PDA

View Full Version : idea from hell?

GuitarDude570b
10-19-2004, 09:38 PM
ok, i was working on this awhile ago and i really wanted to finish it completely before posting, but i dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon and heres what i have so far, i really like this one, it has this long *** ****ed up ambient intro thing and then it starts up so be patient, ill probably have some interesting talking vocals or samples over the intro as well, but yea, also i recorded the solo at a different time so the tone doesnt really fit the mix, please lemme know what you think and feel free to give suggestions about anything

linky (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/guitardude570music.htm)

opiate4themasses
10-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Intro was cool and trippy, but seemed unessecary. When the song started, it just did, it seemed like something seperate, like it had nothing to do with the intro. Overall tho, it was pretty nice and spooky. Good song for Halloween :thumb: .

Pleased to review mine. Its somewhere in the audio arena

AmericanWeiner
10-19-2004, 10:18 PM
The beetlejuice song kicked ***.

GuitarDude570b
10-19-2004, 10:23 PM
yea, i always thought of the intro more as like an opener for an entire cd, i think it would fit better in that context

GuitarComet
10-20-2004, 05:17 AM
Guitardude, you & I both know, you're a world class player.
You shread! Hands Down!

But your intro was not to impressive.
I'm sure if you had the keyboard I have (Alesis QS 6.1 + multiple soundcards) you might do some of the cool stuff I've done.
But, you're obviously limited.
As much talent as you have...well, you know.
I'll create another Soundclick account and post some junk I did with my keyboard & guitar. Soundtrack stuff.
You might like it!
Gimmie a day...I'll have it posted.

Turnips
10-20-2004, 08:54 AM
So professional! Great work, did you play each instrument yourself?
I agree, the intro is way too long and the solo sounds a tad out of place.
Other than that, ace! :thumb:

GuitarDude570b
10-23-2004, 02:21 PM
i only played the guitars really besides some keyboard stuff, the drums and bass were midi again as usual

spongebath01
10-23-2004, 03:20 PM
I dig the intro... some of the drums don't quite fit, but its got a very Floydish feel to it.

spongebath01
10-23-2004, 03:22 PM
I do like the rest of it very much...

Could be the time sig., but not all of it seems to be in time.

Your an amazingly clean player and if you keep up the good work, you should get far!

GuitarDude570b
10-23-2004, 04:27 PM
yea, i threw in some odd meters and broke up the measures in different ways, i love doin that stuff, i didnt do it too much tho