PDA

View Full Version : For the Mathematics :: The New Science

Fish the Dish
10-26-2004, 11:21 PM
For the Mathematics is a five-piece rock band from Ottawa, Ontario. FTM blends elements of post-punk, psychedelia and math rock with spastic Latin rhythms and a frantic live show, crafting a daring and energetic sound.
For the Mathematics has recently emerged from Bova Sound, where they recorded their début EP, “The New Science.” This EP certainly stands out in the world of modern rock; in an effort to achieve a distinct, organic sound, the band recorded all bed tracks onto a sixteen track tape machine. In fact, the same machine was used at New York City’s Columbia studios throughout the late sixties.

Check out MP3's!
www.purevolume.com/forthemathematics
www.forthemathematics.com

peber
10-27-2004, 07:36 AM
sounds good, but i want more :)

Kupo
10-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Pretty nice stuff. I absolutely love the singer. Reminds me of a mix of Matt Bellamy (Muse) and Jimmy (Mindless Self Indulgence).

Psychonaut
10-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Link no workage

Fish the Dish
10-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words. The EP should be for sale on the site in a few months (cheap!). Oh, and in about three weeks "Unter Irehm Sitz" (track 3 on the Ep) will be on pure volume. Sorry about the link... probably just a problem with the server...

Clayton Fisher

Just Like That
10-29-2004, 08:45 PM
I adore it. Absolutely adore it. It reminds me of a band I once heard at a local show, and I went out and bought their CD while they were still playing for fear of them being sold out by the time it was over.