PDA

View Full Version : Opeth

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Jude
09-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Faith-what song? (I got owned by the page change twice in a row today)

Opeth aren't death metal.... and especially not on the new album. I thought it would have a better spot but I'm going to buy it soon....
Well, close enough to death metal that the average American isn't going to go buy their album or get into them...

Moses
09-07-2005, 09:27 PM
I knew what you meant, I just felt like being an asshole.

Either way Arch Enemy debuted in the top 40 and I would think Opeth would have been higher.

Hells Bells
09-07-2005, 09:28 PM
#64??? For the US charts, that's awesome.

Jude
09-07-2005, 09:30 PM
I knew what you meant, I just felt like being an asshole.

Either way Arch Enemy debuted in the top 40 and I would think Opeth would have been higher.

I would call them progressive death metal if I had to, but usually I just call them metal. It's a good enough label. In any case, they aren't the kind of thing that sells a lot of albums in the US mainstream.

Hells Bells
09-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, that's why I was surprised that they did so well.

Jude
09-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah, that's why I was surprised that they did so well.
I have no clue who buys that many Opeth albums in the US. I barely know any people that have heard of them, much less buy their album when it comes out.

Hells Bells
09-07-2005, 09:45 PM
I know one person who's even heard of Arch Enemy, and they did better than Opeth. I'm from Canada, but the music scene is pretty much the same here as it is in the US.

Det_Nosnip
09-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Arch Enemy gets alot more support from stuff like Headbanger's Ball and whatnot, though.

Hells Bells
09-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Right...hehe, I forgot about the Headbangers Ball. Then again, I don't have MTV, and even if I did, I hardly ever watch tv, so I wouldn't have paid attention to it anyway.

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 03:59 AM
Well, Opeth was just on Headbanger's ball, which could be the beginning of them getting just as much support as Arch Enemy and other bands. I am sort of against that though, even though they do deserve the attention.

Dannyboy15
09-08-2005, 04:03 AM
I like that Opeth are getting some fame. They deserve it. As long as it doesn't affect the music.

C.O.A.
09-08-2005, 04:06 AM
does anybody know if nevermore is going to play with opeth at the house of blues in hollywood? cuz im going either way, but i'd like to know for sure

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 04:11 AM
does anybody know if nevermore is going to play with opeth at the house of blues in hollywood? cuz im going either way, but i'd like to know for sure
Since they are going on tour together, I think it's pretty safe to assume so.

C.O.A.
09-08-2005, 04:13 AM
oh , ok. i couldn't find out for sure if they were touring together. thanks

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 04:23 AM
I'm not 100% sure either, but I'm just assuming that they will.

the2stranger
09-08-2005, 04:37 AM
I don't accuse Opeth of selling out, but I would have liked it better if they signed with another label like peaceville or season of mist.

roadrunner brings along a lot of bad fans imo (nu-metal)

Deth
09-08-2005, 06:46 AM
That is true, Roadrunner brings the wrong crowd along.

Hells Bells
09-08-2005, 09:51 AM
That might not be a bad thing, maybe Opeth will introduce people in that crowd to some good music.

DuncMaster
09-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I don't accuse Opeth of selling out, but I would have liked it better if they signed with another label like peaceville or season of mist.

roadrunner brings along a lot of bad fans imo (nu-metal)

As long is the music is good then why the funk should you give a crap what record label it is?

I don't.

Hells Bells
09-08-2005, 09:56 AM
As long is the music is good then why the funk should you give a crap what record label it is?

I don't.

Exactly :thumb:

But I guess some people might think that with a bigger label there'll be more pressure on the band to change their sound.

EdwardTheGreat
09-08-2005, 10:30 AM
What album is best to get if you're new to Opeth, dont really like death metal, but love the dark, softer stuff they do. I dont hate death metal, but I love the stuff they do in Harvest or Windowpane (the only 2 songs I've heard). Has any one album mainly got those sort of songs on it? Classic Rock said the new album was superb, so I was thinking of getting that.

iofsuicide
09-08-2005, 10:40 AM
What album is best to get if you're new to Opeth, dont really like death metal, but love the dark, softer stuff they do. I dont hate death metal, but I love the stuff they do in Harvest or Windowpane (the only 2 songs I've heard). Has any one album mainly got those sort of songs on it? Classic Rock said the new album was superb, so I was thinking of getting that.

well if you like the softer stuff, ****ation is pretty much all softer stuff, probably most accesible to you if thats what you prefer, although you say you dont really like death metal, ive got a few mates who ive played opeth to who are far from death metal fans, and theyve gotten really into, so id listen to some of the stuff which isnt all soft and just give it time, maybe best trying something like Blackwater Park or Still Life, although they are all great :D

iofsuicide
09-08-2005, 10:45 AM
hey, i saw opeth last night in Manchester and they kicked ***! ive seen some people moaning about the set list but all the songs were great, although i may have swapped baying of the hounds for ghost of perdition, at the end of the day when you've got 8 albums worth of material your not going to be able to please everyone, but they had a good mix covering most of their albums, the ****ation tracks were very good, personal favs were Drapery Falls, Grand Conjuration and Demon of the fall, my neck is very sore today!!!

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 01:46 PM

I don't.
Well, do you actually like the mallcore kids that run around and annoy the piss out of everyone they find? Roadrunner is going to whore Opeth out so that everyone will be a fan of Opeth. Althout the music will be good, they lose their novelty. Right now, they seem to be one of those bands that only musicians perfer.

Damnation is all soft acoustic or clean songs, so that may the be the best choice for you. Nextn you should get the newest album, Ghost Reveries. There is a lot of soft stufff on it, and less death vocals than any other album besides Damnation.

Jude
09-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Damnation is all soft acoustic or clean songs, so that may the be the best choice for you. Nextn you should get the newest album, Ghost Reveries. There is a lot of soft stufff on it, and less death vocals than any other album besides Damnation.

Quite. I bought ****ation first and loved it, because it's all mellow stuff. It doesn't have the same feel as some of the earlier acoustic interludes from the old school albums, but it's a great album. After that I downloaded Ghost Reveries (this was early August, it got leaked) and dug it. It helped that it didn't have so much growling. I downloaded all the albums (except Deliverance, which I still want) off someone, and right now Still Life is my favorite, followed by Blackwater Park, and both feature really heavy songs with lots of growling, which I still don't really like but don't mind so much. If you're put off by the death vocals, you'll probably still come to enjoy Opeth through the same kind of path I did.

Stay clear of Orchid until you're sure you like them, though. It's kind of raw and almost black-metally, and way more harsh than the other albums.

'To Bid You Farewell' and 'Face Of Melinda' are great songs that have metal parts but no growling.

Shazzam
09-08-2005, 03:35 PM
How exactly do you pronounce Opeth?

I say Oh-peth, but have also heard people say Opp-eth.

I think I say it right, but i'm just not sure.

craggyisland
09-08-2005, 03:36 PM
hey, i saw opeth last night in Manchester and they kicked ***! ive seen some people moaning about the set list but all the songs were great, although i may have swapped baying of the hounds for ghost of perdition, at the end of the day when you've got 8 albums worth of material your not going to be able to please everyone, but they had a good mix covering most of their albums, the ****ation tracks were very good, personal favs were Drapery Falls, Grand Conjuration and Demon of the fall, my neck is very sore today!!!
Hey man, so did I, it was fucking awesome. Although The Leper Affinity/A Fair Judgement would have been nice, but we got Face of Melinda, which I didn't expect at all. I took one of my friends who had previously listened to one Opeth track (and that was Windowpane), and he's now saving up to buy all the albums. :cool:

i am the robots
09-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Haha, great work craggyisland.

Blanka Flip
09-08-2005, 03:55 PM
That might not be a bad thing, maybe Opeth will introduce people in that crowd to some good music.

This is true, and it's the first time I've thought of it that way. Look at some of the bands still on Roadrunner though. A good majority of the good bands left havn't had any trouble with their music being affected. Example: One of the best heavy albums in along time to come from america was on Roadrunner. Devildriver's Fury of Our Maker's Hand :thumb:

And of course that was before Ghost Reveries, so. Guys, I've worried about it, but I'm over it. I don't think Mike and the guys are going to be pushed around by the industry. GR certainly gave us some good hope there.

i am the robots
09-08-2005, 03:57 PM
/agrees with Blanka

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 04:07 PM
This is true, and it's the first time I've thought of it that way. Look at some of the bands still on Roadrunner though. A good majority of the good bands left havn't had any trouble with their music being affected. Example: One of the best heavy albums in along time to come from america was on Roadrunner. Devildriver's Fury of Our Maker's Hand :thumb:

And of course that was before Ghost Reveries, so. Guys, I've worried about it, but I'm over it. I don't think Mike and the guys are going to be pushed around by the industry. GR certainly gave us some good hope there.
I hate DevilDriver with a passion. Lamest excuse for death metal I've ever heard. I think they are a very poor example to use. I don't think the media is going to change Opeth, I just don't want to deal with idiots who won't look into the music. I will be constantly getting in arguments with them and pummeling them at shows. I hate scene kids, especially the metal ones.

Blanka Flip
09-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I hate DevilDriver with a passion. Lamest excuse for death metal I've ever heard. I think they are a very poor example to use. I don't think the media is going to change Opeth, I just don't want to deal with idiots who won't look into the music. I will be constantly getting in arguments with them and pummeling them at shows. I hate scene kids, especially the metal ones.

Not to cause an arguement, but I don't belive they are suppost to be deathmetal. The way I look at it is this: When was the last time a band from the heart of America came out with a record that is streight metal with none of the lame b.s in between? I didn't like them at first either, I thought they were really lame... But I saw them live and it changed everything. Opeth loves them, I love them. Especially the new one.

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Not to cause an arguement, but I don't belive they are suppost to be deathmetal. The way I look at it is this: When was the last time a band from the heart of America came out with a record that is streight metal with none of the lame b.s in between? I didn't like them at first either, I thought they were really lame... But I saw them live and it changed everything. Opeth loves them, I love them. Especially the new one.
I actually own the album with 'I Could Care Less' and I downloaded the new album because of one song that I heard a clip of. I don't like either one. I saw them live as well, at SotU and Dez(I think that's his name) was up there preaching about how death metal they were and that all the death kids should be beating the hell out of the hardcore kids because hardcore music was for pussies. He pissed me off badly, so I threw jerk chicken at him while he was performing. I don't like much american metal actually. American's suck at metal(j/k of course :p).

Darkness
09-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Devildriver were ok at SOTU, nothing to mindblowing. Better then some other bands there though... (Clutch...Lamb of God...etc.)

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I liked Clutch. They were a nice change from everything else that was there. I like LoG but they get old so easily, and they suck live.

Darkness
09-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Clutch were just oddly out of place, and generally sounded like crap. LoG was just bad. Everything about them.

i am the robots
09-08-2005, 06:20 PM
I was supposed to go to SOTU, but I couldn't make it [shakes fist in general direction of my parents' room], but my friends went, they said the best groups were Opeth, Lamb Of God, and Unearth, and my friend Andrew said Clutch was just fine, but I dunno, maybe they just sucked at the show you went to.

Darkness
09-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Unearth was good. But Clutch just generally sounded bad, not bad quality but I just didn't like the music at all. The guitar tried to much to sound like it was from the 70s and it destroyed the music.

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 06:24 PM
I liked Unearth, Opeth, and FBtMoF. The other bands were all pretty decent except a couple, but I wasn't into them as much. I had never heard Clutch up until that point so when they started playing, I was like 'Wtf? This rocks!". They played right before Lamb of God, so it was a big surprise. I liked them.

Jude
09-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Random, but I was just over on the official Opeth forum and I can't believe the number of douchebags who are talking about how the album is 'a sellout' and 'a good prog album but a bad metal album.' One guy actually made a ranting post about how the album should have been black metal because Mikael said it might be right after D&D, and then berated it because it wasn't black metal on all these different levels. Christ.

i am the robots
09-08-2005, 06:27 PM
It's called "idiocy" Jude, we're surrounded with it...

OfSins&Shred
09-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey man, so did I, it was fucking awesome. Although The Leper Affinity/A Fair Judgement would have been nice, but we got Face of Melinda, which I didn't expect at all. I took one of my friends who had previously listened to one Opeth track (and that was Windowpane), and he's now saving up to buy all the albums. :cool:

do you reckon you could give us a setlist??

cheers

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 06:32 PM
It's nowhere near a sellout album. If you listen to it, how could anyone not see that it is a logical progression from their older work? It's a bit different, but it's definately not bad.

Darkness
09-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Perhaps due to the lack of Death Vocals?

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Overall it is not as heavy as past albums, added to the lack of death vocals :p

But... Opeth aren't a death band so people shouldn't be complaining.

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 06:54 PM
How exactly do you pronounce Opeth?

I say Oh-peth, but have also heard people say Opp-eth.

I saw the commercial for Ghost Reveries and the announcer guy said it Opp-eth.

Reflection
09-08-2005, 07:06 PM
On the DVD Mikael pronounces it O-peth.

Darkness
09-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah, and thats how he says it at every other live performance. And thats how I've always said it. :D

Arrakakaka
09-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Same here.

Futuro
09-08-2005, 07:54 PM
which opeth album has a good blend of Growling and screaming? im having a hard time finding a place to start with them.

Edit: awsome i got my 4th star :cool:

Deth
09-08-2005, 07:58 PM
which opeth album has a good blend of Growling and screaming? im having a hard time finding a place to start with them.

Blackwater Park seems to be the quintessential starting point for the successful fan. I would recommend this also.

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Either Still Life or Blackwater Park. They both rule illegal ammounts of ass.

I'd say Blackwater would be the better starting point. That's what I started with.

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 07:59 PM

Blackwater Park is the best starter album I believe. It has a nice blend of every side to Opeth.

Lucky you, I wish I had stars but I guess people don't think I'm good enough :p

EDIT: Hah, I was beaten twice.

Futuro
09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Lucky you, I wish I had stars but I guess people don't think I'm good enough Meh, theres no real use for rep, and having it is over rated (IMO) *The best part is writing funny things in people user Cp
* huh? I didnt say anything :p

Ill definetly check out Blackwater park since it was recommended THIS much. Ill try and pick it up tommorow and tell you guyswhat i think about it.

thanks dudes :wave:

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
All that Kool-Aid makes me quick like that.

I wish I had stars, too.
/dreams

Deth
09-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Dreaming won't get you anywhere.

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Damn, not quick enough.

But my mommy says if I can dream it, I can do it.

Deth
09-08-2005, 08:11 PM
You should kill her for lying to you.

Lay off on the kool-aid as well. You'll be on heroin before you know it.

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 08:27 PM
If it tastes as good as Kool-Aid I just might.

Deth
09-08-2005, 08:29 PM
:lol: Sure, if you mix 'em right.

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Kool-Aid is ghetto juice.

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Don't make fun of my Kool-Aid.

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Being fom da ghetto is a good thang.

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 08:36 PM
It's true. You get all the fried chicken and Kool-Aid you want.

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 08:38 PM
:lol: We are ruining this thread. I'm going to leave before I get too carried away.

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Big Momma would be ashamed if you left without eating your cornbread.

Darkness
09-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Back to Opeth people...

Blanka Flip
09-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Back to Opeth people...

Yes, good point. Let's see... Thank God for Opeth! :thumb:

RouteOne
09-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Iz dat cornbread I smells b0ss?

Darkness
09-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Agreed. :D

I really hope they come here with Nevermore though... otherwise, I will have lost all interest in the band...:(

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Opeth is fun. Which to pirate next? My Arms Your Hearse or Deliverance?

Darkness
09-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Both. :D

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Seems like a plan. Arrr.

/pirates

Darkness
09-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Ha! Take that Opeth! Maybe next time you say your coming back to Edmonton, you will!

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Hahaha. I'll buy all the great albums, eventually. Eventually...

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 10:29 PM
I just need Still Life and Patterns in the Ivy and I'll have them all. :D

Darkness
09-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Patterns in the Ivy isn't an album... :confused:

Killtacular
09-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Perhaps he meant Blackwater Park?

Darkness
09-08-2005, 10:32 PM
What Opeth fan doesn't have Blackwater Park? Its like being a hardcore Zep fan and not knowing what Stairway to Heaven is.

Det_Nosnip
09-08-2005, 10:52 PM
I still can't believe that Opeth is touring with Nevermore. :eek:

Darkness
09-08-2005, 10:55 PM
They've done it before, their good friends.

Hells Bells
09-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Ahh Opeth and Nevermore on the same tour :D
I've never seen Opeth live before, and Nevermore got a whole 20 minutes at Gigantour.

Heh, coincidentally, I picked up GR and This Godless Endeavor at the same time, before I found out that the bands were touring together.

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Patterns in the Ivy isn't an album... :confused:
Oops, I meant Still Day Beneath The Sun :p

It's a single they have, which has the tracks 'Still Day Beneath the Sun' and 'Patterns in the Ivy II'.

bball_1523
09-08-2005, 11:35 PM
you east coasters are lucky you get Nevermore. I get Pelican, but I'll see what they are all about.

At least I get the Opeth

Special Brew
09-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Pelican > Nevermore IMO

C.O.A.
09-09-2005, 01:04 AM
wait, so nevermore isnt playing on the west coast?

bahamut_0
09-09-2005, 02:02 AM
Oops, I meant Still Day Beneath The Sun :p

It's a single they have, which has the tracks 'Still Day Beneath the Sun' and 'Patterns in the Ivy II'.

I love Still Day Beneath The Sun ^^

penelope_weird_hands
09-09-2005, 02:48 AM
could anyone possibly upload white cluster?
the mp3 i downloaded is completely farked distorted and choppy.

still life owns all other albums, IMO, (has only heard MAYH, SL, BWP, D'Nation and GR) and its driving me fvucking insane that i can't hear the last song.. ;/

Special Brew
09-09-2005, 02:56 AM
Uploads are no longer allowed.

penelope_weird_hands
09-09-2005, 03:10 AM
^^d'oh.

cheers anyway.

edit: anyone know of any torrent sites where you can download individual mp3's and not in clusters(no pun intended) of albums?

Deth
09-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Pelican > Nevermore IMO
Agreed. I would prefer to see Pelican, their last album was incredible.

bball_1523
09-09-2005, 10:31 AM
so what is the official name going to be for this official opeth thread?

I think something with the word "forest" would sound good.

Distorted Vision
09-09-2005, 12:47 PM
So I saw Opeth in London last night. They were awesome, living up to all my expectations. The setlist was great, the sound was really good (for the venue), and the boys played perfectly (OK, so Axe is nowhere near Lopez's level, but he was solid). Because I got there late, and it was a sellout show, I had a pretty poor view, but I could see Mikael's face for most of the gig so it wasn't all bad. My position just kept it from being probably the best I've ever seen.

Mikael was great fun though - introducing To Rid The Disease as ''another ballad, because we like to get the chicks'', and the band as 'Rick Wakeman' (Per), 'good ol' Charlie, the bum from the street' (Axe), 'two people in one - Cheech and Chong' (Martin), 'Mikael Akerfeldt' (Peter) and himself as ''Peter, but I forgot my costume tonight''. Entertaining fella. Now, the setlist:

Deliverance
The Baying Of The Hounds
When (though I was disappointed they didn't play the intro)
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Face Of Melinda
Blackwater Park (omfg)
--------------------
Demon Of The Fall

Awesome.

Jude
09-09-2005, 01:01 PM
So I saw Opeth in London last night. They were awesome, living up to all my expectations. The setlist was great, the sound was really good (for the venue), and the boys played perfectly (OK, so Axe is nowhere near Lopez's level, but he was solid). Because I got there late, and it was a sellout show, I had a pretty poor view, but I could see Mikael's face for most of the gig so it wasn't all bad. My position just kept it from being probably the best I've ever seen.

Mikael was great fun though - introducing To Rid The Disease as ''another ballad, because we like to get the chicks'', and the band as 'Rick Wakeman' (Per), 'good ol' Charlie, the bum from the street' (Axe), 'two people in one - Cheech and Chong' (Martin), 'Mikael Akerfeldt' (Peter) and himself as ''Peter, but I forgot my costume tonight''. Entertaining fella. Now, the setlist:

Deliverance
The Baying Of The Hounds
When (though I was disappointed they didn't play the intro)
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Face Of Melinda
Blackwater Park (omfg)
--------------------
Demon Of The Fall

Awesome.

Cheech and Chong, lol.

Only 2 songs from the new album, though? wtf?

Prince of Darkness
09-09-2005, 02:05 PM
New name : The Baying of the Posts.
Still Life: Opeth
=======> The Moor: Opeth(That's the One!)
or
Opeth: Welcome to The Moor

Special Brew
09-09-2005, 03:07 PM
We decided one already, sorta.

"Look Your Last Apon the Sun - Opeth"

Adam Jones is GOD
09-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Awesome.

/Posts as he was there too

Prince of Darkness
09-09-2005, 04:33 PM

Hmm. :rolleyes: IMO, The Moor:Opeth is better. Or Opeth: Welcome To the Moor

Special Brew
09-09-2005, 05:04 PM
I don't like any of the names mentioned that have to do with The Moor.

Maybe something like 'Forest of Lamentations' would be good, since someone said they wanted forest in the title.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 05:08 PM

I'll take credit for that. Upon* And those another names mentioned are weird sounding IMO...

Deth
09-09-2005, 08:33 PM
That's a fine setlist you had there. I would rather have April Ethereal than When, but it's cool to see one of them played.

Killtacular
09-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Still Life owns all other albums[...]

Quoted for tr00f.

Deth
09-09-2005, 08:46 PM
I think Ghost Reveries has become my favorite Opeth album. I am now part of a full on love affair with Harlequin Forest.

Killtacular
09-09-2005, 08:48 PM
It's fourth for me.. although it could replace Blackwater Park in time.

Deth
09-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Blackwater Park has been slipping for me. The only unbelievably amazing tracks on it (for me) are The Leper Affinity, Bleak and BWP. Other albums have more amazing songs IMO.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 08:51 PM
I still can't pick a favorite Opeth album.. its the only band I have trouble picking a favorite. I love all of them to tell the truth. I haven't listened to Ghost Reveries enough yet though... so much other music right now.

Flynn
09-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Blackwater Park has been slipping for me. The only unbelievably amazing tracks on it (for me) are The Leper Affinity, Bleak and BWP. Other albums have more amazing songs IMO.

I can't count how many times I've listened to ''Bleak''. One of my favorite Opeth songs in general.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Never saw the magic in Bleak that everyone else does...

Leper Affinity > Bleak. :p

Deth
09-09-2005, 09:02 PM
I just love the clean singing part SO much on Bleak. Plus, it's really fun to play on bass.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Actually when the clean vocals first come in, I find them a bit annoying... I know, I'm weird.

Deth
09-09-2005, 09:06 PM
You strange man.

Bleak vocals = complete pwnage

Darkness
09-09-2005, 09:09 PM
I know, :upset: its weird... they do sound good once the music slows down, but tell then they sound kinda... annoying. Leper Affinity vocals = complete pwnage. :D

Shattered_Future
09-09-2005, 09:11 PM
I know, :upset: its weird... they do sound good once the music slows down, but tell then they sound kinda... annoying. Leper Affinity vocals = complete pwnage. :D

This man speaks the truth.

They're pretty fun to sing along to...probably one of my favorite Opeth songs. It's just brilliant on all fronts.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 09:13 PM
The Leper Affinity or Bleak?

Shattered_Future
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Leper Affinity.

Bleak I haven't really listened to that much...

I love the opening riff in TLA...it's so evil sounding. :evil:

Darkness
09-09-2005, 09:21 PM
That song is built of riffing goodness. :D

Deth
09-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Nah, BWP has all of the best riffs from the album.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 09:24 PM
That doesn't meen that TLA doesn't have good riffs. But yeah BWP is riff sex.

Killtacular
09-09-2005, 09:24 PM
It's true... mostly. The Funeral Portrait's got a pretty good riff.

Deth
09-09-2005, 09:25 PM
I know, I <3 TLA as well. Most of my love for BWP go to Bleak and the title track though.

So, MAYH has been growing on me like crazy the last couple of weeks.

Shattered_Future
09-09-2005, 09:26 PM
While we're on the topic of BWP, has anybody heard the song Still Day Beneath The Sun? I think it was a bonus track on certain releases...

Great acoustic song.

bball_1523

when was this decided upon? I'm not really feeling the title, what is it supposed to convey?

Darkness
It's true... mostly. The Funeral Portrait's got a pretty good riff.

Agreed, I love that melody.

bball_1523
09-09-2005, 09:39 PM
The Leper Affinity or Bleak?

The Leper Affinity: You can't beat the downright depressing outro riffs and piano.

Bleak is a great song though, especially the chorus riffs, it sounds so dark and atmospheric.

As for my favorite track on BWP, I'd say "Dirge For November," I love the clean outro with heavy reverb. It makes it sound spacey and atmospheric.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I love all the riffs in Dirge, but the structure lacks.

i am the robots
09-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Dirge is a great song, I see nothing wrong with it... it's just one of Opeth's less good songs.

Killtacular
09-09-2005, 11:06 PM
While we're on the topic of BWP, has anybody heard the song Still Day Beneath The Sun? I think it was a bonus track on certain releases...

I've heard that and Patterns in the Ivy II. They're both great songs.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Awesome songs, I uploaded them a while back for someone...

Killtacular
09-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Makes me wish I bought the reissue with the bonus disc.

Also, that white disc just doesn't seem right. All that dark artwork and then a white disc.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 11:28 PM
I like how Ghost Reveries is all black... even the font.

Special Brew
09-09-2005, 11:29 PM
I can't even read the text on the new album, black against black. It's two different shades or something, but I can't read it unless I hold it to a bright light and strain myself.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 11:30 PM
I can see it... the font is really shiny...

Permanent Solution
09-09-2005, 11:31 PM
So I broke down and bought an Opeth album today. Deliverance. I had the bass up high and I couldn't hear the vocals much, and it was much better than what I've previously heard by them. The vocals are what always bothered me and they weren't too prevalent. I was glad. I might be able to get into this band now.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Shoulda got Blackwater Park... Deliverance is good, but the vocals are harsher.

Permanent Solution
09-09-2005, 11:35 PM
But Deliverance was only $8.

Killtacular
09-09-2005, 11:38 PM
But Blackwater is better.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 11:40 PM
I really like both albums, I can't say Blackwater is better... I really like the heaviness/rawness in Deliverance.

Permanent Solution
09-09-2005, 11:40 PM
But Blackwater is better.
I wasn't going to pay more than that for a CD by a band that up to that point I couldn't stand a single song by. If I can get into this though I might pick up more.

Special Brew
09-09-2005, 11:47 PM
I wasn't going to pay more than that for a CD by a band that up to that point I couldn't stand a single song by. If I can get into this though I might pick up more.
I really hope you can get into them. Just look past the vocals, and they have plenty of songs with little to no harsh vocals. Myabe you should check out the new CD next. If you decide you don't like them based on Deliverance, please look into them further. That album was made to be harsh and heavy, so it may have been a bad choice to start with since you don't like that aspect of them.

With time you should learn to love them though.

Darkness
09-09-2005, 11:51 PM
I really hope you can get into them. Just look past the vocals, and they have plenty of songs with little to no harsh vocals. Myabe you should check out the new CD next. If you decide you don't like them based on Deliverance, please look into them further. That album was made to be harsh and heavy, so it may have been a bad choice to start with since you don't like that aspect of them.

With time you should learn to love them though.
What he said. Get Damnation if your into the slow acoustic stuff. Opeth have something for everyone.

Cain
09-10-2005, 01:17 AM

His vocals on that album kind of go "gaaaaagh" rather than "groooowwwwrrrrr." One of the many reasons I like Deliverance less than the other heavy albums of Opeth's latter era.

Dancin' Man hates "Ghost Reveries" for some reason. I wonder why.

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Nice description :lol:

Slapping Penguin
09-10-2005, 02:30 AM
I have names for thread: Demons of the Fall
Blackwater Cyberpark
Serenity Painted Opeth (My Fav)

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 02:41 AM
I think we will have a competition for this, because we have been discussing this for way too long without acting on it.

ATTN: Start suggesting names for the official Opeth thread. I will keep track of them, and when there are enough nominations, I will start a vote. I will personally keep track of these votes as well. The name with the highest amount of votes will be the new title for our official Opeth thread.

Current names:
'Serenity Painted Opeth' - Slpping Penguin
'Face Of MX-elinda' - Distorted Vision

sHaZaM11
09-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Hmm..I like having 'Forest' in the title =D. With Black Rose Immortal being my favourite..why not a name like, Forest of the Black Rose? iono I'm worthless in these forums ><".

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 03:34 AM
I've never even seen you post before =\

sHaZaM11
09-10-2005, 03:46 AM
I..I like to read =D. And I hide in the pit sometimes.

Slapping Penguin
09-10-2005, 04:19 AM
No this is my entry. Serenity Painted Opeth

all votes fo to that. Everything else sucks (tongue in cheek)

Distorted Vision
09-10-2005, 04:54 AM
'Face Of MX-elinda'

Slapping Penguin
09-10-2005, 06:32 AM
'Face Of MX-elinda' Brilliant but hard to say and does not flow.

Txus
09-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Still Day Beneath The Forums
Blackwater Forums
Masters Forums
Circle of Opeth (Even though this isn't an opeth song btu they made a great cover out of it)

Distorted Vision
09-10-2005, 08:35 AM
'Face Of MX-elinda'
Brilliant but hard to say and does not flow.
Post Of Perdition
In The MX She Was Standing
The Leper A-forum-ty
The MX Corner
The Grand Forum-nation
Godhead's La-MX

I can keep 'em coming all day. :)

Txus
09-10-2005, 08:42 AM
The MX Corner

This one is great! :thumb:

Darkness
09-10-2005, 10:33 AM
I like Still Day Beneath The Forums. But how come my other entry wasn't mentioned?

"Look your last upon the sun - Opeth"

I stole it from this Opeth back patch thing...

bball_1523
09-10-2005, 11:42 AM
"The Forest"

"Forest of Opeth"

"Blackwater Forest"

"Dirge For Blackwater Park"

"The Drapery Has Fallen"

"Forest Of Wreath"

"Orchid Forest"

"Patterns In The Forest"

"Serenity Painted Forest"

"Melinda's Forest"

"Baying of the Forest"

"The Grand Forest"

PIGS(1 different one)
09-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Got my tickets to the Toronto show. :cool:

Blanka Flip
09-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Hey guys- I can't find it... Who are they playing with on the U.S Tour again?

Deth
09-10-2005, 12:28 PM
They play the West Coast with Pelican (amazing band, check them out if you haven't) and the East Coast with Nevermore.

I get them with Nevermore, though I would prefer Pelican.

i am the robots
09-10-2005, 12:52 PM
I like Still Day Beneath The Forums. But how come my other entry wasn't mentioned?

"Look your last upon the sun - Opeth"

I stole it from this Opeth back patch thing...

I agree that this would be the best choice.

Deth
09-10-2005, 12:53 PM
^^^
Double agreed.

bball_1523
09-10-2005, 12:55 PM
who's going to the "Hollywood-House Of Blues" show? I was wondering if anyone wants to meet up and hang out? I'm most likely going to go by myself.

Blanka Flip
09-10-2005, 01:02 PM
They play the West Coast with Pelican (amazing band, check them out if you haven't) and the East Coast with Nevermore.

I get them with Nevermore, though I would prefer Pelican.

Really? They must be pretty good then. Sweet, I look forward to it.

Dannyboy15
09-10-2005, 01:17 PM
who's going to the "Hollywood-House Of Blues" show? I was wondering if anyone wants to meet up and hang out? I'm most likely going to go by myself.

It's on a monday so I have no ride to Hollywood. I guess I could take the metro rail. Though that would take me through the ghetto.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 01:25 PM
"The Forest"

"Forest of Opeth"

"Blackwater Forest"

"Dirge For Blackwater Park"

"The Drapery Has Fallen"

"Forest Of Wreath"

"Orchid Forest"

"Patterns In The Forest"

"Serenity Painted Forest"

"Melinda's Forest"

"Baying of the Forest"

"The Grand Forest"
I hate all of these... :amaze: Forest of wreath? wtf?

bball_1523
09-10-2005, 01:58 PM
I hate all of these... :amaze: Forest of wreath? wtf?

great, does anyone else like my ideas?

bball_1523
09-10-2005, 02:00 PM
It's on a monday so I have no ride to Hollywood. I guess I could take the metro rail. Though that would take me through the ghetto.

lol, I have to drive from Santa Barbara, all the way over there, plus I get off school around 3:40 pm, and with rush hour traffic? :( I just hope I can see opeth, I wouldn't mind missing the opener.

Txus
09-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Hope my idea of Still Day Beneath the Forums gets in the poll.

Phototropic
09-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Can someone upload some songs for me?!

I've only heard Windowpane, Bleak and Harvest and I love them :)

Might buy that DVD of theirs

SomeGuySomewhere
09-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Mx In Triumph

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Ok guys, I am going to make this a little more complicated. Now you can only suggest three(3) entries to be i the voting. That means each member can come up with no more than three thread titles, but isn't required to created all three. When you guys suggest 5+ titles, it gets very confusing.

I am wiping the slate clean, so if you have no made a suggestion, you will have to re-post it.

GO!

Current candidates:
Still Day Beneath The Forums - Txus
Circle Of Opeth - Txus
The Night And The Silent Forums - Txus

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Can someone upload some songs for me?!

I've only heard Windowpane, Bleak and Harvest and I love them :)

Might buy that DVD of theirs
Uploading is now illegal, or else I would. I'm sorry. :(

Txus
09-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Ok so my new 3 titles are:
Still Day Beneath The Forums
Circle Of Opeth
The Night And The Silent Forums.

Phototropic
09-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Uploading is now illegal, or else I would. I'm sorry. :(

Is it now?! :eek:

I didn't know that!

Thanks anyway dude :thumb:

Killtacular
09-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Serenity Painted Opeth.
The Night and the Silent Opeth.
Morningopeth.

i am the robots
09-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Current candidates:
Circle Of Opeth - Txus

NO Circle Of Tyrants was Celtic Frost, Opeth mearly covered it... agh.

Also, why do you guys not get this: THOSE NAMES SUCK. unless you are an Opeth fan, you won't get them, "Look your last upon the sun - Opeth," is the best choice suggested so far.

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 03:01 PM
NO Circle Of Tyrants was Celtic Frost, Opeth mearly covered it... agh.

Also, why do you guys not get this: THOSE NAMES SUCK. unless you are an Opeth fan, you won't get them, "Look your last upon the sun - Opeth," is the best choice suggested so far.
A agree. All of the other names didn't even make sense to me. But they are still in the vote, because I have to be fair. :p

Current Candidates:
Circle Of Opeth - Txus
Serenity Painted Opeth - Scruples
The Night and the Silent Opeth - Scruples
Morningopeth - Scruples

i am the robots
09-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Who gave you autority to choose the candidates? All of these ones blow and nobody really liked them...

Look your last upon the sun - Opeth and The Moor - Opeth were the two best suggested.

Killtacular
09-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Stop lying to yourself and everyone else.

The Brad
09-10-2005, 03:11 PM

I am going, but I am probably going to skip school and just go to the show. Probably hang out afterwards again and meet the band. :thumb:
That's the perk of HOB - Hollywood, the buses have to park out front.

Deth
09-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Again, my vote goes to Look your last upon the sun - Opeth because all the other ones are embarassments.

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Who gave you autority to choose the candidates? All of these ones blow and nobody really liked them...

Look your last upon the sun - Opeth and The Moor - Opeth were the two best suggested.
Nobody gave me authority, and I am not choosing them. You guys are suggesting them. When that one gets suggested again, I will put it on the candidate list, and most likely I will vote for that one as well. :p

But don't be so angry, nobody else was taking the initiative and doing something like this, and we have been talking about new names for too long without acting about it.

Don't complain about the names, suggest better ones for us to vote for.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Yeah dude, you kept leaving out Look your last upon the sun - Opeth. That vexes me greatly.

because all the other ones are embarassments.

This is truth.

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I left it out because, as I said, I wiped the slate clean because there were too many suggestions. I'm only including candidates that have been mentioned since I made the post with the big red letters on the last page. By all means, say it again, and I will add it to the list. So far, it is my personal favorite. :)

Darkness
09-10-2005, 04:23 PM
I mentioned it like 10 pages ago. :lol: And now 4 of us like that one best. :D

Deth
09-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Well, since me, Damien, Darkness of Greed and Vikingcore all like it, I say we go with that one.

We're the coolest ones here anyway :smoke:.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Agreed, me and deth have the most posts here, so it should be our choice. :D :chug:

Deth
09-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Unless I see anyone arguing the name in the next ten minutes, it's going to the mods.

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Haha, I think most users will agree with it. I really don't think other will vote for the other ones, unless they are the ones who suggested them. I have to be fair, or esle we will have a lot of complaints. :(

I will be accepting nominations until noon tomorrow. After that, I will stat a vote to see which one wins(hopefully the SDBTS one :p).

Darkness
09-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Deths going to the mods in 4 min with the name... we won't give those other names a chance! :lol:

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Go ahead, I support it :D. But other users are going to start complaining.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Alright, go Deth.

Prince of Darkness
09-10-2005, 06:31 PM
cough*The Moor(Opeth)*cough

VeedBok
09-10-2005, 06:35 PM
cough*The Moor(Opeth)*cough

thats the one i would go with too.

Prince of Darkness
09-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah. What about Opeth - Welcome To the Moor?

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 06:40 PM
I think it's basically been decided.

In other news... I want to know why I was banned! :angry:

Prince of Darkness
09-10-2005, 06:41 PM
ok. But IMO Mine is better.hehe

Deth
09-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I logged off and forgot to ask. Irresponsibility ++.

You were banned? What the hell?
EDIT: It probably has to do with you comments about violent rape. The "Find All Posts" button is fun.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Yeah. What about Opeth - Welcome To the Moor?
This is decent, but I still like the other better. :D

Slapping Penguin
09-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Post Of Perdition
In The MX She Was Standing
The Leper A-forum-ty
The MX Corner
The Grand Forum-nation
Godhead's La-MX

Your good, these are all the best ones along WITH MINE NOT SCUPLES THAT HE STOLE STUPID POOF. Serenity Painted Opeth. Please Damien choose one of those the other names suck.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 07:52 PM
?? Those are all crap dude. People will laugh at us.

Deth
09-10-2005, 07:54 PM
uber-crap.

Special Brew
09-10-2005, 07:54 PM
The whole voting thing seems to be off now. If wanted, I will start it back up. But I don't want to hear complaints about it or the whichever name wins.

Really, it is the only way we will get fair results.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 07:56 PM
The Regs in this thread voted on Look your last, and a bunch of other people are stating crap like Godhead's La-MX.

Deth
09-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Agreed. Regulars own everyone. Look You Last!

Darkness
09-10-2005, 08:00 PM
It stupid how people with 5 posts in the thread are voting on names. Same thing happened in the Tool thread.

Slapping Penguin
09-10-2005, 08:00 PM
God it should be a bit funny. Its better than forest. WTF! Are we like a nature society.

Grey Incision
09-10-2005, 08:01 PM
how about

Mx arms, Opeth's hearse

Just on a sidenote.......as much as i really do love Opeth, and i used to be a regular in here..........The new album really is shabby for me, Mike has lost so much of his creativity in his guitar work i think.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 08:02 PM
I hate the ones with forest to... Whats wrong with Look Your Last Upon The Sun - Opeth anyway? I think its nice and poetic. Right up Opeths ally.

I find the guitar work a bit under par for me to. He makes up for it in awesome vocals though.

Grey Incision
09-10-2005, 08:05 PM
I hate the ones with forest to... Whats wrong with Look Your Last Upon The Sun - Opeth anyway? I think its nice and poetic. Right up Opeths ally.

I find the guitar work a bit under par for me to. He makes up for it in awesome vocals though.

definatly, His vocal work on Atonement is orgasmic:).

Oh, and i didn't see the full 'look your last upon the sun-opeth'. I just saw 'look your last' and thought it was crap:p But yeah, 'look your last...' is the best i think. Suits Opeth.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Agreed about Atonement, I've seen lots of people say they don't care for that one. I think its great personally.

Grey Incision
09-10-2005, 08:10 PM
I believe it's possibly the best track on the album

Deth
09-10-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm one of those who doesn't care about Atonement. I love all the other tracks though.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm one of those who doesn't care about Atonement. I love all the other tracks though.
Better then Bleak. :p

:lol:

Grey Incision
09-10-2005, 08:14 PM

each to his own :chug:

I personally quite despise Harlequin forest, i don't know why either......

Killtacular
09-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Your good, these are all the best ones along WITH MINE NOT SCUPLES THAT HE STOLE STUPID POOF. Serenity Painted Opeth.

Hahaha, I didn't steal it, I made sure it wasn't left out. You should be thanking me.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 08:15 PM
each to his own :chug:

I personally quite despise Harlequin forest, i don't know why either......
Really? I like that song... I like Baying of The Hounds to...

Deth
09-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Harlequin Forest and Baying Of The Hounds are my current favorites.

Watch you throat tonight, Darkness, those comments about Bleak may get it slit

*threatingly waves shiv*

Grey Incision
09-10-2005, 08:19 PM
I think it's the intro to harlequin forest that annoys me

Darkness
09-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey man, I could do the same to you for not likeing Atonement! :p

Deth
09-10-2005, 08:21 PM
I think it's the intro to harlequin forest that annoys me
:eek: That intro is orgasmic!

Darkness, you don't know where I live.

*Scurrys to User CP to change address*

Darkness
09-10-2005, 08:22 PM
:eek: That intro is orgasmic!

Darkness, you don't know where I live.

*Scurrys to User CP to change address*
Its ok, we can have a truce since we both agree that the intro to HF is orgasmic. :D

Deth
09-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Kay, we're good. We'll just stab Grey Incision then.

Goodnight everyone, I'm tired.

Grey Incision
09-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Eh, doesn't do much for me...........As much as i love the vocals on the new album. I kind of like the old feel better. The vocals weren't as good, but they worked so much better. Mike was missing that personal touch, and it left us with lines like 'I will outrun the scythe, glaring with failure' and 'pale touch, writhing in the embers'. His voice is almost haunting, and not a focus, it doesn't stand apart as a different layer, it fits and follows the music, not the other way around.

/shall stop rambling for fear of looking even more stupid :upset:

Darkness
09-10-2005, 08:32 PM
The past year of life, I've had different parts of The Moors vocal lines stuck in my head. Every day its a different part, either the Pale touch part or the first verse or even the intro scream... I do miss those old melodies, but they've been done already and I love the new ones.

vashts80
09-10-2005, 08:36 PM
I love Deliverance (the song). That is all.

Darkness
09-10-2005, 10:33 PM
^ You suck. :p

Whens the name change coming??

Det_Nosnip
09-10-2005, 10:52 PM
I actually like the idea of simply using "In the Mist She was Standing - The Opeth thread."

Darkness
09-10-2005, 10:53 PM
... I guess were going to have to start the voting thing again....

Killtacular
09-10-2005, 10:54 PM
NO!! No more!!

vashts80
09-11-2005, 12:10 AM
^ You suck. :p

Whens the name change coming??

When I said "That is all.", I meant that is all I have to say, not all the Opeth songs I like :P

Slapping Penguin
09-11-2005, 12:29 AM
I guess about the new album is that Mike said he was trying to do something a bit different, so different for Mike is normal for everyone else. (if that made any sense?)

Dannyboy15
09-11-2005, 01:25 AM
lol, I have to drive from Santa Barbara, all the way over there, plus I get off school around 3:40 pm, and with rush hour traffic? :( I just hope I can see opeth, I wouldn't mind missing the opener.

Rush hour around Hollywood is ****ing terrible. I've been stuck in for 3 hours before.

vashts80
09-11-2005, 01:26 AM
I'm hopefully going to see Nevermore and Opeth if the date for Halloween in Philly is confirmed...I saw it on blabbermouth but it's not on the venue's site nor Opeth's site yet :(

PIGS(1 different one)
09-11-2005, 02:00 AM
I remember Mikael saying he would never have Nevermore open for them, that he would always have Nevermore Headline the tour... he said that like 3 years ago.

Grey Incision
09-11-2005, 02:09 AM
I guess about the new album is that Mike said he was trying to do something a bit different, so different for Mike is normal for everyone else. (if that made any sense?)

It's not even that, his guitarwork is all the same, same chords, same lead patterns, The only stand out thing about this album besides vocals is the drumming.

bball_1523
09-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Rush hour around Hollywood is ****ing terrible. I've been stuck in for 3 hours before.

what do you suggest I do? Should I take the "1" through Malibu, then drive through sunset boulevard?

Feign
09-11-2005, 02:45 AM
Opeth- Where black metal meets canorous acoustic. opeth is definately a good listen; possibly my favourite swedish band.

Grey Incision
09-11-2005, 02:49 AM
how about this for a title

Mikael........Jesus christ...........see a resemblance?:naughty:

Special Brew
09-11-2005, 03:08 AM
Opeth- Where black metal meets canorous acoustic. opeth is definately a good listen; possibly my favourite swedish band.
They aren't black metal. :confused:

matt4
09-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't get the connection between Opeth and "Look Your Last Upon the Sun"??? Is it a lyric? I'm unfortunately not too good at Opeth lyrics except on Still Life....

Am I the only one who notices that "Look Your Last Upon the Sun" is remarkably close to a Metallica lyrics from "For Whom the Bell Tolls"?

Slapping Penguin
09-11-2005, 05:14 AM
They aren't black metal.

They are Black Metal influenced I have heard but I don't really know Black Metal.

shamed-angel
09-11-2005, 05:36 AM
My Arms, Your Opeth Thread. :lol:

Special Brew
09-11-2005, 05:36 AM
They are Black Metal influenced I have heard but I don't really know Black Metal.
They have so many influences, but they are very far from actual black metal of any form. The traces of BM in their music is so light, it is hard to even classify it as a real influence.

Slapping Penguin
09-11-2005, 05:42 AM
Well there you go.

09-11-2005, 05:52 AM
Can I have post 5000 please?

Special Brew
09-11-2005, 05:58 AM
Hehe...

Grey Incision
09-11-2005, 05:59 AM
you sneaky son of a gun you:p

The End
09-11-2005, 06:29 AM
i cant believe this thread is still going

Special Brew
09-11-2005, 06:53 AM
Why not? Don't Opeth deserve this much discussion? :mad:

SomeGuySomewhere
09-11-2005, 09:24 AM
The Moor I think is the best title for the Opeth thread.