PDA

View Full Version : A Promising Year - Demo's For E.P.

apromisingyear
10-25-2004, 01:00 AM
A Promising Year - Pop-punk/emo band from Northern California.

Listen to our song "Photographs In Black And White"
that song is an acoustic song that we are fooling around with for our acoustic e.p.

Also listen to "I Hope It's Not Too Late"
Lyrics and bass for that song soon. Also I do know that the drums are too
loud and the guitar is too quiet.

Let me know what you think...If you like us enough would you please join our yahoo group @: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/apromisingyear/

To Hear the music go to: www.purevolume.com/apromisingyear/

chris184
10-25-2004, 03:18 AM
first of all, i dont think ur link works, but i typed it in at the top instead.
in the intro of the first song i think the drums r a bit out of time with the guitar, and in the acoustic one the singing goes a bit out of tune...

EfilsGod
10-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Singing is well out on "black and white" and its a pretty average song. Timing is out on the begining of "I hope its not too late" in fact all the way through you need to practice more to get tighter, the mix is completely wrong and i didn't really like the song, but NM eh? Don't give it up.
Also
Quote: "Insanely melodic, complex in timing drum
rhythms and fills supplied by Jacob West" was written in your description. Can you explain to me how drums are melodic please? Really could have been more elequently put.

mysummerconspiracyguitarist
10-25-2004, 04:24 PM
the high hat is way off time, and doesnt match the song "I hope its not too late", but the second song is ok, cool guitar at the beginning, but the singer is flat, and sorta "has no life" if u know what i mean, lol. well, i am in a band, and we sucked when we started...just practice!!