PDA

View Full Version : How to setup reel-to-reel?

cgecko1219
11-11-2004, 08:36 PM
My friend and I started a recording studio in his room, and we busted out all his dad's old stuff, which included a Teac A-3300 SX, which is an old reel-to-reel tape recorder and i was wondering how the hell to thread the film through the thing. Pics and links would help a lot. :thumb:

Merkaba
11-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Google?
Yahoo?

theabstract
11-12-2004, 01:58 AM
altavista?
shut the **** up and give him some reel (pun) advice?

hehe, reel to reel, never really used it cant help u there man

Merkaba
11-12-2004, 03:11 AM
altavista?
shut the **** up and give him some reel (pun) advice?

hehe, reel to reel, never really used it cant help u there man

Is that a joke or are you sexually frustrated and taking it out on me? Furthermore, if i shut up, I cant give reel advice. So make your mind up. What I gave was advice. And actually 200% more than what you gave, barring the idea that your altavista was a serious reply.
Now you shut the fuck up, kid.

cgecko1219
11-12-2004, 03:03 PM
tried the major search engines, not much on my specific recorder, but i'll search more generally. Keep the help comin.

Merkaba
11-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Yea sometimes people tend to overlook engine searches when they're on this board for a while. I know i have, so i thought it would help to remind a bit. Believe it or not... You might could get a response or two in the pit. or someone might would know where to go. You might have to bump it a few times. A question like that would have a hundred views but still be on the second page in an hour. There are so many people in there that your chances of getting a good response go up. :lol: your chances of getting flamed just for using a reel to reel, or just for breathing oxygen also go up exponentially! :lol: give it a try.

theabstract
11-12-2004, 04:26 PM
sexually frustrated, most definitely not...

drunk yes...i'm very sorry man, your a **** fine singer by the way.

Merkaba
11-13-2004, 02:47 AM
Ebay has a Teac 3000 manual. it didnt say SX though, you could also email the seller and he might help you out.
http://electronics.listings.ebay.com/Vintage-Audio_Reel-to-Reel-Tape-Recorders_W0QQfromZR4QQlopgZ3QQsacategoryZ15000QQs ocmdZListingItemList

This one has some close ups, but not how to...YOu could email the guy maybe, I'm sure he can tell you how. his info is at the bottom of the screen.
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/vintagetx/Sold.html

I did a google search. I think you'll be able to find out more than you think if you worked it a bit. Come on now, its the internet!