PDA

View Full Version : updated rule -everyone click-

BenBaker06
04-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Joshmay will be opening a new stickied thread entitled "the wall." Other moderators of this forum will now actively monitor the actions of users. Any user that is seen to be frequently breaking forum rules (link (http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168150)), spamming, or exhibiting a lack of contribution in general will have their names posted on "The Wall." This serves as your warning. Names are added along with the date the warning was issued. Any users name posted there will be removed one month after the warning was issued. No worries yet. The catch, however: if you are seen violating any rules(spamming, exhibiting a general lack of contribution, etc.) and your name has already been posted on "the wall," you are now subject to administrative action. Pretty much, you may be banned temporarily, permanently, or IP banned at the moderators' discretion.

These guidelines have been mutually agreed upon by Joshmay and myself. Others feel free to post your concerns and thoughts as well. We're not trying to sound like we're being harsh, but this is a community that we have come to love, and we'd really like to see it grow and thrive. But to do that everyone here has to do their part, it's like any real-world community, the good of the whole depends on the good of the individuals. If you have any questions, feel free to post here, this thread will stay up for a week or so.

gaslight
04-13-2004, 03:02 AM
Does this mean that people can be temp banned from MX for not critting songs?

:confused:

joshmay
04-13-2004, 07:23 AM
no, don't think of it in that sense. its just if we see someone posting their songs expecting crits, but then they make no useful posts other then that, we will take action... example "user x" posts "song x" and bumps the thread several times, ends up with a good solid 10 critiques. everything the user posts that week besides his song is spam, flaming, or otherwise. "user x" is contributing nothing positive to the forum. that is in discordance with these forum rules. "user x" gets punished. bans wont always be the result...just whatever we feel is necessary :)

BPC
04-13-2004, 09:26 AM
I have one question.

What if I post a song, not really expecting any particular feedback, but I DO get a good number of comments on it?

Would I be in trouble if I never commented on anyone elses songs? Because frankly, I'm not online that much and when I am I don't spend all my time coming to this site.

I don't post solely to get responses, I just do it to get my work out there, you know?

I hope you understand my question enough to give me the answer I need.

Thanks.

joshmay
04-13-2004, 09:47 AM
this site doesnt work if everyone adopts that mentality. you post a song, you should critique one. thats how the system works. this isnt clear cut though, i mean there is no specific critique :: post ratio that you must maintain...just use common sense :)

BPC
04-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Well yeah, I won't go without critiquing any songs at all, I'm bound to do a few, but I can't be expected to do like.. one critique for every one that I receive. I'm just on nearly often enough.

BenBaker06
04-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Oh no, we're not saying that. We're just saying that you should probably offer 3-4 critiques per song you post. 3-4 isn't set in stone either. We just want to see people do their part in the community.

joshmay
04-13-2004, 09:47 PM
to further elaborate the concept:

http://ourworld.cs.com/joshmay41465/the+wall.bmp

:D

metallifreke
04-14-2004, 01:49 PM
lol! :lol:

already x fell
04-14-2004, 02:42 PM
I think its a good idea, but say if your name gets put on the wall...anyway you can get it off? or will you just be banned a month later?

joshmay
04-14-2004, 08:11 PM
I think its a good idea, but say if your name gets put on the wall...anyway you can get it off? or will you just be banned a month later?

your name gets reported, its put on the wall. your name gets taken off the wall after one month of being up there. if you get reported while your name is up, then action is taken.

craigmac
04-17-2004, 11:22 PM
great idea guys.

i think i critiqued a few songs ages ago but never posted anything of my own until last night. does that matter? say if i dont critique for another month or so. but dont post any more of my songs?

ciao

joshmay
04-18-2004, 11:05 AM
don't worry about it dude. i'm more laid back then that. just be the generally good guy you are, contribute every so often, don't worry about it. try to critique as much as you can though :)

|subucni|
05-24-2004, 09:20 AM
I understand u need us to contribute, can that be through other stuff accept crits, like posting in the 'lyric game fing' or whatever its called, instead of posting crits about other people's songs?

Herbert_da_fish
06-14-2004, 10:50 AM
i have what probs sounds like a really stupid question. do we actually have access to see 'the wall' like to see if our names are on it, or is it like just a figure of speech?

BassPlayinChiaPet
06-14-2004, 10:56 AM
i'm betting it'll just be a thread, though if the mods were to make an actual wall in their paint program or something and add names that way, that'd be kinda interesting. *hint hint*

and people, don't start wigging out just cuz the mods are just restating the Lyrics forum rules and adding a "wall", i think that for the most part, most of us are doing wat we should be doing as far as making critiques for others. just check out a couple threads, read the words, and write wat u feel! :)

BenBaker06
06-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Yes, we need you to contribute. This is a community, and everyone in it has to act in a way that benefits the whole. The wall is stickied on the top of the first page of this forum. It's not hard to miss.

ToyDolls
06-14-2004, 08:32 PM
...that's so neat! For a minute I thought this was about the song I wrote.

bink182
02-11-2005, 02:23 PM
How do i post a song

ClayTheJ
02-11-2005, 03:24 PM
^wow

EmergencyRoom
08-03-2005, 04:07 AM
Does this include people who don't crit very well i.e. "this is teh 1zs1uks" comments in relation to break down style critting?

SubtleDagger
08-03-2005, 04:37 AM
Does this include people who don't crit very well i.e. "this is teh 1zs1uks" comments in relation to break down style critting?
Try checking the dates on posts next time.