PDA

View Full Version : need help with singing : first gig

guitarist532
10-31-2004, 11:43 AM
Ok, well in 3 weeks I have my first show, and I'm gonna be doing a guitar solo and singing. I have never sang infront of a audience before, never used a microphone, never even played infront of a audience LOL. So as you can guess im a little nervous, I dont want to make mistakes that most newbs make while performing there first time, my parents will be there , also some friends. Been working on this song for awhile , think I got it down and think I sound good, but many a time have I heard someone sing or play , and think they sound good... and really they sucked the life out of the show. So if any of you have any singing/performing tips would be greatly appreciated!

Joe_Pettibone
10-31-2004, 12:10 PM
in these next three weeks I suggest you do some simulated gigs.. maybe with a small group of friends.. and practice singing into a mic cause you're going to need to know your own personal optimum spacing between you and the mic for the style and volume of singing.

Merkaba
10-31-2004, 03:28 PM
Relax and hold a certain bit of "Look at what i can do" at the front of your mind. It helps with confidence. So many people wanna be able to do what youre about to do but they have so many excuses that they cant even begin. Plus it will help you relax.

The one thing that will affect you the most is your own mind making you tense. if you tense your throat up it will be harder as far as singing goes and then you move into overthinking. If something doesnt go as you plan, remember first to relax and let go and let your throat drop and relax. Im not a guitar pro so i cant really tell you much on that. but you know if you rehearse enough and got it down then youre ready. Just be happy that youre able to do it and it will help to relax you and give you confidence.

guitarist532
11-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks , great advice both of you. :) I will try the simulated gigs , and try to stay calm and confident !

Merkaba
11-02-2004, 05:19 AM
IN the words of Yoda...."There is no try...Do or do not"

play well you will...hmmm....get applause you shall....

guitarist532
11-06-2004, 05:50 PM
IN the words of Yoda...."There is no try...Do or do not"

play well you will...hmmm....get applause you shall....

haha , thanks alot man :)