PDA

View Full Version : Digitech X-series bass pedals

badmotherplucker
04-20-2004, 06:07 PM
Bass Driver

:) :) :) :) :)
(5 out of 5)

you can get a great variety of distortion from this stompbox, from the littlest amount of growl, to a crazy abrasive raging thrash distortion. it includes level, tone, blend, and morph knobs.

Level: volume
Tone: tone (twanginess or flatness)
Blend: amount of distortion blended in with the clean channel
Morph: type of distortion (as you go up it gets more thrashy)

Bass Multi Chorus

:) :) :) :) :upset:

(4 out of 5)

This pedal is of the highest quality, however i did not give it five stars because i dont seem to use it very often. However the quality of the chorus is amazing. it ranges from a subtle one voice chorus to a lush 16 voice chorus. the knobs include level, voice, speed and depth.

Level: volume
Voice: number of chorus voices (reproductions of your sound)
Speed: the speed of the "waviness"
Depth: How noticeable the effect is

Bass synth wah-
i think somebody else already reviewed this, but if not, just request it.

dans107
04-21-2004, 03:59 AM
I'm looking into getting the Bass Driver, as I already the Synth Wah and although it seems to play up at the minute, it's durability is amazing.

Can you get just a slight distortion from it?

Dan

badmotherplucker
04-23-2004, 08:48 PM
you can get ANY distortion from it. its amazing. anything you want.

The JoZ
04-25-2004, 12:08 AM
I'm looking into getting the Bass Driver, as I already the Synth Wah and although it seems to play up at the minute, it's durability is amazing.

Can you get just a slight distortion from it?

Dan

Yes. Setting the Morph switch all the way to the left gives you just some slight overdrive/distortion...as you move it to the right, you get fatter distortion, gets crunchier and whatnot...at max setting, you get this intense fuzz that would be best suited for metal or industrial...I love it :evil::thumb:

dans107
04-26-2004, 03:26 AM
In my band, there's only one guitarist now - it's a kind of alt. rock band, I guess - so I'm looking for something to cut through, making my bass sound a bit 'bigger', to fill in for just having one guitar.

I think I'll look into buying it - thanks :)

Dan

i.like.pie.3.1415
05-13-2004, 06:16 PM
words dont do sound justice...hate to sound like a broken record, but im looking for more of a growl than fuzz distortion, how does this rate for that (joz, is that what you meant by fat/crunchy?)?

The JoZ
05-13-2004, 08:44 PM
The "morph" knob lets you control the type of distortion you get...all the way to the left gives you just a slight OD or so...kind of growly...as you move the knob to the right, it gets fatter and thicker sounding, until you get total fuzz :cool:

I give the pedal 5/5 myself, because of it's sound and versatility

maggotbassist
08-14-2004, 12:46 AM
i recently bought 1 and i love it works for my industrial/metal band its a friggin awesome pedal

Big-Bird
08-14-2004, 01:26 AM
i bought the Bass Driver a month ago and its awesome. i don't use it as much mainly because i don't have an adaptor and i don't have money for batteries. so i can't use it. go figure

Mephisdan
08-28-2004, 09:12 AM
So you spent all the money buying it, only not to use it. Seems a bit of a waste man.

I want to get one of these, just the thing i need for a bit of variety

gaslight
09-09-2004, 04:17 AM
Can anyone tell me how the Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus pedal and the Digitech Multi-voice Chorus pedal compare?

4stringedthing
09-11-2004, 03:05 PM
cry baby makes a bass wah and normal wah... difrences?

gaslight
09-11-2004, 10:40 PM
^ Bass Wah would be designed for bass, so it would handle lower registers better.

OMFG I Was Finally Banned
09-21-2004, 01:33 AM
the only thing i don't like about the bass driver is sometimes it gets in little fits and doesn't want to work right. i have to leave it alone for an hour or more until it feels like working again. that's really annoying when you are about to play a show.

billtus
10-17-2004, 06:03 AM
"for metal/industrial".................hell yes i need a good thrash distortion

LewsTherin
10-24-2004, 02:50 PM
ive had the bass driver for a month or so, i love it. if you put the morph a little to the left of noon, with tone and blend about 3/4 of the way up, it sounds kinda like a bridge position humbucker on a guitar, its awesome. i also like the complete fuzz with tone and blend all the way to the right

Lumberjacker
11-19-2004, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the review.