PDA

View Full Version : Rock & Metal Forum: Report Problems/Ask Questions/Make Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76

Permanent Solution
04-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Jeremy is on fairly often these days mate.

Also, I am all for banning for drug talk too. You are really giving us too many good ideas.

MUDSTOMPER
04-22-2009, 02:09 PM
That's my point though, the moderating is slowly getting to a point where people will have to be very careful as to what they discuss, and I come on a forum so I don't have to be courtious and worry about offending people as I do in real life.

Permanent Solution
04-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Interestingly enough, I have never felt the need to censor myself, and for awhile I was fairly offensive by forum standards. Now I'm pretty much a moderate, and I've not changed.

So basically the point is, maybe you shouldn't have such latently offensive tendencies. If you want to be totally free go to a chan site or something =\

This paranoia thing is silly though, we're less strict rather than more here.

Ulthwe
04-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Whatever, I'll try and cut down on the jokes but honestly you're not going to get rid of RM memes over night, it just won't happen.

pate
04-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Steve, you're not in a position to bargain.

Stormrider
04-22-2009, 02:43 PM
It's the frequency in which someone like Steve makes these jokes that's the issue at this point, and not nessecarily just using them.

I don't really care either way, I just don't see what he/everyone else gets out of constantly abusing the same jokes over and over.

Ulthwe
04-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Fine, I promise to try my best not to make as many blatant racial jokes anymore but I'm not going to change my posting style 100% just to appease the mods, don't expect that.

Steve, you're not in a position to bargain.

I'm a frequent user on this board and it's my right to question and bring up my concerns and opinions to the moderators, what does it matter anyway, all you have to do is delete my posts and all of the sudden I'm not such a burden to you anymore!

Ulthwe
04-22-2009, 07:31 PM
I want an exact definition Dave PLZ!

pate
04-22-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm a frequent user on this board and it's my right to question and bring up my concerns and opinions to the moderators, what does it matter anyway, all you have to do is delete my posts and all of the sudden I'm not such a burden to you anymore!

You don't have any rights on the internet.

supthread
04-22-2009, 09:57 PM
"You have been banned for the following reason:
bumping a bad thread"
idk... isn't that like. a little bit silly? instead of banning without warning just be like "hey, let this thread die" or delete it...
and i wasn't like "bump" or "LOL LOOK WHAT I DID"
i was actually talking to someone on the thread.

Permanent Solution
04-22-2009, 11:11 PM
"You have been banned for the following reason:
bumping a bad thread"
idk... isn't that like. a little bit silly? instead of banning without warning just be like "hey, let this thread die" or delete it...
and i wasn't like "bump" or "LOL LOOK WHAT I DID"
i was actually talking to someone on the thread.

tbh i just highlighted all the posts in there and deleted/spam banned because it's easier than closing the thread and then figuring out which users in specific really deserve it

in fact every time i ban people for posting in bad threads, it's because it's the easiest thing for me.

solution: stop posting in bad threads

jom still brings the lolz

Nostalgia
04-22-2009, 11:48 PM
I "care so much" because I browse the board regularly and I can see pretty clearly why so few new users bother posting in the place: it's incredibly cliquey and hostiles

i agree with you, but RM gets more traffic than most of the music forums combined, and we almost get a new user every day. so yeah, no idea what youre talking about dude.

Permanent Solution
04-22-2009, 11:57 PM
i agree with you, but RM gets more traffic than most of the music forums combined, and we almost get a new user every day. so yeah, no idea what youre talking about dude.

wot?

hismajestythepope
04-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah see you don't post in half the threads.

Nostalgia
04-23-2009, 12:08 AM
not every day obviously, but we have a good influx of new users. believe it or not, RM has more traffic than any forums on this site.

Permanent Solution
04-23-2009, 12:09 AM
No no I realize we get a lot of traffic. But when we say new users, I mean people who come here at least every couple days. People who are semi-regulars. I see about one of those a month.

Apocalyptic Raids
04-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Yeah see you don't post in half the threads.
don't be knockin the lurkers >:[

not every day obviously, but we have a good influx of new users. believe it or not, RM has more traffic than any forums on this site.
but who wants to stick around when the community is cliquey and full of lame anti-semetic jokes

besides adb

Nostalgia
04-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey I hate the jokes as much as you guys, but that's not the problem I'm talking about.

Plus, I've never seen any new users complain about the jokes. If I'm wrong, point me to a post please.

Apocalyptic Raids
04-23-2009, 12:22 AM
yeah... but how many new users would want to kick up that kind of fuss knowing that they'll mostly just get a chorus of "**** off non-elite" or something.

they probably just go away. that's just me though, i don't like trouble :(

edit: britneydiva you must stop beating me :(

adb
04-23-2009, 12:23 AM
but who wants to stick around when the community is cliquey and full of lame anti-semetic jokes

besides adb

I haven't said a word about all the racist jokes

Apocalyptic Raids
04-23-2009, 12:24 AM
i know, you were just the most obvious example of a new person who has become a regular recently.

Nostalgia
04-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Then okay, ban everyone who uses a racist remark, and in 3 months lets tally up how many new users have joined.

supthread
04-23-2009, 12:36 AM
tbh i just highlighted all the posts in there and deleted/spam banned because it's easier than closing the thread and then figuring out which users in specific really deserve it

in fact every time i ban people for posting in bad threads, it's because it's the easiest thing for me.

solution: stop posting in bad threads

jom still brings the lolz

ah gotcha, well that's straight. i was just kind of curious
i still lub you vince

Nostalgia
04-23-2009, 12:39 AM
No. I'm saying once the MX racism has stopped, lets tally up from that period on if there has been an influx of new R&M users.

Then, once I'm proved right, I get to call you a woman.

Permanent Solution
04-23-2009, 12:46 AM
If we banned everyone who trolled, told racist jokes, spammed, and the like, we'd probably start getting new users because the place would seem pretty friendly. But all the old users would be banned.

Alternately, the old-timers can try to behave just a little bit of their own accord and maybe we can get the best of both worlds. js

Nostalgia
04-23-2009, 12:48 AM
No I'm up for it. I don't really entertain the jokes to begin with, so it's no problem to me.

hismajestythepope
04-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Hey mods. You're wrong.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/

See this place? There metal forum is full of much more douchebags and pricks than those who populate this forum. What's worse is that they DON'T know what they're talking about, and they DO taunt anybody for listening to hardcore influenced music, because, being retards, they don't even know where metal is rooted.

Some kids on here might make fun of deathcore, because yeah, deathcore sucks, but there isn't any hatred for users who post in the xcore threads, don't know where thats coming from.

But yeah, point in linking UG. The people there are bigger douches, but they still get a huge influx of new users. Because their tab site is huge because MX was gone for too long. Boo hoo, this site is dying, lets blame it on the loyal users.

How about this place?

http://metal-archives.com/

Do I even need to explain this one?

Whine more, act like you know more, whatever. Stop banning regs because you have a weak sense of humor.

Ulthwe
04-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah gotta agree with Mappy, like I said I'm gonna try and be more "new user friendly and less racist" but I honestly don't see the need for the fascist bannings.

Permanent Solution
04-23-2009, 01:19 AM
If you want to post on MA, post on MA.

All forums are not the same, novel concept.

hismajestythepope
04-23-2009, 01:29 AM
The community on here is nothing like M-A's community. Stop acting like this site sucks because of the R&M regs. It's worse for the community that you keep banning everyone on the drop of a dime.

Two words sum up this argument Vince, regardless of whether or not your a mod: you're wrong.

@Tyler: yeah, talking about stomping muds exclusively is weak. Kiddo needs to come up with new material.

@Steve: Example; /me jokes around with Mike, Mike probably doesn't even realize I'm kidding, you come in: ZOG is calling you a hipster... whatever the hell you said. Killing it.

Also, I will never stop heiling.

Permanent Solution
04-23-2009, 01:34 AM
The community on here is nothing like M-A's community. Stop acting like this site sucks because of the R&M regs. It's worse for the community that you keep banning everyone on the drop of a dime.

Two words sum up this argument Vince, regardless of whether or not your a mod: you're wrong.

I don't see how I can be wrong seeing as I haven't been making any specific argument except that it doesn't hurt to chill out on some of this stuff. If you think you've proved that wrong you're pretty inane man...because it doesn't hurt you to exercise a little bit of self control, I promise.

As to the first stuff...I wasn't saying it was. In fact, I was specifically saying it wasn't. So...reading comprehension ftl I guess. For the record I've banned 2 sets of users in the last month maybe so stop PMSing at me k?

Tyler
04-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Also, I will never stop heiling.
"heiling" stuff isn't a big deal because you're still keeping threads going. I think the bigger issue is when they get derailed into pages upon pages of bad anti-semitic, racist jokes. I know a lot of users think they're joking but I honestly believe it's gone beyond that. Maybe they started off joking.

hismajestythepope
04-23-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't think anyone here is genuinely racist. I think a lot of people here are guilty of lacking their own personalities and are thus emulating Cael and Dargon.

hismajestythepope
04-23-2009, 01:39 AM
I don't see how I can be wrong seeing as I haven't been making any specific argument except that it doesn't hurt to chill out on some of this stuff. If you think you've proved that wrong you're pretty inane man...because it doesn't hurt you to exercise a little bit of self control, I promise.

As to the first stuff...I wasn't saying it was. In fact, I was specifically saying it wasn't. So...reading comprehension ftl I guess. For the record I've banned 2 sets of users in the last month maybe so stop PMSing at me k?

I'm saying you're wrong in your comparison that this forum is like Metal-Archives.

I don't know what your problem with reading comprehension is, it would've really helped you there. :):p

Permanent Solution
04-23-2009, 01:41 AM
I'm saying you guys are wrong that the forum is dying because of ZOG jokes.

And I'm saying you're wrong in your comparison that this forum is like Metal-Archives.
I've never made that claim nor do I believe it. But I do believe we could create a more welcoming environment here for new posters.

I said nothing even close to that please learn to read.

hismajestythepope
04-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Truth. I think everyone should realize this is about killing discussion with bad jokes that are out of place, moreso than the context of the jokes.

Tyler
04-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Banning per-content of the jokes is as much a result of circumstance than it is actual content IMO

hismajestythepope
04-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Which is retarded in its own.

If you're gonna mod at least read into context idk.

Nostalgia
04-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Cael was immediately hated when he came here too. People then realized he's a really cool guy that never took the internet seriously, and with that he was welcomed into the community.

hismajestythepope
04-23-2009, 01:49 AM
IDK I remember Cael just ****ing with everyone left and right when he first came here. Pretty sure we both thought the other was serious when we used to have our troll wars back in the day.

adb
04-23-2009, 01:49 AM
who isn't hated when they're n00b, honestly

hismajestythepope
04-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Well people dislike you for being annoying and trying way too hard, moreso than for being a noob. Kind of like why people don't like Anthracks.

Note that everybody is fine with Imperial Blackness?

Nostalgia
04-23-2009, 01:51 AM
adb i think you're gonna to be hated for as long as you post

adb
04-23-2009, 01:54 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/zsqtqf.jpg

Tyler
04-23-2009, 01:57 AM
It's just odd looking at old threads and seeing Dargon be..Dargon and us still being able to converse in spite of it. I don't get how these jokes became such a foundation of the forums. I'm not going to get all causal up in this bitch but it's pretty hard to ignore that the bad off-topic racist joking came as discussion lessened. I just read the first dozen or so pages of the Black Metal thread and even though it was basically a bunch of dick measuring it at least had legs of its own.

Dargon would say **** like:
A chromosomally challenged subhuman such as yourself has no place in black metal

And we'd all just ignore it and move on.

Now when someone posts something similar it becomes a huge circle jerk.

hismajestythepope
04-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Black metal thread will always be namedrop-namedrop WITTR.

adb
04-23-2009, 01:59 AM
nice edit

hismajestythepope
04-23-2009, 02:03 AM
Vince or someone, can you ban this douche already?

This is pathetic.

Nostalgia
04-23-2009, 02:37 AM
There's only about three people who use anti-Semitic slang, and that'd be deth, steve, and 1338 Haxor.

This isn't the drama everyone is making it out to be, that's for sure.

pate
04-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Wait, what?

the only reason I kicked them into high gear the last week was to test the modding waters,

And then you whine and bitch when you get banned for it??????

Ulthwe
04-23-2009, 08:43 AM
I was more or less bitching about the whole of people like Deth getting banned for saying it once, it would be nice to see some acknowledgment to the rest of my points, I'm obviously trying to appease you guys. It's not as if I wanna live as the user who all of the sudden is hated by all the mods.

TimJim
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Well people dislike you for being annoying and trying way too hard, moreso than for being a noob. Kind of like why people don't like Anthracks.

Note that everybody is fine with Imperial Blackness?IB is one of my favourite users

There's only about three people who use anti-Semitic slang, and that'd be deth, steve, and 1338 Haxor.

This isn't the drama everyone is making it out to be, that's for sure.and when they use it its usually for the lulz

easylee
04-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Cael was immediately hated when he came here too. People then realized he's a really cool guy that never took the internet seriously, and with that he was welcomed into the community.
cael is a big fuzzy love bug

TimJim
04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
since when are hethenistic cultures wrong?

much less a forum culture

TimJim
04-23-2009, 12:19 PM
but when it's become a culture that's not really an option anymore
since when are hethenistic cultures wrong?

much less a forum culture??

all im saying here is that this culture thrived why kill it

TimJim
04-23-2009, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't call a small subforum a thriving culture. The fact is that the forums' active membership has been falling steadily for the past 2 years or so, in direct contrast to the reviews site, and there has to be a reason why the growing membership of the latter isn't crossing over the forums. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the casual use of racist language which had become endemic on all forums
and maybe the lack of links and the hackings hasnt helped AT ALL

its not R&M that is causing this. i know this becaus emost R&Mers stay within R&M. its the old pit users that make life difficult for newbs

Moon Flavor
04-23-2009, 12:38 PM
True dat even when the pit was relatively tame like 4 years ago I still didn't go in there cuz I never had any clue what those idiots were babbling about

e: in reference to jimtim's post

TimJim
04-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Well I went out of my way to say that R&M is not the only culprit. As you said, the hackings have been the major factor, but the lack of links doesn't explain people leaving the forums en masse.

This still doesn't excuse racist jokes.i didnt notice that you did haha. but racist jokes dont either.

True dat even when the pit was relatively tame like 4 years ago I still didn't go in there cuz I never had any clue what those idiots were babbling about

e: in reference to jimtim's posti did for a while then i just stopped. its not very fun any more

supthread
04-23-2009, 12:47 PM
My two cents:

racist joking, however lulzy it may be is kind of lame. It has gotten a little bit out of control, but the fact is I stuck around through being treated like **** as a noob, and now people kind of sort of respect me maybe a tiny bit and don't give me **** as much because i've established myself as a user and a person that isn't completely retarded. if casual users want to post and get "scared away", they are replaced by people like me who post a lot more in the long run.

in response to the banning for going offtopic in threads or something like that... completely silly. idk, not to point fingers or anything but i think lee has been a little bit trigger happy with that ban button. people like Dan (dimmu burger) whos like the nicest dude in the forums have even been getting banned recently and for what? for continuing a conversation that arose in a thread that slipped off topic? if you complain about people not posting and new users not coming and then start banning people that DO post for silly, miniscule reasons, then aren't you kind of just choking the life out of R&M in a different manner?

TimJim
04-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Well the Pit has been nuked for good, so consider yourselves superior to them!

well i would heil but that could be offensive to a new user

=/

Moon Flavor
04-23-2009, 12:51 PM
My two cents:

racist joking, however lulzy it may be is kind of lame. It has gotten a little bit out of control, but the fact is I stuck around through being treated like **** as a noob, and now people kind of sort of respect me maybe a tiny bit and don't give me **** as much because i've established myself as a user and a person that isn't completely retarded. if casual users want to post and get "scared away", they are replaced by people like me who post a lot more in the long run.

in response to the banning for going offtopic in threads or something like that... completely silly. idk, not to point fingers or anything but i think lee has been a little bit trigger happy with that ban button. people like Dan (dimmu burger) whos like the nicest dude in the forums have even been getting banned recently and for what? for continuing a conversation that arose in a thread that slipped off topic? if you complain about people not posting and new users not coming and then start banning people that DO post for silly, miniscule reasons, then aren't you kind of just choking the life out of R&M in a different manner?
are you elim?

I do agree with you whoever you are, and I've always had my reservations about modding pate....not that he's a bad guy but he's not very modly if you know what I mean

TimJim
04-23-2009, 12:53 PM
thats sean32w/e if i ever saw it

supthread
04-23-2009, 12:54 PM
yeah guys it's not BOTB or anything
=/

TimJim
04-23-2009, 12:56 PM
who is this BOTB guy

supthread
04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
haha im apparently not a memorable person at all.

TimJim
04-23-2009, 12:59 PM
oh yes Bring On The Breakdown how are you?

and why were you banned?

supthread
04-23-2009, 01:00 PM
for bumping a bad thread.
it was vince, he just banned everyone that posted though without really reading into it too hard so i'm not worried about it.
and its only like a day or two.

Permanent Solution
04-23-2009, 01:23 PM
only 24 hours. should be up in like 10 hours or something i think, forget when i did it yesterday

Stormrider
04-23-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't know how people can consider R&M as a whole as very 'noob welcoming'

Whenever some new user makes a decent thread asking a question, out of the first 10 posts, 8 of them are unfunny remarks that are basically just malking fun of the thread starter. Also, peple who aren't used to the way things work around here are immediately laughed at. Sure, lot's of impulse posting, but the forum in general is not that welcoming.

the2stranger
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM
I agree with Stormrider.
It's not that welcoming, the traffic for new posters is quite low if you ask me.
But I guess that's what happens if you have a tight community.

Lots of insider jokes/racist jokes.
Also lots of familiarity, calling people by their actual first name, makes it seem like a tight knit community.

pate
04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
My two cents:

You don't know who banned who.

The Feeding
04-23-2009, 11:30 PM
what does bumping a bad thread mean exactly?

Permanent Solution
04-23-2009, 11:35 PM
posting in a bed thread, in this case the 1.5 year old nickleback thread

Nostalgia
04-23-2009, 11:36 PM
yeah **** bed threads

The Feeding
04-23-2009, 11:39 PM
posting in a bed thread, in this case the 1.5 year old nickleback thread

that's cool i was kinda surprised and kinda confused

adb
04-24-2009, 01:23 AM
so in other words, it was just a normal day for you

The Feeding
04-24-2009, 02:12 AM
**** off

TimJim
04-24-2009, 10:36 AM
that is like your catch phrase lately

Niflheim II
04-24-2009, 04:16 PM
the way i see it is this place used to be good to go to too start some **** because everyone was so uptight and retarded most of the time then people started wanting some of our glory and tried being clever and **** emulating our own bullshit and they tried to be all funny and wannabe elite etc then it just got way out of hand and tired with too many crappy unfunny trolls all playing the same game and now all thats what this forum is now. elimz is still trollin it up alright mappy doin ok dunno who else is trollin well these days but the rest are unfunny as **** and all it is really is a competition of trolling on the forum and i cant be ****ed cuz i won that **** MANY times AGES ago and theres no competition anymore cuz everyone is ****in retarded for the most part. id say BRA days were the climax of the elite trolling era and after that everyone else wanted to try and troll BRA and it got tired me and mark heiled that **** hard after that i cant be ****ed with trollin here plus less time to sit around doin **** all and trolling IRL now which is where its really at.

FatalEnergy
04-24-2009, 07:06 PM
lol

easylee
04-24-2009, 07:07 PM
cael never fails to put life into perspective

DBlitz
04-26-2009, 12:33 PM
re-open deathcore thread

some people are really lost

Ulthwe
04-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Make your own ffs.

DBlitz
04-26-2009, 12:52 PM
or someone can just re-open it

RiceMonster
04-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Or, you can just make one, and save the time you would have lost complaining in this thread.

Ulthwe
04-26-2009, 12:59 PM
or someone can just re-open it

omg how hard is it to press the new thread button and start one for yourself, the creator wanted it closed, if it's so important to you make your own damn thread it's not a big deal.

The Feeding
04-26-2009, 01:15 PM
*oh snap*

someone has to do it either way haha

DBlitz
04-26-2009, 01:17 PM
i don't wanna

sean you do it

The Feeding
04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
you can't make me

Txus
04-26-2009, 02:00 PM
MAKE A NEW ****ING DEATHCORE THREAD PLEASE

there's a bunch of fags posting about ****ing deathcore bands all over the place, it makes me sick.

Ulthwe
04-26-2009, 02:07 PM
12fucking3

DBlitz
04-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Make your own ffs

Txus
04-26-2009, 02:10 PM
I dont want to be involved with such faggotry.

DBlitz
04-26-2009, 02:11 PM
thats why i asked sean to do it

why hasnt he done it yet

Ulthwe
04-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Make your own ffs

Really, why can't you make your own, you come in here complaining about wanting one and then whine about how you don't want to make it, grow a spine or stfu.

DBlitz
04-26-2009, 02:14 PM
lol

ok i'll make one and post it before i sleep

hismajestythepope
04-26-2009, 02:51 PM
MAKE A NEW ****ING DEATHCORE THREAD PLEASE

there's a bunch of fags posting about ****ing deathcore bands all over the place, it makes me sick.
This **** is retarded. We don't need to make a new thread to discuss the same genre of music, just so that you guys can pretend it's not the same ****ing genre of music.

Ulthwe
04-26-2009, 02:58 PM
But you know for a fact that most of the DM thread regs don't like deathcore, why not just have a separate thread so you don't have to deal with people derailing the thread.

hismajestythepope
04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Because it doesn't matter if half the people who post in the thread don't like the bands, because this isn't just your forum. Kids discuss ****ing Haste The Day in the metalcore thread, should we make a mainstream metalcore thread then?

Ulthwe
04-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Honestly I'm just sick of the bitching overall, when we had the deathcore thread it really wasn't an issue, but I mean ENC is whoring his bands in the regular DM thread and that's just unacceptable.

hismajestythepope
04-26-2009, 03:02 PM
OMG a poster you don't like is posting?

Protip: death heads thread was getting dumb before it was split, both threads got dumber when they got split.

Edit: the point is, people shouldn't care that you guys don't know what hardcore is

Ulthwe
04-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Why do you honestly care, no one is making you post in the deathcore thread, I just think it acts well as a sort of peace keeper so some of the other users can post about deathcore in there without having other users attack them for posting the same bands in the regular DM thread, honestly I don't get after people for it nor do I care a ton.

hismajestythepope
04-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Because we don't need to make up genres to keep peace. It's ridiculous, just grow up and realize as many kids on this forum like new death metal. I only made a big deal when there was AN ACTUAL DISCUSSION GOING ON and it got killed because you jackasses don't even know what ****ing hardcore sounds like.

hismajestythepope
04-26-2009, 03:10 PM
http://sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528770&page=1360

Seriously, light "deathcore" discussion going on, no real arguing going on.

You guys are complaining about absolutely nothing.

pate
04-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Next person to mention deathcore in this thread is getting a ban.

imadinosaur
04-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Lee's a mod? When did this occur?

Probably while I was gone, huh.....drrrrrr

imperialblackness
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey how come I can log in here alright but when I go to the review site and try to log in it says my password is wrong?

Tyler
04-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Have you changed your password recently? There's a delay.

Also, you should take it to the correct forum:
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95

Lee's a mod? When did this occur?
About two months ago maybe? When we had the guy spamming pics of him.

Tyler
04-26-2009, 11:09 PM
ATTN: Aaron.

Why do you keep stealing my avatars and location?

nevertoolate
04-26-2009, 11:20 PM
And comment....
btw love Mr Rons take on kid'n'play

hismajestythepope
04-27-2009, 03:16 AM
ATTN Lee on the deathcore discussion:
All I want to point out is, the old attempted deathcore thread failed.

Why? Nobody wanted to talk about deathcore. They wanted to talk about bad nu-death bands with too many breakdowns, and that's about it.

Were I to say, anybody like WBCC (liked by some of the deathcore fans on here), then ADB or H&D will come in and be like WBCC sucks, this band (that isn't deathcore, just monotonous deaht metal with too many breakdowns) is so much better.

And yeah. much more frustating situation than having kids discussing the GOOD deathcore bands in a non confrontational manner and then population transition to more oldschool stuff as different users log in and off.

It's basically a, we don't need a new thread situation. It's a Steve And Mike and whoever else complained about "poopty deathcore" blah blah blah, do you guys realize that the death metal thread was like, wanna talk about grind? alright? wanna talk about BM? Sure why the **** not? etc.

That fact that this is how that thread started, and now it's this petty little war of "THIS SUBEGENRE IS NOT 100% PURE DEATH METAL" really irritates me.

Nobody cares if you don't like a band. You can say you don't without it derailing a thread into an argument about what is and isn't real death metal or whatever.

DBlitz
04-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Why? Nobody wanted to talk about deathcore. They wanted to talk about bad nu-death bands with too many breakdowns, and that's about it.
so? who the **** cares, just continue doing that and talk about your "real deathcore" there. right now you are the only one who's irritated and bitching (creating "whitebelt" and "commercial metalcore" to somehow get your retarded point across), i bet the deathcore regs and the any other death head regs are happy that there's a new thread.

The Feeding
04-27-2009, 10:14 AM
<3 for new threads

DBlitz
04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
steve = angmar
mike = ... txus?

pate
04-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Once again, let's get the deathcore arguing out of this thread.

Txus
04-27-2009, 03:33 PM
steve = angmar
mike = ... txus?

yep

jcs: aww :)

thomasj12e34
04-27-2009, 09:38 PM
i agree with mappy the amount of new threads is getting ridiculous

witchxrapist
04-27-2009, 11:32 PM
A legitimate point: answering people's questions, and explaining why a thread doesn't need to be split isn't spamming. **** you guys.

hxciluvatarhxc
04-27-2009, 11:35 PM
I respectfully ask that you left this ban, as 1. It was a single post, stop being stupid and 2. I need the priviliges on my other account for more than just lurking the comm thread like most people here.

Permanent Solution
04-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Maybe you shouldn't spam then js

hxciluvatarhxc
04-27-2009, 11:40 PM
I also wasn't exactly spamming, considering the point of my post was to tell them to shut the **** up about it no one cares. Oh god I threw a bad molestation joke in, it wasn't a pointless post.

Nostalgia
04-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Oh god I threw a bad molestation joke in

woah, i know youre mad, but there's no such thing as a bad molestation joke.

Permanent Solution
04-27-2009, 11:42 PM
I'll lift it before I go to bed tonight but really you guys need to learn to stfu when we tell you to (twice) and we can mod the thread ourselves thx :-*

Austin don't spam my thread >:[

hxciluvatarhxc
04-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Never said I was modding just said it wasn't pointless. Thank you for the attention.

witchxrapist
04-28-2009, 12:09 AM
I'll lift it before I go to bed tonight but really you guys need to learn to stfu when we tell you to (twice) and we can mod the thread ourselves thx :-*

Austin don't spam my thread >:[

No but seriously, you can chill the **** out with the power trip.

the2stranger
04-28-2009, 05:01 AM
/Test.

I can't post in the community thread.
It keeps telling me I need to wait 30 seconds between posts, but I haven't even made a post.
:-\

Anyone else experiencing this too?

EDIT:
Nevermind, it's already fixed apparantly.
Slow server or something I guess.

rasputin
04-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Yeah I've had that before too, your post appears after a while. Don't try to post it lots of times because each post will come up :P

the2stranger
04-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I noticed that.
I looked at the page after a while and there were 4 identical posts of mine.
:lol:
I deleted them except for one.

adb
05-01-2009, 07:13 PM
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566211&page=8

please close

Jaundice
05-02-2009, 04:02 PM
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573827
nooooooo!

adb
05-04-2009, 03:46 AM
silverfangs spamming this thread. Wheres the ban?
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566211&page=8

please close

For the love of GOD, someone CLOSE THIS

it should have been closed ages ago, has been bumped a bunch of times, etc.

THANKS

Tyler
05-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Lee's 'friend' is back. Some of his posts have been up for nearly an hour now.

Edit: Some posts have been up for nearly 1h10m.

EDIT: Nevermind then. Goatse and gay animal photographs has been up for almost an hour and a half at this point.

edit: A second time his image hosting has outpaced the mods.

hismajestythepope
05-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Seriously, mods care enough to ban people for "spamming" this thread (aka explaining something to somebody else), but that **** can get left up forever.

Wish
05-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Maybe all the mods that check in here were offline. I can assure you it wasn't intentional to leave the posts that long.
Lee's 'friend' is back. Some of his posts have been up for nearly an hour now.

Edit: Some posts have been up for nearly 1h10m.

EDIT: Nevermind then. Goatse and gay animal photographs has been up for almost an hour and a half at this point.

edit: A second time his image hosting has outpaced the mods.
It's taken care of.

hismajestythepope
05-07-2009, 02:54 AM
You're a terrible person, leaving those posts up intentionally. You should be ashamed moderator Wish... I'm willing to forgive you, but I just don't want you thinking I'm soft.

Aaron
05-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Three cheers for Wish! I grant you three, er, wishes!

Ulthwe
05-21-2009, 10:48 PM
How is campaigning for a new mod spam? :confused:

Ulthwe
05-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Why was I the only one banned?

This is unfair I demand justice!

Ulthwe
05-21-2009, 10:57 PM
I was part of a league to spread the word, in fact the creator himself wasn't even banned, you sir are bias!

imperialblackness
05-30-2009, 12:19 PM
so this might sound dumb but how do you change what you are "digging"?

Tyler
05-30-2009, 12:39 PM
first, go to the correct forum

second, find the album on sputnik you want to dig

at the top of the album page, click 'dig'.

imperialblackness
05-30-2009, 01:10 PM
oh whats the correct forum for this? lol i suck at this stuff.

and I did that but it didnt change it, when I post here it still shows my last one but on the review site it shows the one that I just picked

Tyler
05-30-2009, 01:11 PM
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95

There's probably still a layover. I assume it'll change soon.

imperialblackness
05-30-2009, 02:01 PM
ok thanks

Tyler
06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/member.php?u=53691

this idiot needs to stop advertising his shitty blog

Wish
06-04-2009, 01:30 PM
You're right.

Thanks.

the2stranger
06-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Can anyone please enlighten me as to why Sputnik doesn't remember the colour skin preference?
I like the dark/green skin, but it always changes back to the light skin if I open my browser.
Before it stayed the way I liked it.

MBS
06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
sputnikmusic.com/forums and musicianforums.com/forums will have different skin settings

RouteOne
06-11-2009, 02:40 PM
they got rid of the classic forum skin which was the best

Wish
06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Can anyone please enlighten me as to why Sputnik doesn't remember the colour skin preference?
I like the dark/green skin, but it always changes back to the light skin if I open my browser.
Before it stayed the way I liked it.
Check what's set in User CP. http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions - right down at the bottom.

the2stranger
06-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Awesome.

/Changes.
/Imaginary rep.

Thanks.

MBS
06-11-2009, 03:15 PM

was that grey? cause i miss grey :(

Tyler
06-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Turquoise if I recall.

RouteOne
06-11-2009, 11:41 PM
green-ish blue or sommat

Tyler
06-11-2009, 11:43 PM
yes that'd be turquoise,

i just realized it was gone

nevertoolate
06-12-2009, 12:01 AM

circumcised??

TimJim
06-12-2009, 01:26 PM
lololol

BAN

Freiheit
06-27-2009, 11:49 AM
oh hai what mod banned me for "racism"?

*mr. won*

Angmar
06-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Probably Dave.

1338 h4x0r
06-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Dave's a big fag

How big can a custom avatar be?

Tyler
06-27-2009, 04:32 PM
all avatars gotta be 100x100 only admins can add bigger ones i think

1338 h4x0r
06-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah that's what I'm asking

I have an avatar 100x100 of a little less than 800kb (there's the rub) which I'd like to use

http://i41.tinypic.com/rrnxw9.gif

Tyler
06-27-2009, 05:02 PM
that's definitely too huge it still has to be under the 19kb size limit which is next to impossible with gifs

1338 h4x0r
06-27-2009, 05:09 PM
ah hell

I'll brb with a static avatar

1338 h4x0r
06-27-2009, 05:23 PM
k I'd like this one plox

http://i40.tinypic.com/29w011w.jpg

Tyler
06-27-2009, 05:24 PM
that isn't 100x100

1338 h4x0r
06-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Neither is my current avatar

In fact both of them are 175 ^ 2

So......

Angmar
06-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Mods used to be able to give big avas but they can't anymore only admins can and ours don't log in so...

Nostalgia
06-27-2009, 05:36 PM
why do mods even ban anymore? i mean this forum really doesnt have any mods and the only time they ever show up is to ban every user they see.

Angmar
06-27-2009, 05:40 PM
It's not RM mods who really ban it's other ones who catch them doing something horrible like making a black joke, which really doesn't happen much at all anymore.

Like Ron was banned for making a black joke in the Anal Cunt Michael Jackson thread when many other users were and weren't banned, it's stupid.

pate
06-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Like Ron was banned for making a black joke in the Anal Cunt Michael Jackson thread when many other users were and weren't banned, it's stupid.

The others didn't use a certain word that he did.

1338 h4x0r
06-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Words are just words

They're not fucking magic spells for Christ's sake

Why ban Mr. Ron for saying the same thing as everyone else, semantically speaking?

Or should we just use Pig Latin: ix-nay on the igger-nay

pate
06-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Words are just words

Except that you can't use certain words on this forum.

Jaundice
06-27-2009, 09:19 PM
by that logic, wouldn't the N word be equally as acceptable or unacceptable as all the other filtered words?

Hollerdaddycaust
06-27-2009, 09:20 PM
no hard feelings

i never thought of the K word as something exceptionally harsh to people. maybe cuz there are no J words (i'm not taking any chances) in Australia

Tyler
06-27-2009, 09:47 PM
As I see it, it's not so much the word, it's the fact that juvenile children like 1338 took relatively inconsequential epithets and turned them into bad jokes, then proceeded to run those bad jokes into the ground. I'm not excusing the meaning of the words, but I definitely think the enforcing that has come about is a result of their over-saturation more than their initial usage.

Jaundice
06-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Relatively inconsequential epithets should be the new attempts @ verisimilitude. The way I see it.

Hollerdaddycaust
06-27-2009, 09:54 PM
As I see it, it's not so much the word, it's the fact that juvenile children like 1338 took relatively inconsequential epithets and turned them into bad jokes, then proceeded to run those bad jokes into the ground. I'm not excusing the meaning of the words, but I definitely think the enforcing that has come about is a result of their over-saturation more than their initial usage.

true

in any case, I was parroting what was in BRA's post elim linked to (***fest '08). I was quite in awed disbelief

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549633

Angmar
06-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Ya pretty funny considering a mod edited the title of that thread.

I miss Riva =(

MBS
06-28-2009, 10:28 PM
ahahahahaha i remember kikefest 08

and that was jom who edited the thread title

darksideoftheled: i am sorry to hear that you dislike our community :-(
Valhall2007: I am sorry that R&M is that immature, whoever you are.
darksideoftheled: don't you think you take it a BIT too seriously though
darksideoftheled: like seriously, if you didn't react to everything that they did, they'd probably leave you alone
Valhall2007: I and the people I work with have to react when it goes outside of MX onto a valid website that promotes our stuff.
Valhall2007: Any artist has to be aware of things being plastered all over thier sites.
darksideoftheled: i am excited for kikefest 08
Valhall2007 signed off at 7:49:38 PM.

:(

lmao, that was awesome

Angmar
06-28-2009, 10:34 PM
ahh ok still a mod though

asSi1v3RfaNgsburn
07-02-2009, 06:25 PM
so was I the only one banned for a ****ing year, even though I wasn't the only one who linked to porn

Morbus
07-02-2009, 07:32 PM
ya well haven't you figured out mods ban based on how much they like the person ugh!

Iluvatar
07-02-2009, 08:01 PM
so was I the only one banned for a ****ing year, even though I wasn't the only one who linked to animal photographs

did you actually have a link up that a mod saw?

asSi1v3RfaNgsburn
07-02-2009, 08:02 PM
they can see deleted posts dawg

Iluvatar
07-02-2009, 08:03 PM
no **** dumbass answer the question

asSi1v3RfaNgsburn
07-02-2009, 08:08 PM
idk I posted one and deleted it like a minute later

it was a link to japanese animal photographs cover titled "Suck the Dicks"

nevertoolate
07-02-2009, 08:10 PM
and was hottt

asSi1v3RfaNgsburn
07-11-2009, 04:27 PM
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=558303

bumping a year old thread

encmetalhead
07-11-2009, 04:29 PM
It was a retrospective bump and it's going to die again so why worry about it?

asSi1v3RfaNgsburn
07-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I didn't know retrospective bumps were allowed, mr. great poster enc! My bad!

encmetalhead
07-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Just stop being a douche, only topic i've made that have had a bit of success have been Darkest Hour and Melo-Death

Si1v3RfaNg
07-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey guys what are some bands like Circle Takes the Square or Gospel, I need some good emo/screamo. Like classic albums.

the2stranger
07-14-2009, 06:34 AM
There's a n00d posted in the Photo album thread.
:(

the2stranger
07-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Suggestion:
People should get a perma ban, for doing anything what so ever against the rules.
This is only for the first 100 posts on an account.

Tyler
07-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Just a little self-promoting trying to get some traffic to my site

http://audiopinions.net

and new interview
http://audiopinions.net/interviews/featured-unsigned-band-the-glass-gentlemen/

non-sequitur advertising

asSi1v3RfaNgsburn
07-19-2009, 12:43 AM
un-sticky

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569141&page=7

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576228

TimJim
07-19-2009, 10:35 AM
there is shock porn in the user summaries thread
http://sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576228&page=14

Angmar
07-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Ya please sticky the User Summaries and get rid of the top albums of 2008 and songwriting competition threads.

imperialblackness
07-19-2009, 10:17 PM
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571235&page=1558

this page is giving me a seizure

Angmar
08-05-2009, 04:42 PM
http://sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576287

Can a mod close this? The competition is over and Silverfang is just using it as an excuse to post covers no one cares about.

Angmar
08-11-2009, 10:17 PM
http://sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576969

Give this sad thread the proper burial it needs..........

Shred Danson
08-15-2009, 12:41 AM
I haven't been on here in ****ing forever so I dunno what's been going on but I'd like to go ahead and request my name be changed to Shred Danson since it's ****ing awesome and icb sucks..and also my avatar changed to http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/proanor/danson.jpg (I'd do it myself but..no computer. On my iPhone. Chicka chicka yeah) so yeah if one of you boy toys, er, mods could hook a nig up, I'll suck you off. Or at least be very thankful.

Wish
08-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Okay.

Shred Danson
08-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanx xoxo

FatalEnergy
08-15-2009, 03:28 PM
What the ****?

I've been asking for a name change for three years and I just get told to **** off.

Shred Danson
08-15-2009, 04:42 PM
That's cause you ain't sexy like me girl

Tyler
08-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Nah, Wish just got admin'd after our previous child-loving waffle-star didnt have the time.

ICB, the new name is good and all but ugh it isnt the same.

Tyler
08-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Um Mr. Cocaine I am also an administrator
Yes, but you weren't in the thread.

Silenius
08-15-2009, 11:12 PM
I'd like to report that someone modded Tyler on accident.

Tyler
08-15-2009, 11:16 PM
I was going to edit that to say "modded Tyler out of sheer awesomeness" but I figured that might support your point if anything.

Shred Danson
08-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Um Mr. Cocaine I am also an administrator

And I will ban Mr. Trevor if he doesn't revert to his ICB name immediately

WTF man ICB is so 2007 :/ this is change you can believe in goddammit

Shred Danson
08-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Also asdemonsburn had his name changed to adb...DO YOU KNOW HOW DIRTY THAT MAKES ME FEEL?! :mad:

Anglachel
08-16-2009, 12:25 AM
its a diff acc

adb
08-16-2009, 12:30 AM
yeah I got permbanned on my asdemonsburn account for no reason

TimJim
08-16-2009, 12:31 AM
unbann asdemonsburn and merge adb with it plz

adb
08-16-2009, 12:31 AM
that would be nice

please Wish :)

Shred Danson
08-16-2009, 12:37 AM
I still feel dirty ****

Silenius
08-16-2009, 04:53 AM
I was going to edit that to say "modded Tyler out of sheer awesomeness" but I figured that might support your point if anything.

Haha I think you're well suited to be a mod tbh congrats man.

Permanent Solution
08-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Haha I think you're well suited to be a mod tbh congrats man.

I don't.

I mean....

Congrats <_<

Tyler
08-16-2009, 02:21 PM
It's okay, I saw the secret forum and I know about all the people slamming me behind the scenes. Don't really recall you as one of them.

Stevie
08-16-2009, 03:48 PM
any way i could get my original stevie account back? it's permabanned along with every other stevie account

even if it's banned for a year or something i'd have it back now if i hadn't posted a nudie pic in the photos thread - i used to get real drunk and end up doing things id regret but im a changed man im out of rehab and im not even touching the stuff so if i had something to work towards itd really put my life back on track

rockcruise
08-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Is there an events thread?

Wish
08-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Events?

Txus
08-16-2009, 04:07 PM
I guess he means Concerts and stuff like that.

Aaron
08-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Best way to keep out for gigs and that is through blogs from local zines tbh.

Neur0heiler
08-23-2009, 03:35 AM
eyo b

there's mad spam of an anus taking a messy dump in graphic detail

Meatplow
08-23-2009, 03:42 AM
aye, i've noticed

not much I can do but try to ban a few accounts here and there, i'm not sure how to handle the rest so i'll have to wait until someone who does logs on

I would advise not to click on any threads at least

Stevie
08-23-2009, 04:33 AM
these attacks are little more than a mild irritation

Meatplow
08-23-2009, 04:41 AM
Yeah. I lifted the ban on your account, I haven't seen you being a prick to anyone or spamming n00ds in the whole time i've been here so I guess its okay.

AA-12
08-23-2009, 04:46 AM
while you're at it you should unban ghoul hunter

>_>

Wish
08-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Give me a minute.

Wish
08-23-2009, 05:02 AM
Okay, R&M should be good to go. Please link to anything nasty you see in here.

Stevie
08-23-2009, 05:08 AM
hey thanks

Jaundice
08-24-2009, 12:38 PM
so what happens when a thread isnt on the first two pages

rasputin
08-24-2009, 12:39 PM
search function

Jaundice
08-24-2009, 12:45 PM
its kind of dysfunctional i find

rasputin
08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
search dysfunction

Morumbar
08-24-2009, 01:47 PM
I know the digging function has been a bit messed up for a long time (it usually takes about two weeks for it to change). That's why I basically wanted to have no dig anymore. Some users said that it'd disappear after a while if I had no artist in the digging list. It won't disappear, though. Can one of the mods maybe take it away?

Wish
08-24-2009, 09:38 PM
We cannot. It isn't a forum thing, but a review site thing.

Meatplow
08-24-2009, 09:40 PM
so what happens when a thread isnt on the first two pages

apart from the search function there is an important thread index stickied up the top

Jaundice
08-24-2009, 10:57 PM
hey meatplow ban thomasj he's getting in the way of our grindcores

Tyler
08-24-2009, 11:08 PM
ill clean the thread up

but fyi you're in the wrong too. dont ask us to ban people please

Jaundice
08-24-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry.

Tyler
08-24-2009, 11:14 PM
It's okay. Thanks for reporting that.

RouteOne
08-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Yes, I would like to report a problem.

Well, its not exactly a bad problem, more like a delicious problem.

Ya' see, I'm sitting here snackin on some of these corn pops and I just can't stop chompin' and i'm on my third bowl. I just gotta have my pops! Should I seek a doctor's opinion????

Tyler
08-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Corn Pops are an elite snack. You're going to be fine.

RouteOne
08-24-2009, 11:21 PM
*phew*

Thank goodness

Deth
08-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Corn Pops are an elite snack. You're going to be fine.

heil Alan Moore's Swamp Thing

most elegant and genius re-imagining of a character I've seen

Tyler
08-24-2009, 11:45 PM
heil Alan Moore's Swamp Thing

most elegant and genius re-imagining of a character I've seen

I will reply to this in the Comm. thread to keep this one proper.