PDA

View Full Version : Boring or some potential?

ESP47
11-15-2004, 03:41 PM
This is the new song ive been working on. I cant really decide whether I like it or not. The first riff is pretty hard to play but after that its kinda simple but still fast. I was thinking a double bass machine gun type thing for the 2nd riff(13sec) and then back it down to a basic rock/metal beat for the part where I start the triplets(25sec). The riff after that is what im going to use for the verse(37sec) and the last one (50sec) is the potential chorus.

How many times I play each riff and if I should add any more to it will be dictated by what everything sounds like when I play it with the drummer. So its basically just a little rough draft.

Constructive criticizm is appreciated. Song is called "Fast Metal"....thanks

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/writePage.cfm?myType=music&bandid=104263&bandnamesave=freebeer

Ixaxsys
11-15-2004, 04:38 PM
It's nothing fantastic but it's got a nice feel to it. It made me think somewhat of Slayer, but then again I've hardly really listened to them. I would say pick up the speed even more and see what it sounds like.

~LEDZEP~
11-27-2004, 05:40 PM
wow, i thought it was awesome, keep it up

mordredozzy124
11-27-2004, 05:44 PM
reminds me a lot of early metallica. very good. also slayer a bit i suppose. put in a fast solo, and should be a good song.

IDoItForTheChicks
11-27-2004, 08:06 PM
I lyke. :thumb:

denboy
11-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Some great riffs in there! And they fit very good together. If you're making it a song, then work a bit on the structure though.

With some vocals on it, it'd rock my socks off.

theitalianrob
11-27-2004, 08:40 PM
this song has potential, i think the distortion on ur guitar is terable tho.

myhatredinside
11-27-2004, 08:45 PM
sounded sweet.

axeslinga_32
11-28-2004, 07:03 AM
your tone is yuck, its a little repetetive, but i love it!

with some agressive singing, ide really like it. it also needs a couple of solos.

A_Perfect_Sonnet
11-28-2004, 07:33 AM
its felt really 80s, modernize, i want some metalcore riffs, not that easy stuff

you are good at playing fast though... add some shadows fall or as i lay dying style drumming, and id like you

ESP47
11-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Metalcore is what im trying to stay away from. All the bands these days have the exact same sound. This song was sort of a "go back to its roots" metal song for me. Fast, not too complicated and doesnt sound like everything you hear on the radio today.

Thanks for the all the comments guys. I really want a fast solo too but I cant solo at all right now. Ive been playing for about 4 years and soloing still hasnt worked for me yet :(