PDA

View Full Version : got milk??

spikeyjoey
09-10-2004, 03:43 PM
my mother keeps suggesting i stop consuming dairy products as i am athsmatic and dairy supposidly creates mucous.... i ignored her cuz ilove milk so much! but the other day my sister told me all good vocalists saty away from it aswell... is this true?

KKinsane
09-10-2004, 03:56 PM
yes it can be.

milk + singing = mucus
mucus + singing = crap
singing - milk - :thumb:

math sucks

JustinLalor
09-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Milk is delicious

j0s1ah
09-10-2004, 07:12 PM
milk is good, but i have heard nothing good when it's related to singing. i never drink it anymore.

KissMeIamSh*tFaced
09-10-2004, 08:06 PM
wow i gotta tell my singer

j0s1ah
09-10-2004, 08:30 PM
merkaba says beef to.

/closes The Merkaba Bible

poormorris
09-10-2004, 09:02 PM
milk isn't all bad. I use it if my throat is scratchy and dry.

*begs forgiveness for defying the great mercaba*

metaliq
09-10-2004, 11:49 PM
It also helps with the coating of your stomach if your really hungry. :thumb:

Merkaba
09-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Poormorris! damn you. you will be banished to the netherworld of bad musicianship, and be forced to listen til your eardrums bleed! damn you!

just kidding. Ok. my take on stuff like this is this: Knowledge is power. Use as much power as you see fit, or as you need. free will is a bitch. it can have so many implications. ten years from now where will you be based on what you chose to pursue today, and what you chose not to pursue? try/not to try? learn/not to learn? research/ not to research? etc.

to explain it based on facts. i HAVE to go to the origin of the body. We are made to consume plants, fruits, earth stuff. point blank. Anything other than that poisons your body, your cords are part of that. you dont really have to digest fruits and vegetables. In spiritual circles its considered predigested because your body only has to hit it with some enzymes and it falls apart like legos. this means way way way less energy and time spent on digestion. less mucous, and more nutrients absorbed.

You cant digest meat well. period. its just a fact. i think most people really know this but they dont really care. it takes a lot of stomach acid to digest meat. some are more sensitive to this and this is why many get ulcers and acid reflux conditions. but you still cant digest it well, so the rest of it rots and just breaks down due to your digestive bacteria, not your enzymes! hence the horribleness of many people's flatulence and bowels.
the amount of acid and time on the stomach increase the need for mucous, and as it passes through your system you need more mucous to protect yourself and to help slide it through. beef is the worst, fish is one of the better meats. now what most people do is eat meat with a starch. beef steak and potatos, one of the worst things on the planet! but i love it. dont do it, but i love it! to digest a starch you need a relatively base(opposite of acid)stomach. so think about what that does! your body says meat, increase acid, starch, decrease acid. so youre basically cancelling your digestive system out. this means all the food rots more, more mucous in the body,and you get less nutrition. This is what occurs. now you manage and the body is very resilient. but this is just what happens. this is why people have so many cravings and overeat because we get no nutrition. colon cancer is prevelent nowadays too! not to mention that the food is already weak because the planet is stripped. and all of your food's substance has its origins in plant matter regardless of what youre eating.

Milk is designed for an animal that has four stomachs. I've been over this before. and how many other grown animals do you see drink milk? none. unless you introduce it to them. maybe a cat. but i've also seen animals drink beer! drinking milk is not natural, and so it creates a bit of havoc in your system. this means more protection, and this comes from mucous. Lactose intolerance is joked about alot, but its good to be lactose intolerant because lactose is a sugar closely related to cellulose sugar, which is wood! (ose= sugar, if you remember from science class). this is from the cows diet being plant fibers. the thing about mucous is that you increase it body wide. just like if i eat a big meal, that lasts like thirty minutes, i just about always have to clear my throat and or cough afterwards. when you eat, notice if you have to.

I just so happen to be a spiritualist, and a fitness freak. so this is just all up my alley.

so if you have the knowledge, at least start to practice moderation or at least think about it. i love milk. but i dont drink it, well, i might like once every three months or so if i just say fuk it, i want some good ol milk and cookies. Though there are tons of fake milks. almond, oatmeal, rice, soy. you can find them in health and fresh markets, publix also has them around here. Its really catching on, more and more people are starting to become mindful of this stuff. i normally drink Almond milk. i forget the brand. but its good. and the chocolate milks taste good , all of them that i've tried.

So i just give you the information. its not judgemental. i still smoke a few times a month, and i drink very rarely, but tomorrow im drinking a bit at a party. But i know. so the choices, effects and etc are in my mind. i know that if i drink or eat certain things, i need to watch for mucous,watch hyrdration, adjust accordingly, and or not over do it.

again, you can get away with alot and not think its affecting you. but everything affects us. so just be mindful. i mean, look into it yourself.
Sorry this is so long winded but you know me. i like to communicate, and im always naive enough to think that it reads rather quickly, interestingly, and painlessly. i hope i am right. OH , there was an original question at hand wasnt there. If you ask me, i say dont drink milk for a ton of reasons!

j0s1ah
09-11-2004, 06:50 AM
lol. well there u go. merkaba himself. i didn't know cows had 4 stomachs. but there were many good points in that chapter. lol. especially about the acid/base cancellation. coolio.
;)

Guitarromanic
09-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Well I sing in Choir, but I like Milk, but if I have to sing, I'll drink tea or cider or something hot, because the choir has a microwave... oddly...

Merkaba
09-11-2004, 09:48 AM
^ make that decaf tea.

hehe

I Love Fat women
07-09-2005, 03:33 AM
Cellulose and lactose are not closely related. Cellulose is long strands of polymerized beta-glucose, lactose is a disaccaride with a completely different structure.

Merkaba
07-09-2005, 05:39 AM
merkaba says beef to.

/closes The Merkaba Bible

"Verily verily I say unto you....dost thou consumeth from the modified sweat glands of bovine beasts? Where fore not thou sucketh from the teet of a cat, dog, or other animal not of your own species? Doth mature animals still seek milk from the mother? As it should also be for your mature. And whence would though stop suckling the mother's breast? For only the infantile are of a constitution that suits the qualities of milk. "
Merkaba 24:15

gaz12369
07-09-2005, 05:52 AM
i like to communicate, and im always naive enough to think that it reads rather quickly, interestingly, and painlessly. i hope i am right

Heh, to be fair your an awesome writer, thats something i would never, ever, read, but hey, you kept me reading! well done:P

I've been over this before. and how many other grown animals do you see drink milk?

hmmm... dont agree with that.., loads of animals drink milk.. cats, dogs, elephants, sheep, i might be correct in thinking most mammals do? (i dont like science...hence why i might be wrong with the mammals thing), but even humans drink milk naturaly from our mums... breast milk.. ok, its probably different to cows milk, but it cant be too different, so wouldnt the milk from your mum build up a sorta tollerence to milk in general?

Merkaba
07-09-2005, 05:53 AM
Cellulose and lactose are not closely related. Cellulose is long strands of polymerized beta-glucose, lactose is a disaccaride with a completely different structure.

Well in this context they are closely related for one important reason...They are both hard to digest and increase fermentation in the intestine.