PDA

View Full Version : Have a listen...

king of metal
09-02-2004, 05:25 AM
...to my band! If you think we rock or suck, any feedback is appreciated! The style of music can be described as metal but with melodic parts aswell, so its not just full on screamin! We have been compared to bands like pantera, soilwork, machine head, pissing razors. We're also from England so it'd be great to get a perspective from people the other side of the world! You can listen to 3 full tracks HERE! (http://www.myspace.com/elysiumshift)

Cheers :chug:

Elysium Shift (http://www.elysiumshift.co.uk)

:thumb:

Moss
09-03-2004, 06:58 AM
Cool!!!!
Good production, guitar tone and song structure. Singer reminded me a bit of more recent James Hetfield crossed with wasisface from the Prodigy (if that makes any sense).
Nice one. Good tracks.
Moss

king of metal
09-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Thanks dude, we appreciate your comments! :chug:

You mean the firestarter dude, whats his name, keith flint or somet??!! :confused:

BLT
09-03-2004, 01:38 PM
It's really good, but it sounds like you've tried to become the stereotypical metal-band and just used that sound instead of looking for your own sound. I find a lot of bands these days try to be some other band instead of trying to be themselves. Sorry if I'm wrong, but that's what I think. That in mind, however, the guitars and vocals are very well done, I just think they could be more original.

Moss
09-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah, that's the guy (Keith Flint). Maybe it's that aggressive "Londoner" tone, but I might be way off base......
Good stuff.

PunkGuitarist
09-03-2004, 07:39 PM
U guys r really good.

TonyMalone
09-04-2004, 08:00 AM
not too bad i dug it. got a good groove to it.
keep on rockin.
Tony Malone

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/tonymalonemusic.htm

Domino_guitar
09-04-2004, 09:25 AM
i'm not into that "screaming" kinda stuff but i have to say it was pretty good...keep it goin guys

Domino_guitar
09-04-2004, 09:25 AM
what is sound click anyway can somebody explain it to me??

MetalMan
09-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Pretty good ****, dude.

king of metal
09-05-2004, 07:31 AM
It's really good, but it sounds like you've tried to become the stereotypical metal-band and just used that sound instead of looking for your own sound. I find a lot of bands these days try to be some other band instead of trying to be themselves. Sorry if I'm wrong, but that's what I think. That in mind, however, the guitars and vocals are very well done, I just think they could be more original.

Thanks dude! I don't think we're trying to sound like any particular band, i mean, we all have our own influences like everyone else but thats the sound and style we just happened to be like. When we started out like 9 years ago we were the typical nirvana wannabe's :eek: but i think we've found our own style over the years as we've become older and more mature, our musical tastes have changed too, for the better hopefully! I think the style and our sound reflects that. At the end of the day though your still gonna get compared to other bands so i totally know what your sayin dude. Thanks again for the honest comments anyway, its appreciated!

:chug:

IbanezGeorge
09-05-2004, 09:34 AM
LoL it's cool because you can hear your cool accent.

king of metal
09-06-2004, 06:37 AM
LoL it's cool because you can hear your cool accent.

Cool accent?! :lol:

Implements Of Destruction
09-06-2004, 07:42 AM
yea sound good. But the guitar abit to low in the music i think.

king of metal
09-06-2004, 07:59 AM
You mean the tuning or tone or what?! :confused:

king of metal
09-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Come on dudes, we need more reviews!! Please?! :thumb:

Thanking you very muchly!

burton.and.gas
09-10-2004, 05:43 AM
i'm not really liking it. i don't really like metal much as a genre, but ur vocalist seems to wnat to be phil anselmo a little bit too much. i just don't like it i'm sorry.

king of metal
09-10-2004, 10:17 AM
i'm not really liking it. i don't really like metal much as a genre, but ur vocalist seems to wnat to be phil anselmo a little bit too much. i just don't like it i'm sorry.

Dude, thats fair enough man! If you don't like metal then i wouldn't expect you to like it, just like i wouldn't expect everyone who likes metal to like it! That'd be nice though! Anyway, thanks for taking the time to listen to it, we appreciate it :thumb:

king of metal
09-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Hey, anyone wanna offer us anymore feedback?? and keep us in the charts?! :thumb:

Blackdog8901
09-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Awsome recordings.

king of metal
09-20-2004, 02:50 AM
Cheers dude :thumb:

Sep
09-21-2004, 12:41 PM
Good stuff. Your drummer's very good. :thumb:

king of metal
09-22-2004, 03:16 AM
Thanks dude :thumb:

Anyone else wanna have a listen?...

>>>>CLICK HERE<<<< (http://www.overplay.co.uk/elysiumshift)

Ta very much! :wave:

king of metal
09-28-2004, 11:05 AM
No seriously, have a listen, please! :thumb:

Dylan S
09-28-2004, 04:36 PM
This stuff is great. I am not really into this style of metal as much as others, but its good all the same. The drummer has some serious double kickage going and it pwns.
When the melodic part came in on 'leech' the singer sounded like machine head I reckon.
Anyway yea it was good recordings and fairly well produced all the same.
Once again, I prefer thrash metal and stuff.

king of metal
09-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Thanks Zakk! We appreciate your feedback :thumb:

Cramboli
10-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Veryy fu((in Auwsome

the_only_singer
10-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Awesome stuff man. Few Audio Arena bands have impressed me and I think you are great. I get a bit of a Fear Factory vibe from the music. Any influence from them or is it just me? Anyway, keep it up.

king of metal
10-05-2004, 02:49 AM
Veryy fu((in Auwsome

Thanks dude! :chug:

king of metal
10-05-2004, 02:54 AM
Awesome stuff man. Few Audio Arena bands have impressed me and I think you are great. I get a bit of a Fear Factory vibe from the music. Any influence from them or is it just me? Anyway, keep it up.

Cheers dude! I guess there could be some fear factory influences in there as we do listen to em! Well spotted! Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to listen to us. :chug:

Irony My Friend
10-05-2004, 03:27 AM
not my style but **** good guitars...nice nice

king of metal
10-05-2004, 05:14 AM
Cheers! :chug:

king of metal
10-12-2004, 02:57 AM
Check the metalness out!

>>>>HERE<<<< (http://www.overplay.co.uk/elysiumshift)

king of metal
10-18-2004, 06:27 AM
:angry:

king of metal
10-18-2004, 06:37 AM
I forgot to mention...If anyone wants a FREE cd, pm your details and i'll send you one out completely FREE! Will make a nice coaster if nothin else! :thumb:

CHeck us out at http://www.overplay.co.uk/elysiumshift

Cheers :chug:

swedelead
10-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Awesome quality you guys really kick it. Not quite melodic enough for me and a little more mids and treble would help in the mix but keep on rockin. :thumb:

shadedlife
10-18-2004, 06:38 PM
hey - cool tracks. i'd want to pick up a cd, but i'm not into it enough. keep rockin.

_Bailey_
10-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Good Stuff :thumb: Your drummer is really good, I luv your voice too. Well whoevers voice it is. And yah, do you have a C.D.? I'd so buy it! :)

king of metal
10-19-2004, 02:52 AM
Good Stuff :thumb: Your drummer is really good, I luv your voice too. Well whoevers voice it is. And yah, do you have a C.D.? I'd so buy it! :)

Thanks for the comments guys! We appreciate it. Bailey, if you want a cd pm me your address and i'll send you one out free!!

Sweet :thumb:

Amorpha
10-19-2004, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the comments guys! We appreciate it. Bailey, if you want a cd pm me your address and i'll send you one out free!!

Sweet :thumb:
You can't PM on these forums, you'll have to use email or something to contact people privately.

Edit: You sound very tight as a band and all have good tones/production, but I agree with the person on the first page that said you sound very generic.

king of metal
10-20-2004, 03:06 AM
Ok. If anyone wants a FREE cd, EMAIL me with your details and i'll send you one out! :chug:

http://www.overplay.co.uk/elysiumshift

Cheers dudes :wave:

king of metal
10-26-2004, 05:29 AM
No one wants a FREE cd then?! :upset:

vicious_onslaught1
10-26-2004, 06:02 AM
i thought it was really goodi got a kinda stampin ground/jor vibe with some of the vocals sounds coming from a mushroom head like the shouting bits, the guitars are great, druming good stuff but on buttonssome of the pedaling/double pedaling was a bit sketchy but apart from that it was great you should check this band out there from fareham in portsmouth and there amazing if ya like that stuff there web site is www.thesaddestday.tk brutal keep the songs coming

guitargenius
10-26-2004, 06:11 AM
pretty good

king of metal
10-27-2004, 03:04 AM
i thought it was really goodi got a kinda stampin ground/jor vibe with some of the vocals sounds coming from a mushroom head like the shouting bits, the guitars are great, druming good stuff but on buttonssome of the pedaling/double pedaling was a bit sketchy but apart from that it was great you should check this band out there from fareham in portsmouth and there amazing if ya like that stuff there web site is www.thesaddestday.tk brutal keep the songs coming

Thanks dude! Yeah i know what you mean about the pedaling in 'buttons', he does miss it a few times! Something we didn't notice until after it was all mixed! I tried to check out that site but the link don't work?? :confused:

king of metal
10-27-2004, 03:05 AM
pretty good

Cheers! :chug:

vicious_onslaught1
10-27-2004, 02:49 PM
it wasnt a link i dont think but if you typr it in the adderss bar its werth the effort, well it depends if ya like the style of music they play i think there amazing, dont worry bout the pedaling it only happens a couple of times but its only a demo isnt it?

king of metal
11-02-2004, 04:25 AM
it wasnt a link i dont think but if you typr it in the adderss bar its werth the effort, well it depends if ya like the style of music they play i think there amazing, dont worry bout the pedaling it only happens a couple of times but its only a demo isnt it?

Cheers, i'll check that out! :thumb:

MaverickPLM
11-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I really like your band. The melodic aspect of your music really appeals to me. Sometimes the riffs you use do seem a bit overused, but overall awesome job! Keep up the good work.

kurtcobain01296
11-02-2004, 02:40 PM
I like the website, it looks very proffesional. But to be honest the music wasn't very original. It's good recording quality though, for the type of music that you're playing it's great.

Evilimmortal
11-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Not my style :evil: but it must be said long last some good s.h.i.t coming out from the UK, very good tracks people, my favorite track has to be "Leech" :thumb:

Keep up the good work and this may serve as example to others out there f.u.c.k.e.r.s do real music dont just copy it :thumb:

Lair Of Pain & Sorrow (http://DorEterna.com)

king of metal
11-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Not my style :evil: but it must be said long last some good s.h.i.t coming out from the UK, very good tracks people, my favorite track has to be "Leech" :thumb:

Keep up the good work and this may serve as example to others out there f.u.c.k.e.r.s do real music dont just copy it :thumb:

Lair Of Pain & Sorrow (http://DorEterna.com)

Cheers for the ace comments dudes :thumb:

If anyone out there wants a FREE cd, just email me! :chug:

Erdan
11-03-2004, 09:49 AM
http://www.mdgraphx.hu/erdan/download/Erdan_-_ver.mp3

king of metal
11-05-2004, 02:48 AM
WTF? :confused:

king of metal
11-09-2004, 04:14 AM
Hey,

There's also a video of the my band playing >>>>HERE<<<< (http://www.overplay.co.uk/BandMovies/ELYSIUM.mov) , It didn't cost us anything and it is quite cool...although you can tell where it has been spliced together! Be patient though as it takes a while to download, unless you have a mega fast connection!

Rock! :chug:

shoru
11-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey king, what is your email address, I love it and want a free cd!!

king of metal
11-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey king, what is your email address, I love it and want a free cd!!

Cheers dude! If you send me your address to neil@elysiumshift.co.uk , i'll get one out to you asap.

king of metal
11-15-2004, 03:39 AM
Anyone else wnat a free cd??????

Reverb7
11-15-2004, 11:39 AM
good sounding stuff man...not my tatse in metal but very well done.strong and powerful with some ballzzz!

king of metal
11-16-2004, 03:05 AM
good sounding stuff man...not my tatse in metal but very well done.strong and powerful with some ballzzz!

Thanks dude!

king of metal
11-23-2004, 03:06 AM
:thumb:

king of metal
02-16-2006, 11:27 AM
How do! Thought i'd ressurect this old thread!

We've got some new tracks up on http://www.myspace.com/elysiumshift Let us know what you think dudes.....is it still acceptable to do this **** on forums!?! :chug: