PDA

View Full Version : My first song (its not quite ready)

Nick13's The Best!!!
10-27-2004, 02:36 AM
okay, i dont have my song right now. but its at my friends house all i can tell you is its not some hardcore/screamo/emo/metal/punk song about killing, falling, cutting, knives, razorblades, needles, mascara, bleeding, or anything of the sort. its more of i'm pissed off at my parents for sending me to a ****y a** school, and making me leave my friends. i'll get it tomorrow hopefully.
i might have to take over vocals in my band b/c our "singer" might not be able to sing (we haven't heard him yet) and he's our really good friend, so we don't want to hurt his feelings. but i know for a fact that i can sing a tune or two. well i'll need some help thinking of some words to put at the start of some lines, and a name. looking forward to your criticism. :)

Merkaba
10-27-2004, 02:51 AM
:lol:

Dont get too headstrong yet....one could easily throw "parents sending me to a shitty ass school" in with all those other topics you were poking fun at.

Nick13's The Best!!!
10-28-2004, 12:43 AM
Not exactly, what I meant was none of this screamo/hardcore/whatever stuff that's all over the place. Example: most any band that is called: _______ and ______, or ______ for _______, From ________ to _______, or has an album called: Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses etc. It's not like that, I've seen a lot of songs written with the whole gloomy, straight-edge, hardcore, metal/punk/emo/screamo/post-hardcore scene incorporated in them. The S&L forum is full of them, Sharp Fangs and Burning Eyes, Bled Dry, Drowning Letters, Shotgun Pulse etc. I think i've proved my point. Just for the record, i don't hate the screamo/emo thing that's going on but as Nick 13 said," I don't think this type of music (screamo/hardcore/straightedge) is good for the kids out there." <---it's not word for word but i think it's close.

metaliq
10-28-2004, 01:04 AM
What was the point of this thread? To tell us you have a possible band?

Um... okay?

Nick13's The Best!!!
10-28-2004, 01:01 PM
No, it was to let you know that i have a song and hold a place for it. It's basically the background on what the song is like, and what might happen in my band.

idontcarewhatyouthink
11-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Not exactly, what I meant was none of this screamo/hardcore/whatever stuff that's all over the place. Example: most any band that is called: _______ and ______, or ______ for _______, From ________ to _______, or has an album called: Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses etc. It's not like that, I've seen a lot of songs written with the whole gloomy, straight-edge, hardcore, metal/punk/emo/screamo/post-hardcore scene incorporated in them. The S&L forum is full of them, Sharp Fangs and Burning Eyes, Bled Dry, Drowning Letters, Shotgun Pulse etc. I think i've proved my point. Just for the record, i don't hate the screamo/emo thing that's going on but as Nick 13 said," I don't think this type of music (screamo/hardcore/straightedge) is good for the kids out there." <---it's not word for word but i think it's close.

Is my song really like that? Thats not how i wanted it to be.

metaliq
11-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Yea... this is a pointless thread I have decided. If you were reserving the space for the song, you should have used it? Anyway, i feel like posting today so thats what im doing.

Nick13's The Best!!!
11-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Is my song really like that? Thats not how i wanted it to be.

I'm sorry, I really generalized all of that stuff into one definition. That's how I look at it though.

idontcarewhatyouthink
11-02-2004, 06:59 PM
yea i can kind of see what you mean though