PDA

View Full Version : My Demo - Knights Of The Eclipse

innerdream
11-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi all

I have posted a new song - Knights Of The Eclipse - on my soundclicks site at the link below

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/innerdreammusic.htm

Feel free to listen to the song and let me know your thoughts :)

Tonys_Theme
11-05-2004, 03:20 PM
It wasnt bad but its just not my thing i like the opening riff though

innerdream
11-05-2004, 05:16 PM
It wasnt bad but its just not my thing i like the opening riff though

Cheers for the comment :thumb: - what sort of music are you into?

Crowley5150
11-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Musically you have some good stuff going on. Nice guitar melody/harmony riffage and ideas etc. But lyrically...... its been done and became stale 15 years ago. Bands like Manowar and Running Wilds early stuff etc. Vikings, Legions, Armys, Hail The King yada yada yada..... its been done. Most power/prog metal these days talk about current issues.

Personally I think the subject matter is your biggest letdown. You hae some great guitar ideas, just need to get them happening in todays world.

innerdream
11-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Musically you have some good stuff going on. Nice guitar melody/harmony riffage and ideas etc. But lyrically...... its been done and became stale 15 years ago. Bands like Manowar and Running Wilds early stuff etc. Vikings, Legions, Armys, Hail The King yada yada yada..... its been done. Most power/prog metal these days talk about current issues.

Personally I think the subject matter is your biggest letdown. You hae some great guitar ideas, just need to get them happening in todays world.

Thanks for your thoughts :thumb: Lyrically, I see where you are coming from, but I love the whole warrior / hero's quest type thing and bringing it out in my music is very natural to me - I have done plenty of songs that deal with current affairs as well :)

Crowley5150
11-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Nah don't get me wrong. I'd never tell you "this is how it is.... now change", thats just my thoughts personally. Im a big fan of the genre, just avoided bands like Manowar who got right into that lyrical content. Go with what works for you, those were just my thoughts.

innerdream
11-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Nah don't get me wrong. I'd never tell you "this is how it is.... now change", thats just my thoughts personally. Im a big fan of the genre, just avoided bands like Manowar who got right into that lyrical content. Go with what works for you, those were just my thoughts.

Cool! :thumb: :) :thumb:

to_hell_we_ride
11-05-2004, 08:18 PM
the guitar work in the intro is a bit sloppy, but hey you might have been going for that. i liked the rest of the song, thumbs up all around around.

Chop Suey!
11-06-2004, 07:12 PM
I like the other song better. But please, get a drummer! This and the other song, call of the eldar sound good without one, but i couldnt listen to a whole cd with no drummer. but thats just me.

innerdream
11-07-2004, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the replies and the comments - they are much appreciated