PDA

View Full Version : Advertisment 101

thirdeyeblindislit
11-07-2004, 05:55 PM
I have a huge question. What are some good advertisment ideas? Like what would you do if you wanted a band to be well known? :confused: :smoke: :chug:

Rats
11-07-2004, 06:06 PM
free beer!!!

session9
11-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Try some sort of dangerous, illegal publicity stunt in a public arena, like climbing a building or something. That might make the news, if there's a chance you could die. Of course, you might end up becoming someone's "wife" in prison when they catch you.

Otherwise, I'm all out of ideas. I know - how about working hard, doing gigs, and playing good music well? That rarely works, but there is the odd story out there to give us hope.

KissMeIamSh*tFaced
11-07-2004, 07:21 PM
pull off some kind of stunt

Drazinus
11-07-2004, 07:45 PM
I go with the stunt...but if that doesnt work, like you get caught, hurt badly or killed...then I'd suggest passing out flyers, stickers, pins, pens, pencils, cake...people like cake...give out free cake on the sidewalk...

[-Draz-]

KissMeIamSh*tFaced
11-07-2004, 08:10 PM
or just **** as many groupies as you can, if your any good they'll be your fan for life.

Merkaba
11-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Ya'll are retarded! :p :smoke:

Blink_Fan315
11-08-2004, 07:23 PM
You cant just be like ~*BAM*~ and then your band is very well known, promote your band like, make shirts and wear them, sell alot of demos to everyone u know, have friends tell their friends about u, and have them to the same to their friends and so on... sign up for websites were u can have your band on, (ex: Purevolume :)) and of coarse gig like crazy, and just work your way up, or do the stunt thing too, i dont remember that ever really working though lol

KKKKKocaine
11-09-2004, 05:00 AM
The best and only way to get publicity is to gig, tour and push yourself (the band, not your raging hormones) on everyone you meet.
There is no other way about it, you can try stunts e.t.c., but if they work, your band will not be developed enough to sustain the popularity you get, if any.
You cannot get an easy ride in the music industry, You have to gig constantly, promoting yourself to members of public, throwing your demo at radio DJ's e.t.c.
Play acoustic sets on the street before a gig and hand on flyers, there are hundreds of little tactics to bring more people to your gigs.

session9
11-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Some venues come down hard on bands handing out flyers in the street if they find out about it. I imagine doing it as some sort of acoustic "gig" wouldn't wash with them either.

KKKKKocaine
11-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Some venues come down hard on bands handing out flyers in the street if they find out about it. I imagine doing it as some sort of acoustic "gig" wouldn't wash with them either.

You've confused me now, Venues don't approve of bands giving out flyers to promote the gig at that venue, or Venues don't approve of bands giving out flyers for other venues because it takes away business?

The only situation in which they could stop you, would be if you were playing that gig, In which case they would not stop you, because it would damage their interests.
If you are playing at The Ritz venue, and The Ballroom moans about you handing out flyers, they have no more legal right to stop you, than Mcdonalds has to stop you from talking about burger king to a friend.

As with the acoustic gig, provided it is cleared with the authorities, once again, the venue's cannot do anything.

moaner
11-09-2004, 09:05 AM
who would you contact to try an dget a busking license?

KKKKKocaine
11-09-2004, 09:24 AM
who would you contact to try an dget a busking license?

http://www.vocalist.org.uk/busking_licensing.html They have a list of UK places to go.
But if your area is not on there then the best place to look would be calling your local council and asking them.

DMBGuru
11-10-2004, 11:34 PM
Post about them on message boards! So many music fans are out there, like on this board!

If you want another board to post them on, check out my message boards:

http://www.jambandforums.com/