the top of the list. Click on it. Go to Downloads, find where you can download the Finale Notepad program. It's totally free and allows you to notate all your music in real staffs and then save it and print it out. It's an amazing program for the fact that it's free, and plus it's a trip to see your compositions on real music paper. It has MIDI playback ability so you can check and make sure everything's written out the way you want it to sound. There's an optional tablature staff you can add too, if you don't want to bother with real notation. Badass!!! But if you're only looking for tab stuff, get TabIt. If you only have a Mac, though, you can't use it. My first choice would be Finale Notepad. There you go!
I agree whole-heartidly. There isn't a better free program for standard notation than Notepad.

odd rocker
11-20-2004, 01:33 PM
im not sure if its what your looking for but i use powertabs and i find it extremely useful you type in the tab numbers and it writes it up in notation for you