PDA

View Full Version : check out my new band

redrumsixsix6
10-24-2004, 07:13 PM
my new band is called a lesser evil.
we just did some rough recordings so check us out at http://myspace.com/alesserevil

we havent got our pv account aproved yet (haha they take so long)

EfilsGod
10-25-2004, 05:50 AM
Smells Like teen Spirit -
Way to kill a song. I've never heard smells like teen spirit sounding so dead. You need to inject some life and energy into your playing. Guitar is too quiet drums too loud. I'm not sure about the singer, but your quite tight as a band. Keep working on it. 1 last bit of advice - don't try to cover nirvana no-one can do it.

Push Me -
I prefer this one, you play it well, with the right "vibe". despite this i am still concerned about your singer. Maybe find a new one he can't do the high notes BUT i am the singer in my band and i used to be really bad (worse than your's) and i have worked at it and I'm much better now.

chris184
10-25-2004, 06:37 AM
well its okay, but the singing isnt great(sry). the music is alright, and EfilsGod is right, u did kill Smells like teen spirit. i didnt like the song b4 but now i h8 it. the second song is alright.

DeathAngel
10-25-2004, 02:11 PM
singer sucks and the bass definitely sucks in Teen Spirit. whoever is playing bass is not even playing the verses right..

IwantAcookie
10-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Smells like teen spirit sucked like a cheap whore

Singer sucked as well.

redrumsixsix6
10-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Smells like teen spirit sucked like a cheap whore

Singer sucked as well.

sorry that u thought that
we r working on possibly getting asinger but there hard 2 find.
we r tru=ying 2 get the drums lower on the recording 2.

mysummerconspiracyguitarist
10-25-2004, 04:15 PM
the singers voice is flat, and yeah, singers are really hards to find (good ones). How long have u all been playing. the drums dont really sound that great either.

redrumsixsix6
10-25-2004, 08:54 PM
the singers voice is flat, and yeah, singers are really hards to find (good ones). How long have u all been playing. the drums dont really sound that great either. co

he is one of the best drumers ive ever heard 4 being 15!
the drums came ou t a bit 2 loud that could be the reson

redrumsixsix6
10-26-2004, 03:34 PM
the singers voice is flat, and yeah, singers are really hards to find (good ones). How long have u all been playing. the drums dont really sound that great either.

o yeah, i am the uitarist ive been playing 4 about 7 months, the drummer has been playing 4 like 5 years and the bassist has only been plating 4 like 3 onths but hes a fast learner

thisboringday
10-26-2004, 10:06 PM
needs alot of work, didn't really care for it. like others have said, use more energy. hard work is the best way to get better when it comes to music. keep practicing, and listen to bands you like for influences and try to do some of the things you find interesting about thier songs.

redrumsixsix6
10-27-2004, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=thisboringday]needs alot of work, didn't really care for it. like others have said, use more energy. hard work is the best way to get better when it comes to music. keep practicing, and listen to bands you like for influences and try to do some of the things you find interesting about thier songs.[/QUOT

thanks 4 the advice, we will deffinantly put more energy into our playing. (i dont think well be ding anymore covers of niravan tho. haha)