PDA

View Full Version : Check out my mates band:- Further than you'll ever know *ROCK/POP*

Jon_mase
08-21-2004, 04:34 PM
ok well this is my mates band , they did this cabarat at his school and recorded sum videos and sum music , there are 3 songs < californication/wonderwall and wherever you will go (the calling). this is the link-----------------Further than youll ever know (www.furtherthanyoulleverknow.co.uk) just go to downloads......................................... ............... any views that u guys could post would be cool and any criticism also , peace out :thumb:

maxwellmurderbass
08-21-2004, 08:21 PM
that was really good. too bad they didnt have a bassist, you kinda need one if your gonna play a chili peppers song.

Squeak
08-22-2004, 03:42 AM
tell your mate that on californication they change speeds like 10 times.. I'm pretty sure its the guitarist thats losing time and the drummer is just speeding up with him.

edit- nevermind, its both of them....lmao but listen to the solo- the drummer man.. its cool that shes a girl but she needs to keep the beat.

RushHourSoul
08-22-2004, 06:08 AM
Your guitarist needs to brush up on his technique a bit in californication. And they do change speeds loads. Vocals are good. Yeh the drummer also needs to listen to the song and figure out what chad actually plays. And the solo is pretty bad for timing.. not too bad though.

Marty Friedman Is God
08-22-2004, 06:16 AM
They sure chose their songs the right way considering the (exclusively feminine) reactions to the calling ditty! The vocals are reasonable enough, but the absence of a bass makes it a bit uncohesive... the Chili Peppers and the Calling are both one guitar outfits, they should make their lesser talented guitarist go play bass, if they're having such trouble finding one.

village_idiot
08-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Haha, Californication, I love listening to it speed up at the first chorus, haha.
Anyways, not too bad. Goodluck in the future. Whatever haha.

Kupo
08-22-2004, 12:10 PM
They are extremely boring to watch. I prefer bands that move around and "rock out". The guitarists looks extremely stiff and uncomfortable on stage. As for crits for their music, well everything has been said. The tempo changes in Californication bugs me.

*edit*
The solo in Cali sucks as well =/.

killfile
04-12-2005, 08:49 AM
I havent actually listened to anything, but I read the band bios and looked at the pics and you guys seem like pretty cool people, and interesting ones too. So keep rocking.

MindlessPickle
04-12-2005, 10:05 AM
I havent actually listened to anything, but I read the band bios and looked at the pics and you guys seem like pretty cool people, and interesting ones too. So keep rocking.

lol, yeah what's important is to look cool.

MindlessPickle
04-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, I think you should change the bios, in my opinion, it just sounds dorky. And of all the songs you chose "Wherever You Will Go", oh, well.

And yeah, uhm keep rockin'

BassMan182
04-12-2005, 11:32 AM
i only watched wonderwall, the singer hit the notes, but what is with that voice? it sounds like some horrible pop punk version...

chimp_spanner
04-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Didn't listen to the songs as my connection is so slow, it's travelling backwards, but I had a great time reading the guestbook - it's proper playground politics in there. Concludes with the drummer, or possibly singer saying

"Fúck this band, you're all cócks x"

Nice :)

ZEROthirtythree
04-12-2005, 02:13 PM
I like how the guitarist tries to play the bass and guitar at the same time in californication. :rolleyes:

MindlessPickle
04-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Didn't listen to the songs as my connection is so slow, it's travelling backwards, but I had a great time reading the guestbook - it's proper playground politics in there. Concludes with the drummer, or possibly singer saying

"Fúck this band, you're all cócks x"

Nice :)

lol!! I never realized it was a band member.

ZEROthirtythree
04-12-2005, 02:29 PM
lol!! I never realized it was a band member.

I'm sure someone just used that as an alias.