PDA

View Full Version : El microphon

PsychoticSouls
10-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Can any recomend me a microphone + can it be used i a guitar amp?

cashay350
10-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Don't run a mic through your amp. It will mess it up. I'm fairly sure. as for mics. you can get professional ones, but those 3 for 20 dollar Nady mics work fine.

owenbassist
10-18-2004, 10:36 PM
hmm...i've run a microphone through a guitar amp or a bass amp quite a lot, and i havn't had any problems.

The Spliggity Splot
10-19-2004, 03:04 PM
it messes up the mic or the amp? or the recording quility?

diesel
10-21-2004, 09:54 AM
If you run a mic through an amp, it will sound just fine at first, but over time it will slowly destroy your amp. The set of frequencies with the human voice is much different than that of a guitar.

White Rider
10-21-2004, 09:55 PM
If you run a mic through an amp, it will sound just fine at first, but over time it will slowly destroy your amp. The set of frequencies with the human voice is much different than that of a guitar.

Destroy the amp or the speaker? While certainly the voice and and guitar have different TYPES of waves, both have similar frequencies- indeed the vox has to compete with the guitar.

I'm no expert, but the whole argument with playing vox thru a guitar and and bass thru a gtar amp or gtar thru a bass amp or any combination of the above- i think its all OK as long as its not TOO LOUD. Certainly vocal pops can destroy a gtar amp at full volume etc etc.

But like i said, im no expert.

Shady Ultima
10-21-2004, 10:12 PM
SM 58 are good, and if you use a bass amp it's a lot better, due to the bass amp's much larger possible range. If you must use an amp, the best amp to use is a Key board amp, due to the keyboards huge range. Try to save for a cheap sound board and a moniter. It'll cost you, but it'll be worth it in the end.

cashay350
10-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Destroy the amp or the speaker? While certainly the voice and and guitar have different TYPES of waves, both have similar frequencies- indeed the vox has to compete with the guitar.

I'm no expert, but the whole argument with playing vox thru a guitar and and bass thru a gtar amp or gtar thru a bass amp or any combination of the above- i think its all OK as long as its not TOO LOUD. Certainly vocal pops can destroy a gtar amp at full volume etc etc.

But like i said, im no expert.

All I know is I've seen a mic ruin a guitar amp. And I've seen a bass ruin a guitar amp. And thats enough proof for me.