PDA

View Full Version : The new semester of Advertisment 101.

thirdeyeblindislit
11-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Well I took the ideas from people that responded to my last post and they really worked. If you want to make it in the music bussiness as a band or as a producer or anything else, Advertisment is a must. My study has shown that these things below have really helped.

Free Beer! :chug: - Free beer (for people over the age of 21) worked really well for one band's concert. Not only did many people show up but many people bought CD's and we made well over what we spent on beer.

Demos- Yes demos did work very well. We passed around a CD player and let people listen to us and we explained who we were and when we were playing.

T-Shirts- We did this before I made the last post and many people around the town of Tucson knew who we were when we played and we were greeted with a loud response.

Stickers- You can't go to many high schools in Tucson without seeing at least one of our stickers.

Buttons- Same as stickers.

Publicity Stunts- For God sakes if you want to get somewhere you should do this! Many people were amazed when one person picked up a cochroach and ate it and even more were surprised when another stuck one up his ***.

All around our show pulled up 1,123 people and $3,369 which gave us $2,369 more than we had before. And the demos sold at the show gave us and extra $2,986. So keep this post in mind if you want to know of something that works. :smoke:

Rats
11-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Nice to hear free beer worked for you =D

thirdeyeblindislit
11-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Nice to hear free beer worked for you =D

LOL. Thanks I knew it would. :smoke:

moaner
11-12-2004, 02:17 PM
All around our show pulled up 1,123 people and $3,369 which gave us $2,369 more than we had before. And the demos sold at the show gave us and extra $2,986. So keep this post in mind if you want to know of something that works. :smoke:

If you making that much USD, what you still doing on this forum? over 1000 people is pretty **** good going.

thirdeyeblindislit
11-12-2004, 03:10 PM
If you making that much USD, what you still doing on this forum? over 1000 people is pretty **** good going.

Thanks, I appriciate that. But I really love these forums and all the people on them. :smoke:

KKKKKocaine
11-13-2004, 03:44 AM
Many people were amazed when one person picked up a cochroach and ate it and even more were surprised when another stuck one up his ***.

How does that tie in with promoting your band in any way?

~Wu
11-17-2004, 05:25 PM
if you want to make it BIG time though, its all about who you know and who they know. then you leave the advertising to the record label who will spend millions on it for you :)