PDA

View Full Version : Solo Artist Question

apromisingyear
11-14-2004, 02:57 AM
Okay, I will be honest enough to admit this...my band is full of flakes...they want girls and money and do nothing to get it. I got a question...What do you all think about being a solo musician?

Most likely it will be me and an acoustic with no drums or bass...possibly some electric songs. Think of "I Can Make A Mess Like Nobodys Business" or Punk goes acoustic type of thing. Is it worth even spending money to record albums and play gigs or is it a waste of time...Thing emo acoustic...Do I stand a chance?

Visit: http://www.purevolume.com/icanmakeamesslikenobodysbusiness

For an idea on what im talking about or check out the punk goes acoustic album and tell me if this is worth professionally pursuing. Thanks. :thumb: :chug: :smoke: :cool:

apromisingyear
11-14-2004, 04:22 AM
*bump* opinons please

onthenooseagain15
11-14-2004, 10:26 AM
I think it could go both ways. But i suggest taking up drumming and bass. Without those, it will sound like hell...

KissMeIamSh*tFaced
11-14-2004, 11:31 AM
Yea what he said. Or hire a musician to play the drums. If you play guitar you can figure the bass out.

Merkaba
11-14-2004, 01:10 PM
a punk or emo style with solo acoustic....a whole album. I dont know if listeners are ready for that yet. Now if youre talking about something easier like just some alternative stylings with a folk or poetical edge, I could see that. Of course. It never hurts to start a trend or style. If youre good youre good and others will say so. plus if it doesnt work you can just convert them over to full band songs. IT wont be that much of a waste besides time. You will have worked on your song writing skills and playing skill all the time. And it will have costed next to nothing to record a solo album with todays capabilities, ...relatively speaking when compared to recording a full band project. Hell you can record a solo album yourself in your own bedroom.

apromisingyear
11-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the input. I DO know how to play drums (5 Years) and I DO know how to play bass (4 years). I have been playing guitar for four years. My only flaw would be my vocals...they need some minor work (well I believe everyone's voice does). I have a program on my computer "Kristal Audio Engine". That program and "Magix Audio Studio" are used for my solo things.

I'd like to re-state the question.

Would it be wise to go out and record an acoustic album and try to play gigs off of it. I came across the idea when I heard The Early November's Acoustic E.P. and when I heard I CAN MAKE A MESS LIKE NOBODYS BUSINESS Full Length album which is nothing more than a guitarist playing/singing acoustic songs by himself. He also is doing a tour across the U.S. off of this album. I thought to myself, "Wow! He can do it, so can I" but I wanted more opinions, maybe someone could GO TO THE LINK IN MY ORIGINAL POST AND LISTEN TO THE SONGS! Then let me know if I stand a chance or will it be a waste of time and just fall flat on my face.

Any more input would be greatly appreciated!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

kOffkOff
11-16-2004, 01:05 AM
you can be a solo artist but work/feature different artists/friends in different songs.

apromisingyear
11-16-2004, 01:08 AM
thanks 4 the idea koffkoff

kOffkOff
11-16-2004, 01:10 AM
thanks 4 the idea koffkoff

your welcome :chug: