PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft

DonMancini
11-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Allright Gamers! This is the room where we decide on doing starcraft games! Discuss different races, strategies and stuff. And if you wanna play games, just say so!

I'm actually quite fond of the Terrans, especially for defence against comps. It's great to have a bunker - Siege tank - missile turret defense. It's impossible to get through.

Big-Bird
11-03-2004, 03:53 PM
I think Warcraft could take on Starcraft

DonMancini
11-03-2004, 03:56 PM
I think Warcraft could take on Starcraft
Imagine a battlecruiser against one of em ugly things in warcraft. The battle cruiser would own it.

Shindazebub
11-03-2004, 04:44 PM
DonMancini is a girl.

GuitarMang
11-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Terran > Zerg and Toss though im z user. dont play any more tho..

Retrovertigo
11-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Terran is the best. Only idiots/noobs use the other ones.

GuitarMang
11-03-2004, 05:16 PM
You guys play FMP maps or LT (ladder) maps? I like both but i played more LT.

DBoons Ghost
11-03-2004, 05:20 PM
It's amazing how old this game is yet people still rave about it.

I loved it myself. Those cuddly zerg. I loved them. I hate the terrans and their stupid ghosts and nukes!

Praiz
11-03-2004, 05:35 PM
I use protoss because I'm still not very good at that game. I'd like to get better with the Zerg. I've got a user with the same name I have right now and I plan to play later tonight on either US East or US West...

I like to play BGH

GuitarMang
11-03-2004, 05:37 PM
I use to chill at channel called mix .. anyone know of it?

Syncope
11-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Protoss > everything else.

LightningCow
11-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Terran were my favorite race. How can you beat a good terran rush? their base units are range, so if you have a group of like ten or twelve at the onset of the game you can pretty much take out anything...

BoboTheRagingHobo
11-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Best strat ever :

ZERG RUSH!

GuitarMang
11-03-2004, 07:58 PM
4 drone, pool rush? ;)

crossface
11-03-2004, 08:03 PM
My favorite was Carrier with arbiter?(the flying unit that cloaks every other unit near it) rush... Crarriers are cool

Omega Red
11-03-2004, 08:05 PM
what you gotta do is in brood was, use one of your dark templar to hypnotize one of the other worker drones, and now you can build 200 of the other races. now the games is you 600 to their 200

GaryDaNoTrashCougar
11-03-2004, 08:10 PM
I normally played the nr 15 0clutter maps. My strategy for zerg was to make at least 25 hatcheries...than mass lings and hydras, all upgraded. Than I would bring some lords to enemy zergs and than make 4 or five nyduses in their base...than boom theyre dead. An alternate strategy would be maje the 25+ hatcheries and mass upgraded mutas. Once you are maxed out, hot key the groups so that they travel together...than you mass attack them to their main commandcenter/hatchery/Nexus for a nice little mineral attack. For terran, I would build at least 4 command centers and at least 25 starports. Than I would Mass with upgraded wraiths and leave some room for 3 or 4 nukes and ghosts. Once done, I would nuke their main defenses and than mineral attack their main nexus/hatchery/commandcenter with my hotkeyed wraiths. **** I loved nr 0clutter.

Luxor
11-03-2004, 09:02 PM
I used to be hopelessly addicted to SC. Then my computer crashed about a year ago and my parents didn't want me putting games on the new computer, so I stopped playing. Life was good. Then I recently started playing again. I don't play as often though, I try to limit myself or else I'll get hooked again.

JmE
11-03-2004, 09:22 PM
I own(ed) with Zerg. (I don't know if I still do, it's been awhile since I've played).
Storytime! This is my favorite experience on Starcraft...
So someone backstabbed me in a 2v6 comp game towards the end and I creamed him in turn. So he was like "OMG WTDFFGDAFGH I CHALENG U!" and so I said I'd give him a handicap and be protoss. So I start the game setting up 3-4 photon cannons at the main entrance to my base, and he rushes. Then says "OMG TOWAR NOOB U WILL DIE NOW LOLOL". Right, so I never even bothered making more cannons. Due to my excellent scouting, I saw he was just massing hydras. He had them all cuddled in the middle of the map. I started pumping out reavers like crazy (I had expanded like mad compared to his one expansion) and absolutely OWNED him. Time to go relive the greatness, although I prefer Warcraft...

Spectrum
11-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Best strat ever :

ZERG RUSH!

Zerg Rush is totally defeated by my:
PROTOSS HVY. DEF.!
strategy. I got rushed by 100+ zerg early on and wiped the floor with the remains of their arses. Then he tried a combined ground/air assault. My block of Cannons devastated the Rush and my Command Ships, with support from the Cannons, wiped out his air force.

Most annoying Zerg Rush - Scourges. Lost three Protoss Carriers to those bastards.

Wanker
11-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Protoss > all

but, zerg is the most fun, dammit.

Most annoying Zerg Rush - Scourges. Lost three Protoss Carriers to those bastards.

Nah, I'd have to say that guardians are the most annoying since they can attack from such a long distance. They mess up your cannons quickly.

Captain Jack Sparrow
11-03-2004, 09:31 PM
I play Protoss. I'm a beast with my zealot rushes, but if I get in a bind I bring in the carriers and it's game over. :cool:

Spectrum
11-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I was attacking Sam (the one who got beat up in both of the Zerg Rushes) and going for his main town with several Reavers and three Carriers. The Reavers were working on anti-air as the Carriers blasted at buildings. Then, all of a sudden, a massive swarm of Scourges slams into my Carriers, destroying all of them. As consolation, his air force was decimated as well in that attack. My Reavers continued to shell the town, but fell under attack and pulled back into the transports.

I forgot about Gaurdians. Those things were so .

Zealot rushes are fun. I like Dragoon waves as well, so I can break their back as they charge.

One of the best easter eggs of Starcraft, in fact all Blizzard games, is clicking on characters too much. The Observer, with enough clicking, will recall this clip from it's memory:
"That's one.. small.. step... for man.... and one giant - STOP POKING ME!!!"
One of the Terran units yells:
"I don't have time to BEEP around!"
And others call you retards and stuff.

I love Blizzard.

PoisonParadox
11-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Hmmmm... I kinda feel like reinstalling this game.

AmericanWeiner
11-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I was attacking Sam (the one who got beat up in both of the Zerg Rushes) and going for his main town with several Reavers and three Carriers. The Reavers were working on anti-air as the Carriers blasted at buildings. Then, all of a sudden, a massive swarm of Scourges slams into my Carriers, destroying all of them. As consolation, his air force was decimated as well in that attack. My Reavers continued to shell the town, but fell under attack and pulled back into the transports.

I forgot about Gaurdians. Those things were so .

Zealot rushes are fun. I like Dragoon waves as well, so I can break their back as they charge.

One of the best easter eggs of Starcraft, in fact all Blizzard games, is clicking on characters too much. The Observer, with enough clicking, will recall this clip from it's memory:
"That's one.. small.. step... for man.... and one giant - STOP POKING ME!!!"
One of the Terran units yells:
"I don't have time to BEEP around!"
And others call you retards and stuff.

I love Blizzard.

^.^ Where's me drink?

Spectrum
11-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Good times, good times. LAN parties.

ledfloyd_fan
11-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh man, I was way to addicted to that game last year... I usually played the Use Map Settings games though, although a regular match was fun from time to time...
*has a sudden urge to play that game again*

MattSharpIsCool
11-03-2004, 10:48 PM
I used to be hopelessly addicted to SC. Then my computer crashed about a year ago and my parents didn't want me putting games on the new computer, so I stopped playing. Life was good. Then I recently started playing again. I don't play as often though, I try to limit myself or else I'll get hooked again.

We need to play sometime. I have you on my friends list.

I always play Terran, I cant play as the others.

I like the Marines+Medics tactic. It usually works pretty well. Throw in a Valkyrie or two for air cover, and you can take on anything.

CarnageFairy
11-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Terran > Zerg and Toss though im z user. dont play any more tho..

Zerg > Terran > Protoss

I dunno. With protoss there always seemed to be too much...I dunno...strategy involved.

Captain Jack Sparrow
11-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Zerg > Terran > Protoss

I dunno. With protoss there always seemed to be too much...I dunno...strategy involved.

I find Protoss to be far easier than any other race in regards to how it's used. If you want a good rushing offense, then warp in some gateways and probes and start mass producing zealots and dragoons. If you want a sturdy offense that can take on land and air without having to produce multiple types of units, then work fast, build fast, kick out a templar archive, and start kicking out Archons. Everything with Toss is simple, yet very powerful. They've got the strongest offensive ability out of all the races.

Spectrum
11-04-2004, 09:41 AM
I find Protoss to be far easier than any other race in regards to how it's used. If you want a good rushing offense, then warp in some gateways and probes and start mass producing zealots and dragoons. If you want a sturdy offense that can take on land and air without having to produce multiple types of units, then work fast, build fast, kick out a templar archive, and start kicking out Archons. Everything with Toss is simple, yet very powerful. They've got the strongest offensive ability out of all the races.

That's a great analysis of the effective use of the Protoss.

DID EVERYBODY CATCH THAT?

Another great way to start them up is to use their defensive advantage - they have a single defensive cannon for both ground and air. Stock your base up with Cannons and you can hold off anything they throw at you for quite a while. (Has already explained this strategy, but really likes it)

DonMancini
11-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Sorry, but archons can get destroyed SO easily, especially by the terrans. One little EMP shockwave, and their energy is reduced to 10. It takes one second to destroy them after that, and bye bye archons.

bassaholica2004
12-13-2004, 09:39 PM
I just started playing this game again, and man I love it. Also, this game has the best music I have ever heard for a game.

Anyone know any good builds for Zerg? I was thinking send the first 4 drones to minerals, make another drone, send him to mineral, then make another drone, and send him to get the gas. Then make another, and make him a Spawning Pool. Start pumping out Zerglings for a while, then after you think you have a good defense for a rush, start teching. Make a backbone of Hyrdalisks, and then move onto either teching your land units, or start making some air units- ultralisk as the backbone- and then tech.

Sound like a good plan? I haven't tested it out yet, as I've been playing Protoss mostly.

Killtacular
12-13-2004, 10:09 PM
I used to play StarCraft, but lately my friend wanted it back, so no more for me. I never was any good at it, though.

StarCraft is one of the greatest games ever.

infeef
12-13-2004, 10:35 PM
indeed an awesome game, i liked it better before the cool thing to do was not attack until everyone had max units. its fun a few times but then it just gets boring. iv started playing it again recently and am remember that the terrans are the best.

ZeBo
12-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Terran is the best. Only idiots/noobs use the other ones.

terran are the best in the game its just that one group has its advantages and disadvantages twords others. for instance terran is great against the zerg but sucky against the protoss. and protoss is good against the terran and not so good against the zerg( only because the melee soldiers hit slow and if teh zerg have their melee fighters outnumber it by at least 4, which they will, the protoss will lose). but overall i would say the terran are the best because there bases can fly away. the best troop though is the goliath because he can shoot at the ground and also shoot at ships at the same time! thats great.

ZeBo
12-14-2004, 10:51 AM

i agree its just that all of there things like the zealot cost to much for a noob to use. but protoss are great.... if you can master them which im sure you have.

The Musician
12-14-2004, 01:07 PM
I want to play...but it says my internet connection os too poor. :( If you've heard of cK)Zenith...well he hacks.

The Musician
12-14-2004, 01:09 PM
terran are the best in the game its just that one group has its advantages and disadvantages twords others. for instance terran is great against the zerg but sucky against the protoss. and protoss is good against the terran and not so good against the zerg( only because the melee soldiers hit slow and if teh zerg have their melee fighters outnumber it by at least 4, which they will, the protoss will lose). but overall i would say the terran are the best because there bases can fly away. the best troop though is the goliath because he can shoot at the ground and also shoot at ships at the same time! thats great.
Terran is the best, except they are WAY too much work. You have to constantly keep building and it never ends. Zerg is the mindless race that you just mass guys. Same with toss, +cannons.

ZeBo
12-15-2004, 10:26 AM
well yea terran is hard work but the best once you get good. the zerg i think are more for begginers and protoss are for the experts( even though terran are better).

Turkish
12-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Easy strat. with zerg

12 Overlords
6 Lurkers

Load up the lurkers on the Overlords, build some other units and rush the front. While they are distracted from fending off the attack, flank them with overlords and drop the lurkers near their Hive/Command Center/Nexus.

I got owned so many times by that strategy. :upset:

Damrod
12-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Starcraft with Warcraft3 Graphics Engine, that would be the bomb :thumb:

I always liked to play Protoss, as stated above: "For the pure feeling of power when 12 carriers wipe out a base alone". :) But all races have their great aspects and cool strategies. It's in the end pure personal preference.

SenorPantalones
12-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Best strat ever :

ZERG RUSH!

:thumb: hehe

Starcraft was fun, I think I enjoyed Warcraft more though, they both had great easter eggs though (I think that's what they're called). Warcraft had better music, Starcraft's was too atmospheric, Warcraft had more catchy songs, like the orc song for the first Warcraft, haha. I remember in the bonus campaigns on the original (not Brood War) they had this level that started with like. . . three or 4 nuclear strikes all on your base, it was soooo terrifying;
"Nuclea. . .nuclear str. .. nuclear strike detected!"
ME: OH ****! :tries to boost structures and fly them away:

I'm still confused regarding Starcraft: Ghost, what are the details on it? Because that game looked really cool, and I heard a rumor that it was being discontinued, or something like that.

bassaholica2004
12-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Is there any way to avoid or stop a nuclear attack? Also, how do you make them? I've never really been the Terrans.

DonMancini
12-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Is there any way to avoid or stop a nuclear attack? Also, how do you make them? I've never really been the Terrans.
To stop one? Try to find and kill the cloaked ghost before the bomb appears over your base. One trick to find him is to look for a little red point, which indicates where he's aiming, which also indicates that he is nearby.

bassaholica2004
12-15-2004, 09:13 PM
To stop one? Try to find and kill the cloaked ghost before the bomb appears over your base. One trick to find him is to look for a little red point, which indicates where he's aiming, which also indicates that he is nearby.

Oh, I always though a building made a nuke. :amaze: So if you kill the ghost before the bomb hits you, it won't hit you?

DonMancini
12-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Oh, I always though a building made a nuke. :amaze: So if you kill the ghost before the bomb hits you, it won't hit you?
OH sorry, I didn't answer your previous question completely :p To build a nuke, you need a command center with attached nuclear silo. Then it takes time to build (about 5 minutes). Once this is done, you need a ghost to be able to deliver this nuke.

And yeah the only way to stop it is to kill the ghost before it appears over your base. If you kill the ghost but it already appeared, it's too late and it will fall and hit your buildings.

Strategy tip: When attacking, a good idea is to blow up supply depot masses with the bomb, which is a good way to start an attack as it destroys all immediate possibility of your enemy rebuilding an army. If you shoot it at the command center, as you might be tempted to do, it won't destroy it completely.**

bassaholica2004
12-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Oh, OK. I get it now. When I was playing Terran, they kept nuking my missle launchers, then my supply depots, they the attacked. And.... I lost. Bad. :upset:

Wiggles
12-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Zerg are king and you all know it. If you get enough mutalisks everyone's fuccked. Especially if you upgrade them to guardian aspects cause then no defence can reach you whilst you can bomb them to fucck.

But I still love getting 8 terran dropships, filling them with marines and landing them in an enemy base. It can be costly on entry but once they unload everyone not terran is dead. This was made easier with brood wars, one medic for every 7 marines and they were practically invincible.