PDA

View Full Version : This Way Up - Proper Rock Music.

EfilsGod
10-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Hey, I would be very greatful if you would take the time to listen to our songs
"Bring it on Down" and "Signs" at the following location

http://twu.dmusic.com

Feedback (of any kind) would be appreciated :thumb:

chris184
10-25-2004, 03:45 PM
wow man, thats really gud :wave:

EfilsGod
10-26-2004, 02:57 AM
Thanks, no-one seems to want to put any comments down though.

Nightmare7568993
10-26-2004, 04:28 AM
**** man thats amazing, how long you been playing

Jon_mase
10-26-2004, 09:09 AM
ure vocalist does remind me in places of liam gallagher. Bring it on down???? thats already the name of an oasis song. but i like it its good, the timings out in places , but thats to be expected if u recorded it live.

erif
10-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Pretty good, you guys have talent.

Crowley5150
10-27-2004, 11:46 PM
Bring It On Down - Once the whole band kicked in I really liked it. During the clean, soft start, kinda had my mind wandering a little. Could be a little spiced up. Maybe a little something with the vocal melody, or even a sweet harmony in there.... But overall I like the song. Goes for a while tho. Radio would hate it :)

Signs - Love the intro. really grabbed my attention, perfect tempo. Love the bass line too...... Reminds me of a Sympathy For The Devil '04. Don't know about the vocals towards the end. Sound a little strained and not suiting the song.

Just my thoughts.

EfilsGod
10-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks everyone, good feedback. I know there's already an Oasis song called Bring It on Down, but it ain't a very good one so thats ok ;)
Also true about the vocals at the end, I cocked it up slightly but then again it was live................

RushHourSoul
10-28-2004, 02:50 PM
Your singing also reminds me of Liam Gallagher. I really like Bring it on down. Its got really nice chords at the start and generally a good song.

Signs is pretty good. The timing is a bit off in the intro in one place but the rest of it is good

EfilsGod
10-29-2004, 06:38 AM
Are all you guys who say i sound like Liam Gallager Americans or non-English? cos I have a completely different accent to him. I'm not angry - its a compliment but it seems kinda wierd to me, I was wondering if its cos all english accents sound the same to you?

randombuilding4
10-29-2004, 07:40 AM
sounds like my kind of thing, f*cking loving it.

randombuilding4
10-29-2004, 07:42 AM
you don't sound like liam gallagher, but there is a very slight whisper on your voice that i supppose could sound a little like him at times...

EfilsGod
10-30-2004, 08:54 AM
you don't sound like liam gallagher, but there is a very slight whisper on your voice that i supppose could sound a little like him at times...

Fair enough

guitar_flamer
10-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Wow that was awsome....
I would like to say that the first song was maybe too long....you should reduce that song to about 4 minutes maybe because it gets a little repetitive a the ends even if it's excellent music. The second think i would like to say is that the solos are great with the clean tone at the begining. When comes the distortion the solo is still good but youre guitarist seemed to improvise a little and that makes it a little repetitive too. However id like to tell you that youve got great potentiel for a 2-years-old band, it's propably the bests songs ive heard here.

shortass
10-31-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm loving bring it on down!

EfilsGod
11-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Yea the first solo was actually almost entirely improvised it'd be better if you heard us live now. Quite a few people have mentioned the length of it as well, but the rest of the band and I all like it like that so I don't really want to change it much.

EfilsGod
11-03-2004, 01:51 PM
hahahahaha

Skinfish
11-03-2004, 03:24 PM
ill start with bring it on down, i was bored for the first half of the tune whitch made me loose intrest in the remaining half, its got potential but needs somthing to grab you early doors

i liked signs, kinda stone roses meets u2 id say

keep up the good work :thumb:

oh, and the you? (the singer) sounds nothing like liam gallagher, what are theese people on

DekWannaBFlea
11-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Wow, very good , i like your stuff but some suggestions......

1. Work on timing, on burn it down it was a little off.

2. Cut your song length as mentioned before.

3.i heard some harmonies once in awhile, go with it more, i think you can it off.

4. Lyrics are too repetative. That goes with cutting the song length.

Wow do you guys have a cd? YOu are good for a 2 year old band. Bass lines are great, you hear them! Guitarist is good, but i think the bassist is better, play with that! Drumming is solid. The vocals are great most of the time, just work on lyrics.

Keep up the good work.

EfilsGod
11-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Ok we may have to think about making it shorter although i don;t really see why - just cos all you guys obviously listen to minute punk songs or some ****, doesn't mean that no songs can build up or be any longer than 4 mins. Plus the timing wasn;t off in bring it on down. (I'm not offended or anything i just have a problem with people wanting songs to be so short)

guitar_flamer
11-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Ok we may have to think about making it shorter although i don;t really see why - just cos all you guys obviously listen to minute punk songs or some ****, doesn't mean that no songs can build up or be any longer than 4 mins. Plus the timing wasn;t off in bring it on down. (I'm not offended or anything i just have a problem with people wanting songs to be so short)

I don't have any problem with longer songs, but it got to be really captivating so people don't think it's repetitive or boring. I don't think your song is boring, I juste think you should work it in a way to make it less identical all track long. And if you think we are juste some little punk music listener that only like shot songs, well...your wrong. WE are the one who listen to your songs and...correct me if I'm worng, your definitely not a superstar in a popular band. So that's why you should listen to our tips and use them to improve the quality of your songs.

RIPJoeStrummer
11-24-2004, 09:10 PM
I quite liked the backing vocals in bring it on down, nice touch.

SirStabAlot
11-24-2004, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't change a thing
bring it on down would be a good closing song,
i like how it floats on until the end.
keep the length

ESP47
11-24-2004, 10:26 PM

Because you dont have enough stuff in the song to drag it on that long. It gets repetitive after the solo.

DekWannaBFlea
11-25-2004, 02:39 AM

Yeah you're right the timing wasn't off, but the solos seem sloppy but thats because you are improving. I am not trying to blast you or anything the song was good.

kidmercury
11-25-2004, 07:08 AM
i actually love the solos, whoever's the guitarist doing them is awesome, in my opinion. i think the song could sound a lot better if it was mixed differently? maybe more reverb added to the vocals, chorus added to the instrumentation.

Nightvision
11-25-2004, 08:32 AM

That's the sort of comment that gets backs up, and therefore loses you potential fans. You're not famous, so don't be arrogant. If you ask for opinions, don't get pissy when you don't agree with the ones you get.
These people said that they liked the song, but thought it was too long, which I agree with. (and my favourite song ever is a 9-minute Piano ballad, so don't accuse me of one-minute punk stuff... :)) If you want the song to be at it's best, and to have the biggest appeal possible, you have to cut the length. It doesn't matter how much you and your band like it - you aren't going to buy the singles/albums. You have to accommodate for the listener - they're the ones that count.