PDA

View Full Version : Mad Bass Playing Skills(or is it?)

Grave Base
10-13-2004, 06:07 PM
alright well these recordings arent good because im just using a normal comp/gaming mic and setting it on top of a plastic globe of the world which sits next to my low profile amp..........but that's not much of an excuse for the player.......critique away

http://graveslicks.cjb.net

click on any of the links but i recommend the solo derived from the penatonic(not really), the Bass Slap w/extra, Marcus Miller thing, and the One transcribed onto bass

please leave something constructive, dont be like that prince dude and just say that i suck because that doesnt help me :evil:

btw(this site is not a complete show of my amazing HTML skills, seeing as how i made it in 5 minutes.......no complaints) :thumb:
(pictures on site are not me, its Pig Benis from Mushroomhead)

billtus
10-14-2004, 07:50 AM
allright, i think it sounds good for a gaming mic, i'm a bass player and have been playing for a few years, how long have you been playing for? now i'm going to try and record some stuff, but my soundcard distorts easilly so i can't post it :(

PrinceRocksMeBollox
10-14-2004, 03:24 PM
I fail to see your motivation for erroneously plucking the bass strings and recording them in 30 second segments. Licks the mayonaisse off a horses dobber.

Grave Base
10-14-2004, 03:57 PM
I fail to see your motivation for erroneously plucking the bass strings and recording them in 30 second segments. Licks the mayonaisse off a horses dobber.
my motivation.........that would be boredom.....and since im using a free program that comes with windows called Sound Recorder that can only record 60 sec segments.......i plan on keeping it short.....

as for your remarkable insult, good sir, i must retort; you are a flaming incompetent ouf for whom only the most intellectually challenged would listen.......good day sir! :cool:

Grave Base
10-14-2004, 03:59 PM
allright, i think it sounds good for a gaming mic, i'm a bass player and have been playing for a few years, how long have you been playing for? now i'm going to try and record some stuff, but my soundcard distorts easilly so i can't post it :(
a little over a year sounds about right

and my soundcard is currently crapped out due to my father installing the sp2 patch which, in turn, uninstalled the drivers....and because my father is a bit of an ***, he wont reinstall it until microsoft calls back...which will be....NEVER! :angry:

ShadowBassist
10-14-2004, 05:04 PM
your slapping seems pretty cool, you're probably better at slapping than me... although slapping better than me isnt partciularly hard... anyways, good stuff, keep it up and record some more :)

GuitarDude570b
10-14-2004, 08:53 PM
.....and since im using a free program that comes with windows called Sound Recorder that can only record 60 sec segments.......i plan on keeping it short.....

actually you can record as long as you like, just record a lil bit, then keep decreasing the speed, each time it will double in length, keep doin it until you have enough time, then record over it :D

Grave Base
10-15-2004, 02:27 PM
actually you can record as long as you like, just record a lil bit, then keep decreasing the speed, each time it will double in length, keep doin it until you have enough time, then record over it :D
:D thanks

Phatmullet11
10-18-2004, 07:20 PM
This may be alittle mean but since I hang out with a whole bunch of bassists, I think that all of those recordings sucked... sorry

Grave Base
10-19-2004, 02:34 PM
This may be alittle mean but since I hang out with a whole bunch of bassists, I think that all of those recordings sucked... sorry
oh...oh yea....well.........well.........YOU CANT COME TO MY BIRTHDAY!!!! :evil:

nah....but anyhow.....ya they arent that good but you have to remember i recorded these with....not the greatest.......equipment :lol:

Phatmullet11
10-19-2004, 09:47 PM
wasnt the equipment...i could here it. It just didnt sound good

DeathAngel
10-20-2004, 03:18 PM
if you're using windows sound recorder, you need to make a template file first so you can record as long as you want..open up sound recorder and hit record. record nothing until it gets almost to the first 60 seconds, then stop it and hit record again...do that over and over again until you think you have enough seconds for your song..then save the file as template1 or whatever, then just open that whenever you want to record.

ditchdog
10-20-2004, 04:36 PM

That's f@#$ing hilarious!!
I would like to offer an opinion as well, but the links appear to be down now...

Lt.Castle
10-20-2004, 05:46 PM
What's up with that stupid mask...or face paint?
looks like he fell face first in a pile of crap

DeathAngel
10-20-2004, 05:54 PM
That's f@#$ing hilarious!!
I would like to offer an opinion as well, but the links appear to be down now...

nah if you look at the links, he posted them wrong..he has a \ instead of /..just copy and paste it into your browser with a /..

Grave Base
10-20-2004, 07:28 PM
nah if you look at the links, he posted them wrong..he has a \ instead of /..just copy and paste it into your browser with a /..
my bad......didnt notice that at first......and ya, they are pretty bad... :p

EDIT: Alright they should work now.....if you really want to listen to them.....****it i need to practice :upset:

Grave Base
10-20-2004, 07:29 PM
What's up with that stupid mask...or face paint?
looks like he fell face first in a pile of crap
its a mask, its mushroomhead.........and i dont feel like arguing or explaining

JetBlackWarlock88
10-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Interesting outfits, if Slipknot and 50 cent had sex their kid might look like you!

Grave Base
10-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Interesting outfits, if Slipknot and 50 cent had sex their kid might look like you!
if you had bothered to read the rest of this miniscule thread you would have realized that it isnt me......... :thumb:

JetBlackWarlock88
10-24-2004, 09:23 PM
if you had bothered to read the rest of this miniscule thread you would have realized that it isnt me......... :thumb:

Well, regardless of who it is, he looks like someone I'd like to see under a bus!

druckin_funk
10-24-2004, 11:21 PM
Ehhk....dude...you really should start practicing with a metronome

Omega Red
10-24-2004, 11:59 PM
being a bassist i can confidently say those sucked

naut
10-25-2004, 12:33 AM
also a bass player...*cough*my avatar*cough*, the recordings were alright..... nothing too impressive... work on your technique, it sounds kind of sloppy. and next time, don't add "mad bass playing skills" to the title.:p

naut
10-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Well, regardless of who it is, he looks like someone I'd like to see under a bus!

nice save...:rolleyes:

Grave Base
10-26-2004, 02:35 PM
also a bass player...*cough*my avatar*cough*, the recordings were alright..... nothing too impressive... work on your technique, it sounds kind of sloppy. and next time, don't add "mad bass playing skills" to the title.:p
hence the (or is it?)

because its not.......and yes.....i do need practice but hey, next time i want to spend some quality time on recordings will be............. :confused:

EDIT: alright not much of an excuse but these recordings are crappy even for me......oh well, ill just pick it up a bit in the practice area....trying to hit the library for some awesome help from free books (bits of theory, scales, etc.)

naut
10-26-2004, 09:20 PM
hence the (or is it?)

but... ah nevermind...