PDA

View Full Version : I need a FREE recorder....

bassaholica2004
11-06-2004, 12:15 AM
...for a computer. One I can download and play multiple instruments on one track seperately. I doubt such a thing exists, but if you know of one, please show me. I need to lay down a track on guitar, then layer over it with bass, then so on. Can anyone help me?

Rats
11-06-2004, 12:52 AM
all i can recommend is an illegal version of ACID Pro

Merkaba
11-06-2004, 03:33 AM
Such a thing exists

i cant remember the exact links to the sites, but go here http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250277

You can also download a demo of adobe audition that lasts like a month or so. I love audition. i have audacity now which had some glitches, but it seems to be acting ok now.

KKKKKocaine
11-06-2004, 03:52 AM
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

IbanezAxer
11-07-2004, 03:07 AM
go to digidesign.com and get the free version of protools

Gibbon101
11-07-2004, 07:57 AM
You can also download a demo of adobe audition that lasts like a month or so. I love audition.
I've got audition but I can't change the input to my PC's Line In :confused: Any chance you could help me out? Cheers :cool:

xXAcousticTearsXx
11-07-2004, 08:10 AM
I got Cake Walk Pro Audio9 off of Limewire

cgecko1219
11-07-2004, 09:39 AM
I've got audition but I can't change the input to my PC's Line In :confused: Any chance you could help me out? Cheers :cool:

Go to your audio properties (if you have windows, then right click the little speaker thing in the taskbar and go to Open Volume Control and then go to File>Properties). Then Click the Recording bullet and then OK. When the volume levels pop up, select the line in level.

If you have a Mac, then go to system properties and then raise your external microphone/input line volume level, it should work out something like that

:chug:

Gibbon101
11-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Go to your audio properties (if you have windows, then right click the little speaker thing in the taskbar and go to Open Volume Control and then go to File>Properties). Then Click the Recording bullet and then OK. When the volume levels pop up, select the line in level.

If you have a Mac, then go to system properties and then raise your external microphone/input line volume level, it should work out something like that

:chug:
Hey cheers for the help, turned out I had a duff adaptor in the end :upset: ah well, thanks anyway ;)