PDA

View Full Version : Our cd was nominated for an award

Reverb7
06-08-2004, 12:52 PM
our band Wishpool released a 3 song demo and it was nominated for a SAMMY award(syracuse are music awards). we were nmominated in the "best new rock/alternative" catagory. however we lost out to one of the local popular bands. being a brand new band, we r proud of the nomination.better luck next year.u can listen the cd at our site...

WishpoolRocks.com

fenwood
06-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Congrats, you guys know how to whoop a donkeys ***

Reverb7
06-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Congrats, you guys know how to whoop a donkeys ***

being new to the forum, i see that there is a topic just on your reviews of peoples music. did u listen to our stuff or are u just being sarcastic? if u liked it, cool, if u didnt like it, thats cool too. thanx

4 string giant
06-08-2004, 04:12 PM
well done, dude, well done indeed.

now somebody buy me a beer.

Inspired
06-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Hi there, Paolo here. Thought I'd give a couple of your songs a listen, my ears appreciate the sound!

Never Wrong:

Screams Creed to me. But I think Creed are (were?) gid. And from I hear they've broken up, so you could just go sook up all their fans and fill the gap, as it were. Sorry, the song, I continue. The intro is immense, I can just imagine myself standing in a big crowd as the stage slowly is unveiled (lit up :rolleyes: ) with that sound you've got.

Far Away:

Weird one to place this one, again I can definetly hear Creed but also leaning over to Punk/Emo with the guitar riffs. Again solid composure and the recording is professional enough for most.

Erm, if anyone wants to expand on/dismiss my comments then das cool, it'll be beneficial for the band to get a fuller feedback anyway!

Later,
Paolo

Sky
06-08-2004, 04:54 PM
well whoopdy do, you want a medal

Inspired
06-08-2004, 05:03 PM
well whoopdy do, you want a medal

aww come on sky, better than being in it to sell out for the money!!!!

Collapse The Stage
06-08-2004, 05:05 PM
wow, this is really good ****, and you'll have to pardon fenwood, he isn't impressed by your nomination because he gets nominated for awards almost every week. Keep it up dude, and good luck. by far the best stuff i've heard on this site so far.

fenwood
06-08-2004, 07:35 PM
being new to the forum, i see that there is a topic just on your reviews of peoples music. did u listen to our stuff or are u just being sarcastic? if u liked it, cool, if u didnt like it, thats cool too. thanx

No mate, one of the few bands on here I enjoy. NOT being sarcastic.

Against Miik!
06-08-2004, 07:43 PM
wow that rocked!!! very professional sounding. if you got a keyboard player id say you sound like a 21st century doors. everything was solid. keep playin you guys will get noticed. the only thing i would recomend is getting a less generic name. but other than that great.

Reverb7
06-09-2004, 09:10 AM
thanx guys for all the feedback. we do appreciate it. u guys took the time to listen and review and thats cool.

Inspired - "never wrong" was sort of an ode to creed so there r a lot of similarities. i can see the "big intro" live too! hahaha. nobody has called "far away'' punk/emo before, but thats cool tho. people interperet things differently.

Collapse - vey nice compliment , there is alot of good music on here by fellow musicians.

Fenwood - thanx for clarifying and the nice words

i am milk - 21st doors...thats awesome, our singer is a huge doors fan and love jim morrison! i will let him know.

thanks guys

punkrocksknot
06-09-2004, 04:08 PM
not really my bowl of soup but being a musician I can see that you guys have talent and have the potential to get somewhere. You do kind of sound like creed, but that's not such a bad thing. Nice recordings, nice vocals, nice guitars, nice drums. No complains here. Good luck with your musicial carrer.

Reverb7
11-18-2004, 02:14 PM
not really my bowl of soup but being a musician I can see that you guys have talent and have the potential to get somewhere. You do kind of sound like creed, but that's not such a bad thing. Nice recordings, nice vocals, nice guitars, nice drums. No complains here. Good luck with your musicial carrer.

thanx man!

Habitamatt
11-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Cool stuff, my band have been offered a management deal but it sounds dodgily good:/

Reverb7
11-19-2004, 08:59 AM
Cool stuff, my band have been offered a management deal but it sounds dodgily good:/

thanx for taking a listen, is there a link to your band?

Hadji
11-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Nice stuff man. I'm listening to 'Never Wrong' right now and I'm really liking it. Nice hook in the chorus. Nice solo.

A_Perfect_Sonnet
11-21-2004, 01:07 AM
you guys still sound like creed, so im still unimpressed :)

mordredozzy124
11-21-2004, 12:59 PM
wow very good, i hope you guys do well. the songs were very good. the vocals were very good, and the guitar was too. i really like the guitar solo on Never Wrong. the drums fit in well with the music too, and this is one of the first really smooth well recorded songs i have heard on these forums.

spiderman546
11-21-2004, 01:28 PM
aww come on sky, better than being in it to sell out for the money!!!!

yea thats true inspired

but how many bands do you know that want to "make it" you mean there not sell outs? i would like to know your def of a sell out so i can label all the people i know who want people to hear there music and get paid for it. thats so very wrong.

Reverb7
11-22-2004, 10:30 AM
you guys still sound like creed, so im still unimpressed :)

honesty is good, we appreciate it...our newer stuff that we have not recorded yet is somewhat of a departure from the 3 songs on the site.same type of music, just not so creed-ish.the newer songs have elements of dream theater, the cult, zakk wylde and a few others. maybe u might dig some of that when we post it, or not. but at any rate we do appreciate your honesty...thank you.

CommieCanada
11-22-2004, 10:41 AM
not my kind of music, but it was a good recording and i can see why people like it. did you go to a studio to record?

Reverb7
11-22-2004, 11:00 AM
not my kind of music, but it was a good recording and i can see why people like it. did you go to a studio to record?

we spent 8hrs in a local stuidio, if we had more time and money we could have done more with the 3 songs, overall they r pretty good.