PDA

View Full Version : Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 05:48 PM
The Sonic games for the Genesis were all really fun. There was also that weird Knuckles game called Chaotix. So did you guys like these games? I still play them theyre real fun. I like Knuckles the best because hes got a lot of cool moves. Also, does anyone know how to get past the part in the carnival level in Sonic 3 where you have to jump on the white and red thing and you're trapped in that room?

TommyB
11-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Sonic > Mario

Sonics owns one of my fave games on the Mega Drive after the legendary Mini Micro Machines Turbo Party 2 which had two control ports built into the cartridge for 4 player gaming which at the time was the coolest thing alive.

RouteOne
11-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Sonic > Mario

Sonics owns one of my fave games on the Mega Drive after the legendary Mini Micro Machines Turbo Party 2 which had two control ports built into the cartridge for 4 player gaming which at the time was the coolest thing alive.

w-w-w-w-WHA!? Mario is clearly the supirior game. :p

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 06:50 PM
I think the best sonic was sonic 2. This one was the longest, had cool levels, and was also the first one I played. Does anyone remember Chaotix or that awful Sonic 3D?

AMAC
11-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I still remember playing Sonic 2 on my genesis... I never beat that game. :upset:

Good times, though. I'd kill to get that system back with those games. Such good times.

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 07:00 PM
I still remember playing Sonic 2 on my genesis... I never beat that game. :upset:

Good times, though. I'd kill to get that system back with those games. Such good times.
Yeah, I think Genesis was one of the best systems. Sonic 2 is pretty hard especially the last level with no rings.

Let's Chop Cats!
11-06-2004, 07:02 PM
I had the hardest time on that same part.

What you do is push Up when the barrel goes up and down when it goes down. Keep doing it as it get's high/lower. Once low enough Jump off.

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 07:04 PM
I had the hardest time on that same part.

What you do is push Up when the barrel goes up and down when it goes down. Keep doing it as it get's high/lower. Once low enough Jump off.
I have completed it a total of 1 time and I had to have my friend control tails to help me. Why in hell did they make that part so hard?

Let's Chop Cats!
11-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Haha, it's not that it's hard it's just that it's annoying to figure out what to do. Nobody thinks of pushing up or down. So when you finally do it, you feel incredible stupid.

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Haha, it's not that it's hard it's just that it's annoying to figure out what to do. Nobody thinks of pushing up or down. So when you finally do it, you feel incredible stupid.
Yeah I just did it, its easy.

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Sonic 3 is easy, I was playing it just now. I got all the way to the last level in about 1 hour. I got a gome over at the last Robotnik, so I quit for a while. Its a lot easier than I remember though. Does any one know why Tails isn't there during the final boss fight?

Ramsey
11-06-2004, 10:08 PM
I still find it really fun even today.

itspuddingtime00
11-06-2004, 10:40 PM
my sega genesis is currectly collecting dust in my room. Sonic the hedgehog with the little expansion cartridge with knuckles was my favorite game.

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 10:56 PM
I seriously think these are some of the best games ever.

xxGumbyxx
11-06-2004, 11:00 PM
It took me four years to figure out how to beat that carnival part :upset:

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 11:02 PM
It took me four years to figure out how to beat that carnival part :upset:
It confused me for quite a while i just used knuckles.

xxGumbyxx
11-06-2004, 11:06 PM
I never got the Sonic and Knuckles little adaptor thing. I heard it was awesome though. I bet I can still find it on eBay or somethin.

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Yeah, its worth the $5 or whatever it costs i would buy it.

xxGumbyxx
11-06-2004, 11:11 PM
One question though: If you play as knuckles, what happens in the little parts where sonic encounters knuckles in Sonic 3

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 11:46 PM
One question though: If you play as knuckles, what happens in the little parts where sonic encounters knuckles in Sonic 3
Well in the first level where knuckles breaks the bridge, knuckles just jumps off the bridge. Then the part where knuckles usually breaks the bridge in act 2 of the water level and hes standing behind that wall, you just sorta of bust through the wall. You get teleported out of the carnival level before the knuckles part. Finally, in the very last level where knuckles punches your ship and falls into the sea, he just isnt there.

Peter Veinkman
11-06-2004, 11:48 PM
I can answer most any question about the Genesis Sonics, so if any one has one ask me.

sketchyjoe
11-07-2004, 06:44 AM
Sonic the HEdgehog took me longer to complete than any other game.

I started it on the Mega Drive when I was 7 and got stuck on fighting Robotnik in the water level. I never got past there. A few months ago I got a ROM of it and completed it. It only took 10 years.

Peter Veinkman
11-07-2004, 08:01 AM
Sonic the HEdgehog took me longer to complete than any other game.

I started it on the Mega Drive when I was 7 and got stuck on fighting Robotnik in the water level. I never got past there. A few months ago I got a ROM of it and completed it. It only took 10 years.
The first Sonic?

ClericKevin
11-07-2004, 10:27 PM
if you have a xbox get the sonic mega collection plus, has all the genisis sonic games excpet it doesnt have the chaotic

Peter Veinkman
11-08-2004, 03:48 PM
I might buy that for Game Cube.

Nerdcore753
11-08-2004, 05:44 PM
I have almost all of them. I've never finished the first one or Sonic Spinball. The fisrt one is so **** hard!

xxGumbyxx
11-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Sonic Spinball was awesome. A wee bit hard for me to beat, though I accomplished it.

Toucan Sham
11-08-2004, 08:51 PM
I was all about Sonic when I was a kid. I remember getting Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles the days they came out (and they were about $60 or $70 back then). I just recently played through Sonic 3 and Knuckles with my girlfriend's kid brother, I forgot how fun that game was (and how clueless eight-year-old kids can be).

Also Sonic Team had nothing to do with Sonic 3D Blast which is probably why it wasn't so good. I liked it though. The worst was this game called Wacky Worlds. All you did was pick out things from a scrapbook (i.e. palm trees, mermaids, etc) and paste them in some pre-set environment, but they pasted Sonic and Tails on there randomly to sell the game.

GaryDaNoTrashCougar
11-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Wow, the memories on that Genesis. Sonic 2 was teh first video game I ever played and I've been hooked on games ever since.

Does anyone remember any of the Sonics where the level begins with Sonic on top of a plane that Tails was flying, and than he jumped off and turned all gold and started flying across the water to an island?

Could you ever turn gold while you were actually playing or was it just during the intro of the level?

xxGumbyxx
11-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Yea. That's super sonic man. So ****in fast , it feels like your'e flying. I had a code for it somewhere, but I can't find it. The only other way to change in to him is to get all 7 chaos emeralds.

Toucan Sham
11-08-2004, 09:05 PM
']Does anyone remember any of the Sonics where the level begins with Sonic on top of a plane that Tails was flying, and than he jumped off and turned all gold and started flying across the water to an island?

Could you ever turn gold while you were actually playing or was it just during the intro of the level?

That was Sonic 3, and yes you can turn Super Sonic (gold) once you collect all the chaos emeralds.

ClericKevin
11-08-2004, 10:22 PM
turning into hyper knucles owns as well