PDA

View Full Version : Bands that do crazy **** onstage.

iamtheking
11-12-2004, 03:57 AM
What are some bands that do crazy antics on stage? SOAD does some ...and thats all i can think of at the moment.

rising_fury
11-12-2004, 03:59 AM
iggy pop and mayhem

BuddyBigsby
11-12-2004, 04:02 AM
DEP used to breathe fire. I heard Charles Bronson used to literally beat the shit out of each other when they played.

Colonel Oysterhead
11-12-2004, 04:12 AM
i havent seen them live before, but rammstein seem to do some crazy stuff onstage..

Riva
11-12-2004, 04:15 AM
A lot of Black Metal bands do stuff like drink clotted pig's blood, etc.

GG. Allin did some screwed up stuff in his shows.

Mustaine does some crazy stuff onstage. And Alice Cooper have quite good stage shows.

BoboTheRagingHobo
11-12-2004, 04:25 AM
Rammstein, Deicide ( got arrested for throwing goat heads into the audience ), various black metal bands as stated before, Rob Zombie, GWAR...

See you auntie!
11-12-2004, 04:30 AM
I heard Charles Bronson used to literally beat the shit out of each other when they played.

Literally? They actually pooped on stage?

Riva
11-12-2004, 04:30 AM
How could I forget GWAR!?! They even have "evil" dancers for crying out loud. :lol:

Riva
11-12-2004, 04:31 AM

GG Allin did. As did DEP once, I think.

NJMetalMeister
11-12-2004, 04:37 AM
GG allin has done just about any disgusting thing imaginable on stage.

LordDargon
11-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Deicide also threw sheep's blood and various sheep organs into the audience... they used to stuff mannquins with sheep organs and let the audience rip them apart.

Paranoidd
11-12-2004, 06:59 AM
DEP went up on stage during a festival, and the singer took a dump onto a paper towel and said: "This is shit. Get used to it, because you're going to see alot of it on stage today" and then threw it into the audience.

That's pretty bad, but IMO nothing tops the chick from L7 that took a bloody tampon out of herself and whipped it at the audience.

Funny thing was, somebody threw it back. :confused:

ib4n3z
11-12-2004, 10:07 AM
I read on Ultimate Guitar that a some county metal band got arrested because they got a guy who volunteered to commit suicide on stage. That just tops all of the disgusting stunts...

Ando
11-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Im not sure whats more disturbing. The fact that someone would commit suicide on stage to entain people and "fans", or that there is a genre of music called "country metal" :S

Hendrix026
11-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Im not sure whats more disturbing. The fact that someone would commit suicide on stage to entain people and "fans", or that there is a genre of music called "country metal" :S

:lol:

Arucard
11-12-2004, 10:41 AM
probably the bassist from queens of the stone age getting nude, and gettting aressted because the governer of woteva state he was in was their with his daughter

big
11-12-2004, 10:54 AM
the slipknot guys are pretty mad

beyondthecircle
11-12-2004, 11:30 AM
gg allin for sure

Paranoidd
11-12-2004, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=88_Fingers_Joe]probably the bassist from queens of the stone age getting nude, and gettting aressted because the

Nick Oliveri, yeah he's a madman. Josh Homme actually kicked him out of the band because he is too much of a party animal, and coming from Josh that's pretty bad because he's no saint himself.

Whatever
11-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Some of my friends went to see GWAR recently. It was alegedly (sp?) crazy.

Slayer pours blood on themselves when they perform reign in blood.

i am the robots
11-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Gargaroth: Mock crucifixions, killing sheep and putting their heads on stage
GWAR: The giant ***** that sprayed fake cum!

Jimi Haze
11-12-2004, 12:00 PM
If your talking about bands from the past aswell....

I'm not sure many people could top Ozzy biting the head of that bat..

But The Who were basically the first band to smash up their instruments on stage which so many bands copy now

Cain
11-12-2004, 12:00 PM
What are some bands that do crazy antics on stage? SOAD does some ...and thats all i can think of at the moment.

Steve Vai can get up to some crazy antics. A favorite of his is swinging his guitar over his head....by the whammy bar! He also likes to take his guitar off and step on its feedback node points, which is truly amazing. He jumps around and goes generally wild while managing to play all of his insanely complicated stuff cleanly.

BuddyBigsby
11-12-2004, 12:12 PM

Haha, not that literally.

radianteclipse
11-12-2004, 12:24 PM
The Dillinger Escape Plan knock out eachother's teeth and crazy **** like that sometimes. I don't know like their shows..I mean I do..but I can't handle it!

bassaholica2004
11-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Wasn't it Mayhem who chopped off a goat's head on stage and it him some kid in the head and gave him brain damage?

dave grohl
11-12-2004, 12:39 PM
chad smith goes âucking mental on stage.

BuddyBigsby
11-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Oh, and The Bad Luck 13 Riot Extravaganza used to have really violent shows. At their last show at this past Hellfest, they had their fans tip over 6-level high bleachers with people on them, fired bottle rockets into the crowd, threw saws into the crowd, hit people with barbwired baseball bats, threw pig's blood and body parts into the crowd, a kid threw a fluorescent light bulb like a javelin, etc.

Paranoidd
11-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Oh, and The Bad Luck 13 Riot Extravaganza used to have really violent shows. At their last show at this past Hellfest, they had their fans tip over 6-level high bleachers with people on them, fired bottle rockets into the crowd, threw saws into the crowd, hit people with barbwired baseball bats, threw pig's blood and body parts into the crowd, a kid threw a fluorescent light bulb like a javelin, etc.

That's hXc and all, but no titties? wtf?

TheSubtleArts
11-12-2004, 01:39 PM
shawn from slipknot covers his head in goat blood i think and is always vomiting. and sid jumps off things that are high.

Steerpike
11-12-2004, 01:49 PM
What about rock's first wild man, Jerry Lee Lewis?

The first time he was nivited to play at the Grand Ol' Opry, they told him he wasn't allowed to curse. He kept his promise until the encore when he shouted to the audience "Stand up and clap your hands, becuase I'm a country singin', hard rockin' mother ****er!" The management banned him from ever coming back after the show.

Later, he would pull out a loaded gun on stage and try to shoot a beer bottle, miss, and end up hitting his bassist in the stomach.

Sure he seems pretty tame compared to bands like Mayhem, but back then Lewis was a maniac.

Shadows
11-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Obviously GWAR and most black metal bands. I think Mayhem and Gorgoroth are the most extreme. Some friends also told me that From a Second Story Window does insane violent things at their shows.

LoveMuscle
11-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Ted Nugent is hillarious.
He swings around on stage from a rope in a loin cloth and shoots his guitar with a bow and arrow.

and how could we forget Hendrix setting his guitar on fire and playing with his teeth?

Cramboli
11-12-2004, 02:07 PM
ya thats fu(kin insane

BuddyBigsby
11-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Stop saying Slipknot, faggots.

thenextiommi
11-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Ozzy Osbourne used to do tons of crazy s'hit on stage he even hung a midget once

Snowgeezer
11-12-2004, 02:12 PM
I would say ACDC, not really crazy stuff but a crowd pleaser. Don't know if that helps

ToRidTheDisease
11-12-2004, 02:13 PM
GG Allan, and Rammstein.

guitar, bass, sax
11-12-2004, 02:18 PM
A lot of Black Metal bands do stuff like drink clotted pig's blood, etc.

GG. Allin did some screwed up stuff in his shows.

Mustaine does some crazy stuff onstage. And Alice Cooper have quite good stage shows.

Just on the record I would like to say that there is nothing less healthy to drink than pig's blood. Pig's blood sausages are illegal because they are so fatty and unhealthy. :lol:

Atom
11-12-2004, 02:34 PM
iggy pop and mayhem

I thought of Iggy too, leaping into shards of broken glass back in the Stooges days must have hurt like a bugger.

bobcat911
11-12-2004, 02:37 PM
I dont think bands can be 'too crazy' on stage. Theres nothin worse then paying $40 and goin to a concert and the band just stands there ...I love it when bands are jumpin around havin a good time. I've never seen a band with that was 'too crazy' The Chili Peppers have the best stage prescence I can think of. They rock!

Quebec
11-12-2004, 02:37 PM
I heard Andrew W.K. is crazy onstage

Carcass5150
11-12-2004, 03:19 PM
The all time greatest stage band is GWAR. I mean what other band can you see in which you have a high probability of getting both blood and simulated seamen all over you. You also just the chance of being fed to a giant foam vagina monster.

acdcfreak
11-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Slipknot does some pretty insane stuff, like throwing beer kegs and other random shit too.

DeathHawk
11-12-2004, 03:46 PM
GISM is right behind Bad Luck 13 Riot Extravaganza in terms of insanity.

The singer for GISM is now the leader of the Yakuza Syndicate.

Thats punk or metal or whatever the fack you want to call it.

rik
11-12-2004, 03:46 PM
DEP used to breathe fire.

Yer, I've got a dvd with them doing that.

DeathHawk
11-12-2004, 03:49 PM
pfff so did KISS....

Mark. A
11-12-2004, 04:21 PM
the slipknot guys are pretty mad

I was afraid that someone would post Slipknot, they can't do anything right and there shows are shit.

=-fukifiknow-=
11-12-2004, 06:50 PM
jim morrison is old school doing crazy **** onstage, my friends dad was at a show once where he was noticibly drunk he came out and said "i am jesus, worship me" or something like that

-TheGlassPrison-
11-12-2004, 07:04 PM
lizard king or something lol

extreme_191
11-12-2004, 07:24 PM
But The Who were basically the first band to smash up their instruments on stage which so many bands copy now

Anyone fimilar with the Who's drummer, Keith Moon?

I argue him as my fav. drummer, based on how crazy he was as a person. He would drink soooo much and perform incredibly well. His style is very unique, in which he wouldn't seem to try when playing, he just played.

I read that he couldn't find a parking space for his car at a hotel, so he drove through the front window, and walked up to his room. He and Townsend would always trash every hotel they stayed in.

Now for other crazy performers...

Cooper-invented shock rock
Manson (from what I've heard)
Bowie-dressed up like a girl. Carried the shock rock torch as well.
Iggy Pop-would cut his chest with broken glass
Pink Floyd-they'd just stand still and play. The MADNESS, the MADNESS.
Slipknot-well Thomson's always headbangs hard from start to finish.
Elton John-always wore stupid outfits, and stuff
Tool-Maynard always is interesting, from women's clothing to full body paint
Refused-they destroy anything in sight, and I mean anything

:thumb:

Actually, Hendrix is probably the most amazing performer I've seen with the acception of a few. He would almost never play like his original recordings. He never was a great singer so don't expect his vocals to be better onstage. But, he would perform a whole concert without looking at his hands. At times he would never pick at times and would play a whole solo behind his back, head, between his legs, ect. His guitar was just an extension of himself. He also had the best feedback that I've ever heard live, and I'm a huge Adam Jones fan. That's saying a lot.

jimiandangus12
11-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Anyone fimilar with the Who's drummer, Keith Moon?

I argue him as my fav. drummer, based on how crazy he was as a person. He would drink soooo much and perform incredibly well. His style is very unique, in which he wouldn't seem to try when playing, he just played.

I read that he couldn't find a parking space for his car at a hotel, so he drove through the front window, and walked up to his room. He and Townsend would always trash every hotel they stayed in.

Now for other crazy performers...

Cooper-invented shock rock
Manson (from what I've heard)
Bowie-dressed up like a girl. Carried the shock rock torch as well.
Iggy Pop-would cut his chest with broken glass
Pink Floyd-they'd just stand still and play. The MADNESS, the MADNESS.
Slipknot-well Thomson's always headbangs hard from start to finish.
Elton John-always wore stupid outfits, and stuff
Tool-Maynard always is interesting, from women's clothing to full body paint
Refused-they destroy anything in sight, and I mean anything

:thumb:

Actually, Hendrix is probably the most amazing performer I've seen with the acception of a few. He would almost never play like his original recordings. He never was a great singer so don't expect his vocals to be better onstage. But, he would perform a whole concert without looking at his hands. At times he would never pick at times and would play a whole solo behind his back, head, between his legs, ect. His guitar was just an extension of himself. He also had the best feedback that I've ever heard live, and I'm a huge Adam Jones fan. That's saying a lot.

yeah i mean Pete Townshend smashed his guitar to **** before any one else, and SRV did some stuff like Hendrix but in my opinion Hendrix was the greatest performer of all time, he put on quite a show

Silenius
11-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Mayhem do some CRAZY stuff.

maggot4875
11-12-2004, 09:17 PM
didnt marilyn manson do some crazy s***.my dad put on his concert once on tv and his guitarist was just moving his head directly left and right like shaking no over and over really fast.who does that,arent you supposed to headbang.

Malakian Worshipper
11-12-2004, 11:20 PM
rhcp, socks on cocks, anyone?

thats crazy, and didnt they used to kiss each other on stage, kiedis and flea??? thats pretty crazy

kurdt27
11-12-2004, 11:24 PM

so did gg allin, he also whipped it out and jerked it into the crowd.

StoneHenge1
11-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Manson of course, Slipknot, Cooper, alot more people. cant think right now.

slaytalica25
11-12-2004, 11:40 PM
gwar.....insane

Diatonic DissonanceÖ
11-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Deicide, definitely.

Jet Black Stare
11-12-2004, 11:57 PM
Ive come to the conclusion Black Metal bands are complete moron's. It seems they care more about sucking lamb dick then playing music. Ozzy cant bite head's of animals but he actually has awesome music.

5am
11-13-2004, 12:06 AM
GG ALLIN HE: fought the people who came to see him, broke his teeth by hitting himself in the face with his microphone repeatedly, took a dump on stage then ate it........ theres no topping that

kurdt27
11-13-2004, 12:10 AM
GG ALLIN HE: fought the people who came to see him, broke his teeth by hitting himself in the face with his microphone repeatedly, took a dump on stage then ate it........ theres no topping that

i agree completely

Hammertime1506
11-13-2004, 12:50 AM
*NEW BAND* Los Lonely Boys, do great shows, it's like watching Hendrix or SRV. But im 16, im stupid

iamtheking
11-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Don't flame me but pigs blood is widely available in china and is much liked by the chinese...I'm not from china but i've eaten some pig blood when i was young and it actually wasn't half bad.

Malakian Worshipper
11-13-2004, 02:33 AM

theres just no way to imagine how these guys' minds operate, is there?

iamtheking
11-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Well maybe they were all just on crack and some other stuff then they decided to add **** to their concerts and whatever.

aperfectool94
11-13-2004, 02:51 AM
ive seen a pic were the singer of rammstein was pissing on a a chick on stage it was pretty ****ed

aperfectool94
11-13-2004, 02:56 AM
also my mates went to a marylin manson concert. Bent a female dancer/stripper over, put a wireless microphone up her **** and kept singing while it was in there

Malakian Worshipper
11-13-2004, 03:29 AM
^cool

Malakian Worshipper
11-13-2004, 03:31 AM
Well maybe they were all just on crack and some other stuff then they decided to add **** to their concerts and whatever.

yeah, them being really stupid enough to do crack, then do lots of crack and somehow even think of doing that weird sh it , is just....... **barf**

br3ad_man
11-13-2004, 04:23 AM

That's actually not even close to the worst stuff he did on stage. The guy was insane. Makes me sick just thinking about him. :(

I think the band that Buddy said just about tops it all.

uka100
11-13-2004, 05:06 AM
ive seen a pic were the singer of rammstein was pissing on a a chick on stage it was pretty ****ed

...or maybe it was a hose pipe?

http://www.cheesepie.net/images/rammstein.jpg

Also no one has mentioned Rockbitch.

Squirrel
11-13-2004, 05:08 AM
That's actually not even close to the worst stuff he did on stage. The guy was insane. Makes me sick just thinking about him. :(

I think the band that Buddy said just about tops it all.

:eek:

Care to share ?

Vitriolic Rage
11-13-2004, 05:12 AM
Dead from Mayhem used to cut himself on stage, so does the current vocalist Maniac.

theEndisNear
11-13-2004, 06:07 AM
Marilyn Manson....sticking a glow stick up his *** and then throwing it into the crowd

Bass_ment
11-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Didnt GG Allin give himself an enema on stage too?

downstroy
11-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Amen!! Casey Chaos is crazy on stage! Anyway I read on an interview that he has some heart problems and that his doctor said he may every times he goes on stage... another one that did crazy **** was the might GG Allin but now he's dead...

omgwtfboogie
11-13-2004, 09:40 AM
didnt marilyn manson do some crazy s***.my dad put on his concert once on tv and his guitarist was just moving his head directly left and right like shaking no over and over really fast.who does that,arent you supposed to headbang.
Marilyn goes freaking crazy at live shows. Right now his drummer's out of commission cause Marilyn pushed/punched/kicked him off the riser.

He always throws **** at people. His threatrics are strange...plus, he and his crew would take leaks on deaf girls and screw them right after. Not much can beat that.

Just read his book.

FeelsSoGood311
11-13-2004, 09:47 AM
311 puts ona amazing show

guitarmaniattic
11-13-2004, 01:08 PM
My Chemical Romance is another one. They screwed up one of the stages at Warped Tour. Their singer, Gerard Way, kicked their drummer in the chest which sent him backwards off the stage and to the hospital witha slip disc. Not to mention Frank Ieno hitting Ray Toro (both guitar) in the face with his guitar, giving him stiches and a broken nose AND a concusion. And for the finally, closing the stage by throwing a microphone into a rain puddle, frying all the wiring. Freagin crazy.

SlashHalen
11-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Mudvayne from what i hear is pretty crazy on stage. Like i heard that a fan tried beating up one of them so they all started kicking the dudes *** while playing their instruments.