PDA

View Full Version : emocore scream

pinkboxers
08-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Ok yes i know there are many threads abt screeamin but i want to know how to do those EMOCORE screams.But all i wanna know is how to scream like Finch,A Static Lullaby and those emocore screams.Can someone give a step by step instruction( including sayin where should we feel some pressure and how do we know if we are screaming correctly)

-Pls dont tell me that i dont have to scream cause i have always been singing and now i need to scream as well to improve on our music.Pls help

shadedlife
08-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Ok yes i know there are many threads abt screeamin but i want to know how to do those EMOCORE screams.But all i wanna know is how to scream like Finch,A Static Lullaby and those emocore screams.

those exact bands have been brought up in the screaming thread. stop wasting bandwidth

KKKKKocaine
08-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Ok yes i know there are many threads abt screeamin but i want to know how to do those EMOCORE screams.But all i wanna know is how to scream like Finch,A Static Lullaby and those emocore screams.Can someone give a step by step instruction( including sayin where should we feel some pressure and how do we know if we are screaming correctly)

-Pls dont tell me that i dont have to scream cause i have always been singing and now i need to scream as well to improve on our music.Pls help

I can scream naturally so hah!
This is covered in screaming threads though.

kingfreddys
08-04-2004, 01:05 PM
just don't be discouraged, i started screaming like 1.5 weeks ago, i'm still not good, but i can hear improvement, when i started, i couldn't get rasp, at all. And sing/scream along with songs, Lip Gloss and Black is a great song to practice screaming with, for me at least, also it's a sweet song

kingfreddys
08-04-2004, 01:05 PM
^Lip Gloss and Black by Atreyu^

Liquid Force
08-04-2004, 10:13 PM
^Lip Gloss and Black by Atreyu^

i like that song. :)

ManWhoSoldTheWorld
08-04-2004, 10:47 PM
yeah, but the thing is, the screaming threads are like 16 pages long. Thats a lot to read through and most of it isnt what your looking for. There needs ONE thread for each kind of screaming. Cause Finch screaming and atreyu screaming are totally different.

Merkaba
08-05-2004, 02:20 AM
yeah, but the thing is, the screaming threads are like 16 pages long. Thats a lot to read through and most of it isnt what your looking for. There needs ONE thread for each kind of screaming. Cause Finch screaming and atreyu screaming are totally different.

there's one way to scream unless you have a whistle register, like mariah carey. Im sure you dont.

otherwise, read my replies here. http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214130

Youre going to have to learn to either add more tone by using the cords more or pretty much taking them out of the picture and getting almost not tone. the more tone you add the more stress on your cords. so beware of doing it incorrectly.

Merkaba
08-05-2004, 05:55 AM
btw. The finch that i have heard was screaming like chino from deftones. and the atreyu that i 've heard. (which i cant stand and am getting ready to post about in another forum) is sounding pretty much like the same thing. Theres really only one kind of scream, its just what you do with the tones that you add to it. but the rasp is the noisy shell that holds the various personalized tones in all rock screams. and theres only one legit way to get that rasp. as i've stated before. any rasp, scratch or distortion effect.

pinkboxers
08-05-2004, 07:58 AM
i know i have to use the falsetto voise(did i spell it correctly?).But how do i scream using the falsetto voice.Where should i feel the pressure or have pressure in?And if i scream,the bottom of my throat hurts a little.Is it normal?There are no tears.Just that it hurts a little at the bottom of my throat.I am 18 and i really need to learn to scream to improve the music of my band.Right now my screams sound like ****.yeah!

Merkaba
08-05-2004, 02:06 PM
i know i have to use the falsetto voise(did i spell it correctly?).But how do i scream using the falsetto voice.Where should i feel the pressure or have pressure in?And if i scream,the bottom of my throat hurts a little.Is it normal?There are no tears.Just that it hurts a little at the bottom of my throat.I am 18 and i really need to learn to scream to improve the music of my band.Right now my screams sound like ****.yeah!

Tears...as in small cuts to your vocal cords. I used to have the same problem. do like the guy said in another post, raise your cheekbones. like youre doing some big clown smile. it helps lift your throat somehow. but the pressure should be felt in the in the back of the throat, a little upwards. try to think about letting the air go up through the top of the head. and again, the vocal cords lay horizontal. straight across...around the adams apple. that visualization helped me realize some things. when you say the bottom of your throat, that sounds like your cord area. practice singing the note first. and holding it. then its easier. trust me. plus you have to be able to do that first. dont just open your mouth. try to lower your lower jaw a little, but then lift the cheekbones, like youre smiling or something. but that helps open your throat. opening your mouth as wide as possible usually makes you close your throat in the tensing process.

pinkboxers
08-05-2004, 11:09 PM
{Tears...as in small cuts to your vocal cords}
what do you mean small cuts in the vocal cords?how do i know if there are small cuts?

so if i scream correctly,there is no pain at all?so how do i know if i am screamin rightly?How should i feel?

{pressure should be felt in the in the back of the throat, a little upwards.}
at my thonsils?or the little thing danglin at the back of my mouth?

ps.i feel like a dumbass askin all these questions but pls help.

Merkaba
08-06-2004, 01:25 AM
when you sing your cords vibrate hundreds of times a second. that creates heat and dries them out more and more. especially if you have poor hydration and nutrition(which most do). over time and especially if youre pushing too hard, you just irritate the lining where the cords meet. its like your cords getting chapped. just like when the moisture on your lips wears away, and they start to peel and chap. its similar. and over time with the continued heat and drier cords they basically become abrasive. im talking microscopic tears here. but collectively it helps to make your cords swell. that means that they arent going to meet together and vibrate properly and the swelling causes pain. this swelling also triggers more mucous in an attempt to protect this raw area. which makes it harder to get a good vibration and tone, which most people try to defeat by pushing harder. then it just snowballs. see the downward spiral. then youre not even strengthening or activating or energizing the cords anymore. just abusing them.
and by all means. when you scream properly there is no pain. think about bands like linkin park, mudvayne, etc, that go on tour and play for an hour or so for four or five times a week, sometimes twice or a time and a half in one day. for like three months at a clip. now when youre first starting out you might get a bit sore afterwards ONLY. and ONLy if youve been training a long while. but you really should never have pain. just stick with that.
lets just say that the rasp should be felt above the adams apple. practice screaming with words that start with H. and try to end them with an H. it helps to open you up. try sounds like Haaah! then HaayyyH. dont try E's yet! it could be dangerous. trust me! now when you go to rasp, that is the one time you have to shift your throat, and not your cords. you slightly close the back of your throat to reflect the air. thats why i always stress practices that allow you to isolate your throat from your vocal muscles. you have to be able to do them independently. its like finding the muscles that blare your nostrils or move your ears. they are there, you just have to isolate them. I like trying to help people because it actually gets my own memory and mind working and helps out. try doing haaahh..and hayyy. im telling you dude, yo should be able to rasp at like 50 percent push. you dont have to push hard to get rasp, you have to be able to stay open and reflect off the throat. its that simple. so practice with easier push so you can relax and get the feel down. and im telling you. if you havent, go get/listen to the original Wonderful World by Louis armstrong. he is rasping and its not his natural voice. he did smoke a ton of weed and have a crunchy voice, but the singing is of the throat. he's hitting it off the back of his throat at like normal singing push. like 20 percent push! now when you go to push more you have to open more which moves the point of reflection a bit, but not that much. its about learning to stay open. then you can bring back the feeling of doing what you did to sing wonderful world and youre done. hehe, its not that easy but its the same thing. dude dont let all of my words and shlt make you think too much. 1. you really should listen to Louis armstrong 2. you should be able to get a scream like rasp and tone at 50 push. 3. relax

thats about the three keys.

BassMan182
08-06-2004, 06:41 AM
"emocore"... what a cunt

KKKKKocaine
08-06-2004, 10:44 AM
"emocore"... what a cunt
Here's a spoon (http://www.cs.utah.edu/gdc/pics/images/spoon.gif) ,so you can go eat my ***.

Merkaba
08-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Here's a spoon (http://www.cs.utah.edu/gdc/pics/images/spoon.gif) ,so you can go eat my ***.

"Spoon man, come together with your hands... All my friends are brown and red" :naughty: :lol:

BassMan182
08-07-2004, 05:10 AM

yea... that's not been said before. cock.

by the way i didn't look at the picture.

KKKKKocaine
08-07-2004, 05:29 AM
yea... that's not been said before. cock.

by the way i didn't look at the picture.

Good. :thumb:

Bragor
08-09-2005, 04:54 AM
Open ur mouth 3fingers height size. push ur stomach, towrads you, let hair come and screams in a mic... get some mix to do treble and bass ****...

Merkaba
08-09-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks for bumping a thread thats exactly a goddam year old!

BassMan182
08-09-2005, 07:35 AM
and i still hate "emocore". some things never change! haha..

waronpeace
08-18-2005, 01:03 AM
just don't be discouraged, i started screaming like 1.5 weeks ago, i'm still not good, but i can hear improvement, when i started, i couldn't get rasp, at all. And sing/scream along with songs, Lip Gloss and Black is a great song to practice screaming with, for me at least, also it's a sweet song

speaking of good screaming songs for me paper tigers by thrice. you know "they preach to the choir" is a great one to practice, but all screamers should warm up before

walls by emery is good too, but really just the beginning