PDA

View Full Version : Recording Software help...again!

Merkaba
10-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Ok, i know this questin has came up before, but i decide to post it again because i have some conditions to add to it. Ok...Im tired of having to download demos and i guess adobe is too because they obvious hold on to your computer info so you cant download it twice . Does anyone know any computer savy enough to know about how to work around this. i know they have something in my registry probably that tells them But i dont know crap about that kinda stuff. Otherwise im looking for a good quality and hopefully free software that

1. allows multitrack recording mixing
2. allows you to save it as an mp3 and or wave file.
3. isnt a demo

does this exist? or should i just shell out some payola?
thanks guys.

shadedlife
10-10-2004, 09:23 PM
well, there's always the method of getting it off kazaa or some other p2p program. that's what i did for my Cool Edit Pro 2. Other than that, I have no idea, since I've never had to look into it. hope you get this problem done with soon, cause I'm really itchin' to hear some recording.

Merkaba
10-11-2004, 12:36 AM
yea...plus i gota cold. but i was still killing the cords tonight. had a good day.

so you got the whole deal and it works fine? geez. hmmm....(looks at various angels and demons on shoulders)

Lateksi
10-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Kristal Audio Engine: http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/
Free, 16 track recorder, can save to .wav. Even supports 2 vst-effects per track.
Quite light also, and if you only need it to record, it's about good as Cubase or some other pro-softs.

Drazinus
10-11-2004, 09:10 AM
tell me, in the adobe demo version, does it ask for a registration key or CD key or something of that sort? if it does, then email me at drazinus@[REMOVE]gmail.com (removing the obvious), I may be able to help.

[-Draz-]

KKKKKocaine
10-11-2004, 10:35 AM
Ok, i know this questin has came up before, but i decide to post it again because i have some conditions to add to it. Ok...Im tired of having to download demos and i guess adobe is too because they obvious hold on to your computer info so you cant download it twice . Does anyone know any computer savy enough to know about how to work around this. i know they have something in my registry probably that tells them But i dont know crap about that kinda stuff. Otherwise im looking for a good quality and hopefully free software that

1. allows multitrack recording mixing
2. allows you to save it as an mp3 and or wave file.
3. isnt a demo

does this exist? or should i just shell out some payola?
thanks guys.

Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Vitriolic Rage
10-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Tools Free www.digidesign.com
No it isn't a crappy demo.

Merkaba
10-11-2004, 05:05 PM
ok thanks guys.
and to Draz...no ...whenever i click on my icon the first screen that pops up has their graphics and it says the the demo has expired. I really love audition. its a kick *** program.

my cool edit pro had something that would provide a key or license or something. but now its not working either. i might try to reinstall it and try to remove any traces of it first. is there any place on the comp that is most likely to keep backup and other information like this?

Merkaba
10-12-2004, 01:15 AM
Pro Tools Free www.digidesign.com
No it isn't a crappy demo.

do you have another link? i didnt see anything except that ten dollar disk thingy. i saw some free upgrades for protools. but thats it.

Vitriolic Rage
10-12-2004, 04:09 AM
http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/
There ya go.
The only limitations on it are that you can only have up to 24 wav tracks.

Merkaba
10-12-2004, 01:55 PM
^ ahhh....cool beans!

Merkaba
10-16-2004, 04:29 PM
http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/
There ya go.
The only limitations on it are that you can only have up to 24 wav tracks.

this sucks..you have to have windows 98. blah... :upset: :angry:
:confused:

Winter-seed...AKA b&h
10-16-2004, 04:57 PM
is u want adobe first go to kazaa, download that an then get adobe off that.....u can most likley get anything u want off there

KKKKKocaine
10-16-2004, 05:24 PM
this sucks..you have to have windows 98. blah... :upset: :angry:
:confused:

Your not missing much, I downloaded the program and it isn't very nice, it looks rather horrible really.

Metal Child
10-16-2004, 05:25 PM
hey, thanks to everyone who gave links to the software, i have been lookin for some for a while now, out of those 3 different links i was wondering what you all like the best

thanks again!

Merkaba
10-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Your not missing much, I downloaded the program and it isn't very nice, it looks rather horrible really.

Thanks....makes me feel better. I know pro tools is a big name. thats not good for them then.

Im currently trying to download audition from kazaa as i type this. wish me well... :wave:

toe_knee
10-16-2004, 08:39 PM
just a neerdy note.. if you want to use a program that is a trail versio yet it has expired.. Just set your clock back to the day (or a day or two ahead) you downloaded it.. it'll think you've only had it for a day or two.. hehe

Merkaba
10-16-2004, 09:44 PM
well i just got kazaa...so im trying to dowload audition and there is nothing happening. i check the traffic and im making no progress, no meters are or hourglasses or anything. anyone have any idea why? I hate this shlt...especially with a dial up modem! could that be my problem?

Merkaba
10-16-2004, 09:46 PM
just a neerdy note.. if you want to use a program that is a trail versio yet it has expired.. Just set your clock back to the day (or a day or two ahead) you downloaded it.. it'll think you've only had it for a day or two.. hehe

are you sure thats all it takes? i thought it would be smarter than that. i thought about it but said, nah, it cant be that easy. I'll have to try if i cant get this dam kazaa shlt to work.

toe_knee
10-16-2004, 10:09 PM
I did it with Paint Shop Pro.. some programs may have a security function to stop that.. but I can't be certain

Winter-seed...AKA b&h
10-17-2004, 03:59 AM
it shouldnt be kazaa an i dont think its your dial-up, its just sometimes the user wont let you download it or whatnot so like...shop around it

KKKKKocaine
10-17-2004, 05:07 AM
are you sure thats all it takes? i thought it would be smarter than that. i thought about it but said, nah, it cant be that easy. I'll have to try if i cant get this dam kazaa shlt to work.

Kazaa is full of spyware, if your going to use it download "Spybot search and destroy" and run it everytime you run kazaa.

Metal Child
10-17-2004, 07:05 AM
i was wondering if any one in here knows anything about a program by Cakewalk called guitar tracks pro 3? my guitar teacher is also a quite succsesful recording artist and recomended me this program. from the looks of it it has to be the best one out right now, he also recomended amp farm by line 6, its just a plug in to cakewalk but you have juxst about an infinant number of possibilites, any head with any tubes paired up with any cab, speakers...ect. but back to Cakewalk. i was wondering if anyone knew of a demo for Guitar Tracks Pro. i want to give it a try before shellin out the $150 musicans friend is asking. any info would be appreciated

Itwasthatwas
10-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Adobe Audition IS definately an awesome prog, thats what I use myself.
...Oh, and if you're in university, have a relative in university, or have a teacher/prof in the family, you can buy it in their name (if you want to buy it of course) and it will be way cheaper (Adobe gives you "education" price)... I got mine for $150 Canadian instead of like... $320 Canadian.

BUT, I'm wondering why nobody is mention CUBASE SX 2.0... Audition is a good prog, but it's got nothing on Cubase... I mean, Cubase is good enough that if you know what you're doing, you can get a really pro sound from it... I think it is a Pro level program. Its really expensive though, but seeing how you're trying to d/l your prog anyways, it shouldn't be a problem. I know its freely available on Kazaa.

I myself don't use Kazaa, as its complete and utter crap. Getting stuff from Soulseek (www.slsknet.org) and BitTorrent (use the BitTornado client) is way better. Suprnova.org is a good general bittorrent source, plus its not hard to find other, smaller source collections.
Check out www.zeropaid.com : its a good place to find out basically everything you need to know about the various file sharing clients... but whatever they say at Zeropaid... don't use Shareaza. Its hard to get rare files.

I hope I've helped...

KKKKKocaine
10-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Adobe Audition IS definately an awesome prog, thats what I use myself.
...Oh, and if you're in university, have a relative in university, or have a teacher/prof in the family, you can buy it in their name (if you want to buy it of course) and it will be way cheaper (Adobe gives you "education" price)... I got mine for $150 Canadian instead of like... $320 Canadian.

BUT, I'm wondering why nobody is mention CUBASE SX 2.0... Audition is a good prog, but it's got nothing on Cubase... I mean, Cubase is good enough that if you know what you're doing, you can get a really pro sound from it... I think it is a Pro level program. Its really expensive though, but seeing how you're trying to d/l your prog anyways, it shouldn't be a problem. I know its freely available on Kazaa.

I myself don't use Kazaa, as its complete and utter crap. Getting stuff from Soulseek (www.slsknet.org) and BitTorrent (use the BitTornado client) is way better. Suprnova.org is a good general bittorrent source, plus its not hard to find other, smaller source collections.
Check out www.zeropaid.com : its a good place to find out basically everything you need to know about the various file sharing clients... but whatever they say at Zeropaid... don't use Shareaza. Its hard to get rare files.

I hope I've helped...

We use Cubase Sx 3.0 at college, definately a great program.

Merkaba
10-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Great advice guys! Thanks

Vitriolic Rage
10-17-2004, 04:30 PM
If you find a trial program, set your clock to like 30 years ahead (I doubt you'll have the same computer in 30 years!), install, then reset computer, and put clock back to normal.

Merkaba
10-17-2004, 05:22 PM
by reset you mean....reset just the time right? like in control panel etc or right clicking on my date and time, or do i have to go deeper into the comp?

thanks.

kalpa
11-06-2004, 06:37 AM
i donno if i can say this but the answer is simple:

Crack it. If u need a link for it tell me.

Merkaba
11-06-2004, 02:48 PM
A link for what? I'm all in...

kalpa
11-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Dont do anything to the date its pointless

Uninstall it

Run the Install Again.
When at the Name, Organization,Serial Prompt
Make up a Name and Organisation but use the following Serial:

Its the one i got when i bought the program:
1137-1004-6598-2894-1056-5951

If that one doesnt work use my old one:
1137-1372-5272-1185-8719-8044

Cheers mate

Itwasthatwas
11-06-2004, 09:06 PM

It doesn't work w/ all programs. I've used it with Paint Shop Pro for over a year, but some programs do have security features against it, to detect any tampering with the clock, and some trial versions are just crap anyhow. There's no harm in trying though.

metaliq
11-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Dont do anything to the date its pointless

Uninstall it

Run the Install Again.
When at the Name, Organization,Serial Prompt
Make up a Name and Organisation but use the following Serial:

Its the one i got when i bought the program:
1137-1004-6598-2894-1056-5951

If that one doesnt work use my old one:
1137-1372-5272-1185-8719-8044

Cheers mate

What program is this for?

xXAcousticTearsXx
11-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Limewire, It has everything...may not be legal but still i got Cakewalk Pro Audio9 on it

thedoors17
11-07-2004, 01:22 PM
try getting sonar 3 producer edition :smoke:

Merkaba
11-07-2004, 01:50 PM
yea kalpa is this for audition?

kalpa
11-08-2004, 12:14 AM
adobe audition 1.5, the one i bought