PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in Jamming online?

metal martian
10-31-2004, 09:19 PM
I was wondering if anyone wants to have a jam via an audio link...this can easily be done with msn messenger.

*The only problem (rather ironic) is that msn on my computer is really screwed, and despite my efforts i havn't been able to find another msn compatible chat client that has an audio link...If anyone could help me out that would be great.
Im currently using gaim.

I did however find a program (ill get the link if anyone is interested) that should be ok for the meantime. Its just a simple audio link.

Despite that, if anyone is still interested pm me for details.

all the best

Rats
10-31-2004, 09:45 PM
check out ventrilo, its nice and free and the sound quality is OK. however there isn't a central server for it so someone will need to run a server

Rats
10-31-2004, 09:47 PM
one of the main problems with jamming online though is the lag. for example i'm in cali and if im jammin with someone over in the UK we are always like a 1/16 note off. so usually we just go into our own solos and drown out the other guy =D

metal martian
11-01-2004, 01:09 AM
thanks, I'll check out ventrilo...

Even if jamming online does mean trying to outdo each other with solos should still be a bit of fun...;), but yeah, Im in Australia so jamming together is probably a no no.

CDquality
12-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey i have been looking for a way to get a jam session going and i have finally decided to get a ventrilo server for a jamm session. I have set up a web site with instructions on how to get everything you need to get started.

I will publish this part called "Jamm Session" when it is ready.
I have heard that a good server for ventrilo is "Type Frag".

Remember my web site is not finished and im new at this site building thing.
You can rag the crap out of me and give me pointers on what i need and where to get the stuff. You cant hurt my feelings unless you call me late for dinner.:chug:

my site is www.yourwebtown.com

Remember that jamm session room is not published yet.

Hey, let me know what I might need to improve the jamm session like do people need any special equipment on there computer to help , Ive heard that a good sound card and preamp make the experience better.

Also Type Frag will allow me to set the quality of the sound to CD quality

Any help would be appreciated.

Bluestrat
12-15-2006, 08:27 PM
ninjam.com
its fun
ive gotten some good jam sessions, well... that was months ago, but its probably still got good musicians on there. you just gotta be there when theres other musicians there... for me, that always seems to be during the daytime.

Shady Ultima
12-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow, that's a huge kick...

daddy/ben
12-17-2006, 10:14 PM
hey I got an Idea, why not put up some drum tracks, mp3 style. next guy can download this, then he adds bass or keys, then he uploads to a place like soundclick, next guy downloads and maybe puts on some guitar, then uploads and so forth, that way we all can put in our 2 cents. what ya think eh....