PDA

View Full Version : Forced Listening: for the others

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Kithkin
03-31-2004, 11:56 PM
You should know the general rules for this thread by now, but for those who aren't familiar:

1. Songs should be under 5 or 6 minutes in length.
2. Songs should be readily available for download. Either link a site that hosts the song you force, or make sure it is downloadable on various programs. Do a search on your own and list any programs that you have found it on.
3. In your review of the song you listened to, give an x out of 10 rating and describe what you hear while listning to the song.
4. When you recommend the song, give at least some idea of what style the song is in. Give similar artists if you can think of any. Do the same in the critique.

I'll start.

King Apparatus - Stupid

http://e.1asphost.com/Kinswick/Songs/King%20Apparatus%20-%20Stupid.ace

you can either try to find them on Kazaa or Soulseek, but if you have winrar, you can just download that file above and unarchive it.

They are of the ska persuasion. Pay attention to the intro and the way the two guitars play off each other.

blueyxd
04-01-2004, 05:00 AM
First off... I think rule 1 should be scrapped, there are far too many good songs that would lose out if that rule was enforced, especially when 'Other' music is concerned . A long song/big file notice would probably be enough warning if needed.

This is ok, I'm a bit into ska so that helps. I've always imagined this style to be called City-Ska (that's just my own genre name which makes sense to me), just because of the minor chords rather than the 'happy' major chord stuff.

The guitar/guitar and guitar/keyboard interplay in the intro and 'solo' is pretty cool, but I dont like how it ends. I can't find much else to say about it... It wasn't bad, but it just didn't move me much.

6/10

====================================

I recommend:

Cynic - Sentiment

I have no idea what style to call this, their other stuff is technical death metal, but this song is so different, almost as if it's music from some alien race. There are still slight metal elements, but not the brutal, angry, or agressive stuff.
It was released in 1993 and is still probably one of the most futuristic songs I've ever heard.

no link, but it should be easy enough to find on those programs you use, I use IRC, Undernet has plenty of places to get it, just try any metal channels... then theres kazaa, soulseek and all those, which probably would have it too.

Bartender
04-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Are you allowed to review someone's forced song if you've already heard it?

*is already a Cynic fan*

blueyxd
04-02-2004, 08:52 PM
well, you already know it so that defeats the purpose of the thread..
but if no one is going to reply... hm

KazooVirtuoso
04-02-2004, 10:23 PM
I might get around to it eventually if no one else does, but I'm not going to call dibs at the moment...

manuscriptreplica
04-03-2004, 02:46 AM
i cant seem to download Cynic - Sentiment, so **** it, someone can do it later.

Hilltop hoods - illusionary lines

this is a song from their 3rd album, the calling. this band is probably the biggest underground hip hop act in australia right now, scoring tons of airplay on triple J and even scraping a song into a commercial radio station (triple M). whilst this isnt the song they released (nosebleed section) i think its their best. check it out and let me know what you think! you should be able to find it on kazaa pretty easily.

packerboarding21
04-03-2004, 03:27 PM
i couldn't find the Hilltop Hoods song or the Cynic song. :upset:

blueyxd
04-03-2004, 10:39 PM
If anyone wants the Cynic song i could send it via irc or aim (not sure if that one will work, but its worth a try)

IRC: Blueser on Undernet or Austnet
AIM: HutInTheSticks

A Dark Wisdom
04-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Hey blueyxd I guess I'll do the Cynic song.

AIM: inmymindireside

SubtleDagger
04-07-2004, 03:06 PM
If someone wants to propose a new song, please do. I'm interested in putting songs on here.

joshmay
04-07-2004, 03:20 PM
okay. new song...i guess we will have to be less obscure

tiger army - "power of moonlite"

alternative: ani difranco - "as is"

SubtleDagger
04-07-2004, 03:23 PM
dibs.

SubtleDagger
04-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Tiger Army - "Power Of Moonlite"

Start - Guitars, pretty heavy. Weird little distortion effect. Then a really cool bass, into rock. This sounds like something familiar, The Cult, maybe. Backing vocals. I don't know how this is going to qualify as "other music", but it's pretty good. Sort of like a tame AFI. Weird guitar thing. Another verse. Chorus again. Nothing too amazing yet. More crazy singing. Weird guitar thing. Not really a solo. Bridge section. The guitar is sort of country. Guitar break. Weird outro, just stops.

Pretty good. I thought it wasn't extremely exciting, but it was an average rock song. 6/10.

My Song:
(Avant Classical) Krysztof Penderecki - "Threnody For The Victims Of Hiroshima"

Yes, it does break Rule #1... it's long. And be prepared for a very strange piece.

joshmay
04-07-2004, 04:11 PM
DIBS!

and mine was other because its a genre called "pyschobilly"- punk and rockabilly fusion.

suggestion on where i can get this song at?

SubtleDagger
04-07-2004, 04:16 PM
It should be pretty easy to get off Kazaa or a p2p.

If you're having trouble, my AIM is SubtleDagger3.

joshmay
04-07-2004, 04:41 PM
just finished listening. maybe it had something to do with i fullscreened winamp visualization and turned up the speakers, but honestly, this is

THE MOST AMAZING SONG EVER WRITTEN.

i hate to sound crazy but my life feels so much more complete after listening to that song. it took me from inner tranquility to near the point of mental suicide. really. genius.

i suggest that everyone on the forum get ahold of this song. i am so thankful to SD for sending it my way. truly truly amazing.

∞/10

my song:

phillip glass - prophecies

SubtleDagger
04-07-2004, 04:44 PM
:lol: You're trying to trick them into blasting it on their computers aren't you?

Yeah, it's good. I don't know about the infinity, but I like it. I'll see if someone else will dib yours.

joshmay
04-07-2004, 05:06 PM
i was being completely honest.

SubtleDagger
04-07-2004, 05:13 PM
You realize I have many avant classical pieces under my belt, right?

I'll dibs, I suppose.

SubtleDagger
04-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Revoked. Can't find it.

joshmay
04-07-2004, 06:29 PM
ill send it @ you on aim. :)

blueyxd
04-08-2004, 12:56 AM
still... no luck, I couldnt send to maxpower for some reason. Cynic isnt that obscure anyway. but the offer still stands

aim: hutinthesticks
irc: Blueser on austnet or undernet
im not home right now, so i wont be on anytime soon..

or.. get mIRC or other irc client - connect to Undernet -
type /join #mp3_metal
type @find Cynic sentiment
wait for replies (up the top of screen) find the shortest que
copy !nickname cynic - sentiment.mp3 (or whatever the file is called)
paste that in the channel, you may have to wait a bit. but soon enough itll be on its way.

that Victims of Hiroshima thing is madcore good, we studied that in school, the sheet music looked pretty interesting...

joshmay
04-08-2004, 11:47 AM
IRC hurts my head :'(

Bartender
04-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Phillip Glass - Prophecies

This is an odd one. The version I have is 13 minutes long; I don't know if that is supposed to be the length, but it the main problem I have with it. A lot of the piece seems (to me) to be organ music, which, although I don't necessarily dislike, is an interminable repeating tune, with little variation, which doesn't appeal to me. Whenever the harmonised/choral vocals come in, the songs moves from boring to sublime, particularly from about 4:30 to about 6:30 and from 9 minutes onwards. Highlight section for me comes at about 7:50, when vocals cut in for a short while, combined with a deeper instrumental tone in the background.

This isn't the kind of thing I could listen to all the time, but, like Sigur Ros or Godspeed You! Black Emperor, is what I would listen to if I needed to chill out (either that, or cheesy funk/soul, which is great to relax to).

Overall, 7/10, though it would be higher if there weren't longer sections I got bored in.

My suggestion is Einstürzende Neubauten; choose whichever appeals from the following:
Wüste (Ballet Version) (made the day after the original Gulf War broke out - sounds include burning oil dripped past a mic and sand being poured around the studio - they created their own mini Gulf to record it in)
Helium (minimalist percussion and helium-altered vocals)
Anrufe in Abwesenheit (constructed from mobile phone noises and recorded calls)

I think Wüste is the best choice out of those, but whichever..

manuscriptreplica
04-08-2004, 12:11 PM
i'll delete my previous message... heh. dibs on bartenders

SubtleDagger
04-08-2004, 12:57 PM
that Victims of Hiroshima thing is madcore good, we studied that in school, the sheet music looked pretty interesting...
It's written for 52 strings and almost all the notes are relative pitches. In other words, all the strings are encouraged to stray from perfect pitch.

I've got lots of other crazy songs to give, like I said.

Joel_DK_Clash
04-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Whats aim? i've heard about it alot alot here, but never looked into it. I wana hear that Krysztof Penderecki song.

Bartender
04-08-2004, 05:59 PM
AIM is AOL Instant Messenger. The Threnody is available fairly easily on Soulseek.

Joel_DK_Clash
04-08-2004, 06:18 PM
oh...i dont have aol. do you have msn SubtleDaggar? i couldnt find it on soul seek.

SubtleDagger
04-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Sure. SubtleDagger3.

EDIT: Sorry, thats my AIM screen name. No MSN.

Should be easy to get off SoulSeek though.

Bartender
04-08-2004, 07:24 PM
oh...i dont have aol. do you have msn SubtleDaggar? i couldnt find it on soul seek.

I found it just searching for "Threnody hiroshima". Try to avoid using the guys name, as its fairly likely either you or the guy with the file will misspell it.

Bartender
04-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Good advice, youll never find it with his name. Even Hiroshima brought up some album of that name. Does anyone have the precise time of the track, cos Im getting some variations... one is 10:00, the other is 12:30

Mine is 9:54.

SubtleDagger
04-09-2004, 12:49 AM
I have 10:59.

What you have to realize is that there are different versions, done at different performances. If I were you, I'd get the one off of Krysztofsky's "Matrix" album. That's my version, and in my opinion the definitive.

denboy
04-09-2004, 04:01 AM
Okay I actually got Cynic - Sentiment

8/10
This is a great song... But I have no idea how to describe it.
The drums always keep a rythm that's not in 4/4 time through the whole track, and the guitars goes from sounding nothing like guitars, to sounding normally clean/distorted, the bass line is very good. The singer... Reminded me alot of current 93 chanting/singing on the album called "imperium".... But that's properbly just me.

My suggestion is
Venetian Snares - Abomination Street ... Description : .. Some kind of prog-techno if there's a genre called that... . The song sounds pretty random, but it's catchy as hell.
It's easily available on soulseek, so I guess it's available on other programs too...

LTJ386
04-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Someone review "Scarlet Begonias" by Sublime.

Joel_DK_Clash
04-09-2004, 05:54 PM
I found it just searching for "Threnody hiroshima". Try to avoid using the guys name, as its fairly likely either you or the guy with the file will misspell it.

I tryed that, and got some files, but none of them will download. Does anyone have msn that could send it to me?

Bartender
04-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Someone review "Scarlet Begonias" by Sublime.

Thats not how it works, you review something first, then you get the chance to force your tastes on other people.

^I don't think a 10MB file will transfer over msn.

^^Can't speak for that version, knowing the band it's likely to be very different from version to version.

Joel_DK_Clash
04-09-2004, 06:37 PM
^Your probobly right come to think of it.

Edit:I got it....i honestly don't know how, but its in my shared folder on kazaa(where all my files go), and i dont feel like fuiguring it out. wow that is a good song, weird, but good.

manuscriptreplica
04-09-2004, 06:58 PM
hey dude i couldnt find Wuste ANYWHERE! i tried for ages on both soulseek and kazaa and couldnt find it. oh well. but i did find a track called 'Stella Maris' which was the most popular one on kazaa (8 users) so i'll review that. right now.

starts with an arpeggiated riff, i think on the bass, then comes in with male german vocals (which are always humerous to listen to) then strings enter and a woman sings. the male and woman start to sing in harmonies then drums come in. it remains this way throughout the entire song nearly, with only the strings mucking around a bit. it is a great string arrangement, but not something i'd listen to normally. but the german accents and vocals make it cool. so:

6/10.

I recommend: Pete Murray - Lines

was a pretty successful song in australia, scoring some airtime on commercial radio. has got a great riff in it and a cool chorus. its fairly pop/rocky, but in a good way.

LTJ386
04-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Dibs on Lines!

LTJ386
04-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Sorry I didn't do it right the first time.

Lines - Pete Murray

Starts off with a nice little guitar riff. Vocals are pretty good, but the lyrics are a bit repetitive. Don't like the chorus very much. Guitar solo isn't bad. It's a decent song, but not really my style. 3.25/5

Now someone should review "Scarlet Begonias" by Sublime.

blueyxd
04-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Sublime - Scarlet Begonias

Is that the funky drummer sample?
Its an ok song, its got a pretty summery mood, I can imagine putting something like this on at the beach. Some bits annoy me though, especially the little blues type riff at the end of some lines and some of the vocal lines. I like when the congas or whatever they are come in, thats the best sounding part of the song to me. I'd probably get used to this song soon enough.

almost 7/10

[hr]
I didnt realize Sentiment would be so difficult to find, So this one has a link.

Capitol K - Pillow

A british guy doing experimental electronica and mixing in a fair few ethnic instruments.
This song is quite melodic, almost poppish. Someone said it reminded them of Squarepusher mixed with The Postal Service.

http://web3.epitonic.com/files/reg/songs/mp3/Capitol_K-Pillow.mp3

joshmay
04-10-2004, 01:13 AM
dibs.

wheelz
04-10-2004, 01:22 AM
squarepusher mixed with the postal service...

dizzamn

joshmay
04-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Capitol K - Pillow.

a little bit of a rough start. the guitar in the background is great. i love the percussion and vocals. the electronic quirks i didnt like. the modulation is great.definitely a strong song, in the moods it conveys very well. amazing variety. variable speeds add alot to it as well. overall a great download. wonderful. 7.9/10

earl scruggs - foggy mountain breakdown

definitely a break in the trend, but a great song nonetheless.

LTJ386
04-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Capitol K - Pillow.

a little bit of a rough start. the guitar in the background is great. i love the percussion and vocals. the electronic quirks i didnt like. the modulation is great.definitely a strong song, in the moods it conveys very well. amazing variety. variable speeds add alot to it as well. overall a great download. wonderful. 7.9/10

definitely a break in the trend, but a great song nonetheless.

Dibs.

p3ss1m1st
04-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Can someone tell me why I can't find the original Forced Listening Thread in a search? I was gone for a week and now it's not in the Pit? That's not cool.

Bartender
04-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Can someone tell me why I can't find the original Forced Listening Thread in a search? I was gone for a week and now it's not in the Pit? That's not cool.

I found it when I searched yesterday, I think. I just searched for "Forced Listening" in thread titles.

p3ss1m1st
04-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Well I tried "Forced Listening Thread," "Forced Listening," "Forced," and "Listening," but I think I'm retarded or something because it won't find it :upset:

SubtleDagger
04-10-2004, 04:07 PM
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2938737#post2938737

There you go.

Bartender
04-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Forced Listening (http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92332)

Strangely, it didn't show up first time I searched..but then it did.

EDIT: eep, beaten to it..

p3ss1m1st
04-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Thanks. I guess I'm just retarded.

Hurry up, LTJ!

Ramone
04-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Can i do this one? Earl scruggs?

Bartender
04-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Can i do this one? Earl scruggs?

I think LTJ has dibs on it.

Ramone
04-10-2004, 07:28 PM
His not online, he might not be online to tommorow.... or longer....

Ramone
04-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Screw it guys im doing it

Earl Scruggs - Foggy Mountain Break down

This a fast piece of bluegrass banjo music with a very catchy riff, the version i have downloaded is only 2.19 long. it is the same riff played over and over again, on Banjo, Guitar, Fiddle and harmonica. this song has many textures i really liked it and i think everyone should download this!! now!
i rate it 9/10 if it was longer 10/10

So after i listened to this i was inspired i headed to sound click and check out there bluegrass section, these are two of my favourite bluegrass/country song i discovered:

Neil Cotton - If My Mama Ruled The World
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/neilcottonmusic.htm
Listen to the lyrics they are great

And

Copus Hill - Little Darlin
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/copushillmusic.htm :thumb:

Bartender
04-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Fair enough, I think the thread works pretty well if we have several mini forced-threads within it. One thing - you're supposed to rate the song you review.

Ramone
04-10-2004, 09:05 PM
done.

LTJ386
04-10-2004, 10:23 PM
I'm here damnit, but I could find the song anyway.

manuscriptreplica
04-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Neil Cotton - If My Mama Ruled The World

Well, it's a country song, what can i say? a typical southern acoustic guitar chord progression (I think, what the hell would i know about country music?) and a nice laid back mood. The lyrics weren't that great, but the lines: "An older boy broke Mama’s first rule/He tripped me on my way to school. Her second law seemed to fit the crime/I shared my pain with a kick to his groin" are great. I dont think its very well composed i.e. it's not very smooth in some places, and the 2/4 bars throughout really throw it out of wack. On top of that, i dislike country music, so i'll give it a

5/10.

I recommend: One dollar short - board game

i was just flicking through my MP3's when i remembered this song. i saw it a few years back on channel v (like MTV) and liked it. Its a punk/pop punk song and i like it. that said, i'm not the biggest punk fan, but i really enjoy this song. Like the title would imply, its about a game of monopoly (I think) with hidden metaphors (about something). Very easy to find on the internet, especially on Kazaa.

Doctor D.
04-11-2004, 12:00 AM
One Dollar Short - Board Game

Not really my style at all. I really dislike it, musically. Lyrically it's cool. In all honesty I wouldn't have listened to this song if it were on the radio. I;d change stations. It's good for what it is....but I hate what it is. It gets a 4/10 for being good for what it is, and having clever lyrics.

I recommend - Southern Culture on The Skids - Cheap motels

Rockabilly/Pyschobilly song about Cheap Motles rooms. Very funny song. And has a pretty cool sounding guitar solo. Should be easy to find. Rather short though.

packerboarding21
04-11-2004, 12:06 AM
dibs :chug:

packerboarding21
04-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Well that downloaded quick........

Southern Culture on the Skids - "Cheap Motels"
You were right about it being funny. It was pretty much just a pointless song about cheap motels. I've got nothin' against pointless songs, though. I really liked the guitar riff intro, it was probably my favorite part of the song, because overall the it was rather repetative and uninteresting. It's fun listening, none the less, just certainly not something i would normally listen to at all.

3.5/10

My song: The Rapture - "House of the Jealous Lovers"
I've heard The Rapture classified as punk, but this song is not even close to what you would think of as typical punk. The lyrics are rather shallow (they never really change throughout the song), but I find everything else very interesting to listen to, despite the somewhat repetative nature of those, too. I know you can find it on limewire and kazaa.

Enjoy. :thumb:

manuscriptreplica
04-11-2004, 05:48 AM
i'll put dibseys on House of the Jealous Lovers

'Well that downloaded quick........' = :lol:

EDIT: The Rapture - House of the Jealous Lovers

What a horrible song! The intro is quite cool, but it descends from there. it starts with a nice bassline and a funky drumbeat, and guitar pulses out every so often. A more funky bassline follows, and that's where the song gets bad. the vocals are horrible, he is out of tune and can't sing at all. all he does is wail 'House of, the jealous lovers' extremely loudly and badly. The guitar tone in between these bad vocals is a tinny guitar that squeaks and groans for no reasons. I could hardly sit through the entire song, it is that bad.

3/10 - the start was quite cool. and the bass throughout is cool.

I Recommend: Stratovarius - Destiny.

This epic begins simply enough, with woman's vocals singing the melody. It goes for 10 minutes and is a power metal fest. A great, rocking song.

Doctor D.
04-11-2004, 02:33 PM
I call dibs!!!

Doctor D.
04-11-2004, 04:13 PM
I un-dibs. Can't find it.

Ramone
04-11-2004, 09:45 PM
EDIT:

cant find it, withdraw my dib :upset:

denboy
04-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Here's an idea for a rule. You can't dib before you actually have gotten the song. Then we'll have alot less posts cluttering up the thread

blueyxd
04-12-2004, 12:37 AM
and if you "dib" it, edit your post with that dib in it when you review the song, to save some space too. ;)

I'm downloading Destiny now. It'll take a while to get though because I'm on a slow connection. Hang in there!

__________________________________________________ __

Ok got it, the start has a very anthemic feel to it, probably because it is, I like this. The womans voice reminds me a bit of Lord of the Rings too..
Bam, a faster bit.. power-thrash is it?
Theres something 80's about the guitar riff here, it reminds me of something else, I cant think what, maybe its a mix of the Terminator movies, something with a car chase, and Aces High by Iron Maiden.

Then the obligatory solo, a pretty decent one at that.
Quiet bit, something about this sounds really good to me, the singing and keyboard/strings/choir/whatever it is go well together, and before you know it, theres the Power Ballad, the singer sounds a bit off here.. oh well.
Will it speed up just before the end????
ohh, nope. it ends on a high note like an opera or orchestra something something. Pretty cool overall, it would probably be better (or maybe worse) if I knew the lyrics to go along with it.

Overall, it was very fulfilling musically, I'd say that's a good indicator of a well written song. If I had anything bad to say about it... Power Metal has a certain cheesiness about it, and this showed a little bit, but I guess thats just a personal taste issue, so that doesnt weigh much into the score.

10/10 for the composition, but minus a bit for the cheese factor and the off singing in one part, although he does have some long notes to hold...
so... 9.1/10 bananas

__________________________________________________ ____

My next reccomend:

Michael Franti & Spearhead - Skin On The Drum (Bassnectar Remix)

VERY laid back piece. A pretty good remix if I can say so without having heard the original... but that's beside the point.
The site describes it as "Dreamy downtempo & trip hop", and I agree. This is night music, it'll probably sound better then..

get it from
http://www.bassnectar.net/audio/
length and file size warning - this is 8:20 and about 12mb
enjoy..

manuscriptreplica
04-12-2004, 09:29 AM
^^ I'll dibseys! i really wanna recommend a regurgitator song. so yeah.

Michael Franti & Spearhead - Skin On The Drum (Bassnectar Remix)

First of all, before hearing this song, i'll say that i hate remixes. This song may change that, but yeah. And i havent heard the original either.

The intro is quite cool. that kind of wavery, watery type of music is great. It is very relaxing like you said. the wah guitar is great. the original vocals (where he doesnt say words, just makes noises) is annoying to me. the verse, like the intro, is quite relaxing, its pretty much the same music for both the intro and the verse. the words are low key, adding to the relaxed feel. theres a guitar delay effect at 3:05 which i love. it lasts only a second, but its great.
Theres a change of tone (or something) at about 3:30, which is less relaxing, but oh well. Its still cool, just not as good as the earlier bit. it remains low-key for its entirety. it gets all electronic at about 6:00, which i enjoy. it sounds like a synthesized didgeridoo.

overall, a great relaxing piece. its not something i listen to all the time, but i will definately have a listen from time to time :thumb:
7.5/10.

I Recommend: Regurgitator - C'mon

i LOVE THIS SONG! I bought this album initially for the hit song 'fat cop' which had mild success. So i chucked it in, track no.1 c'mon and it blew me away. it fuses funk (kind of) and hip hop together -- excellent bass and drums, lyric-wise they flow very well, and they are humourous (if you can decipher them)
highly recommended! And i'm on both Kazaa and soulseek ATM and i'm sharing it so you should have no prob in finding it.

blueyxd: I'm glad you liked it (stratovarius)! It's good isn't it?

cytoplasmicblob
04-12-2004, 11:47 AM
dibs.

blueyxd
04-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I didnt mind Stratovarius, I've been meaning to check them out for a while, just not on a high priority. I thought they were more prog though, in a technicality sense, but thats ok.
Glad you liked Skin on the Drum, any change of perspective on remixes for you?

manuscriptreplica
04-13-2004, 07:49 AM
cytoplasmicblob: dude if you dib, dont take a day to respond please.

blueyxd: yeah it was cool. i am speaking about remixes that are dance. theres a couple that i really hate, one is 'never tear us apart' by INXS, and another one bohemian rhapsody by queen. both were done very badly and completely destoryed the song.

joshmay
04-13-2004, 08:58 AM
dibs should be void after 24 hours. starting now.

blueyxd
04-13-2004, 09:25 AM
or even... finding the song, or at least having access to it before calling it..

manuscriptreplica: ah yeah, those kind of rock songs that no one should remix in the first place... i'll say no more on this topic. I could reccomend a 2 or 3 other good song remixes though.. cause they do exist.

manuscriptreplica
04-13-2004, 11:42 PM
so like - can someone do the regurgitator song? its very good!

*discreetly accepts $$ from band*

blueyxd
04-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Well, I downloaded the song anyway, listening now.

Regurgitator - C'mon

I've heard this one before!! Did this have a video with 2 of the band members wearing a large shirt at the same time, siamese twin style?

Its kinda dance music, I cant really say what sort, I woulndt say its hip hop though. Its not really to my liking, I dont know what it is about it, its probably just too aggro or something. The use of samples is ok though, some strange things in there, some cool slap bass bits later on in the song.
Well you liked it lots, so there must be some issue with my personal tastes. I can't say much else about it.
Its not bad, theyre doing something a bit different. maybe 6 - 6.5/10 for me. If I liked the style more, I might have gone 7.5-8

__________________________________________________ ______

anyway...
Breakeven - En Vogue

Hardcore Ska band, they were locals, until they broke up. I only saw them once supporting Reel Big Fish, and I thought they were pretty good.
This songs not hardcore except for one bit.. its still powerful though.

http://mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=5580

manuscriptreplica
04-14-2004, 12:37 AM
^^ not thats fat cop. i dont like hardcore, so no dibseys

Bartender
04-14-2004, 07:42 AM
manuscript, whats your soulseek user? I can't find C'mon to download (I know it's not necessary now, but I like to download other songs from Forced Listening).

RIPJoeStrummer
04-14-2004, 03:29 PM
dibs.

RIPJoeStrummer
04-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Breakeven - En Vogue

This song didn't exactly a very good recording but it wasn't to bad. I liked the ska guitar riff in the intro and I thought the horns during the verse were really good. The drums throughout the whole song were well played but way to over powering. Overall the guitar was pretty good. Couldn't hear the bass at all. As for the vocals, the guy had a good hardcore voice, some good rythm in some parts although I thought it was slightly overdown near the end. If they recorded this a little more professionaly and maybe spiced it up a little more it would be amazing. It was quite good nevertheless. I give it a 7/10.

----

I suggest...

The Pixies - U-Mass

I know they're pretty well known and its not really introducing new music but this song is a little more unknown since it was on their last album that wasn't as big a hit as the others. If you don't know its Alt/Indie type music, similar to Modest Mouse.

Oh and you can probably find it on Kazaa, I'm not a hundred percent sure. If you can't, let me know and I'll give to you.

Enjoy.

pendrightheloved1
04-14-2004, 05:05 PM
U-mass has starts with a catchy guitar riff for one bar before the drums kick in. Almost immediately Franks insane lyrics start, making little sense but at the same time giving the idea of a deeper sense humour. The riff is repeated throughout the verse in the typical pixies standard, before a screamed chorus.

second verse is similar to the first, but with a bit more of an edge to it but lasts shorter before going back to the screamed chorus, which is followed by some more screaming over a descending scale solo. There is then a break with only drums before some guitar squealing and then a distorted semi-solo before cutting abruptly... one of the best songs on the Trompe le monde album

my reccomendation is

Rotterdam Terror Corps - God Is A Gabber or Brutal Attack
or Rob Gee - E.C.S.T.A.C.Y

Both are hardcore dance tunes, turn up your bass:thumb:

RIPJoeStrummer
04-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Got an x/10 for Umass?

pendrightheloved1
04-14-2004, 05:31 PM
9/10, good pixies song not the best

manuscriptreplica
04-15-2004, 03:18 AM
my soulseek is: manuscriptreplica

we probably will never be online at the same time, unless your australian. so yeah.

blueyxd
04-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Rotterdam Terror Corps - Brutal Attack

well.. the first 2 mins were ok, I was expecting hard drum stuff the whole way through after the first 4 bass/notes, but then theres someone sounding like Arnold Schwarznegger with a South African accent talking about proving that hardcore is not dying.. a melodic glockenspiel thing is also playing here, then a bit of military style snare roll thing.

rrrr, here is the main part I guess. hard techno drumming stuff, really does nothing for me.. the music behind it is strange, probably best described as a quick rising sound and a slower rising sound.. still doesnt do that much for me. This bit didnt last too long

But then it goes quiet again, glock and talking once more, some single note heavy synth bass too. ahahahah "if you are reeal hardcuu moderfwoucker", love the accent.
That bit is soon joined by a slow thumping bass drum.. then a slight break, then it gets back into, glock, bass, drums, rising synth sound. some bits come and go after here, no new things are introduced..

hmm, at 4:40, it seems to be over pretty quickly. My initial thoughts of me not liking it it went out the window, it actually wasnt bad at all... I guess it would be a good suggestion if you were just getting into that type of music. The guys accent made me laugh, (culturally insensitive bastard I am :D). The drums put me off a bit, thats a part which is for fans only.
I give it about 7.25/10 shoelaces

hmmm, calm or heavy? ... calm
Seascapes Of The Interior - Discriminating Wisdom
Australian post rock band from somewhere around Melbourne way.
This song has more normal instruments, played in a more normal way, though violin and trumpet do appear in it. The production isn't the best, it also seems to me that they tried to highlight the imperfections, but it still sounds beautiful and so very calming. Listen carefully at about 3:04 for the female voice. I really like that bit.

http://www.seascapesoftheinterior.com
Also check out the other samples on the site, there is some really good stuff.

KazooVirtuoso
04-16-2004, 12:02 AM
dibs on Seascapes Of The Interior

KazooVirtuoso
04-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Seascapes Of The Interior - Discriminating Wisdom

Ok, song's slowly fading in... Based on my limited post-rock knowledge, reminds me most of Explosions in the Sky so far. Singing with no actual words in the background - I like that. Still getting louder, and now other vocals are coming in. I like the light echoes on it. I can hear an accordian in the background here and there. And now backwords trumpet? Sounds nice. Now everything's fading out. Mmmm. Post-rockinly soothing.

7/10 - Not quite as good as most of the post-rock I like, but still pretty good.

I recommend:

27 - No Water
Kayo Dot - The Manifold Curiosity (if you don't mind a 15 minute song)
Denali - French Mistake

All should be available on Soulseek, but might be hard to get at times when not as many people are on.

RIPJoeStrummer
04-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Bump...we shouldn't let this die..

Bartender
04-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Awww. You didn't go for the fifteen minute one.

dibs on yours, anyway.

Bartender
04-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow

Starts off with just his voice; it's a good voice, I quite like it. Unobtrusive bassline in the background comes in soon, as does some very nice piano. About 1:10 in, all the instruments build for the line "Fifteen feet of pure white snow", and again at 1:50, after another verse. Carries on like this until 2:40 - short bridge leads to chanting voices in the background. Sounds very warm, after icy piano. After this, it returns to the same structure as before, until another climaxing chant-part at 4:30, which it stays with til the end (at 5:36).
Overall, I liked it, 7.5/10. It doesn't have much in the way of contrast, and the line "fifteen feet of pure white snow" gets a bit repetitive, but it's got enough good points to counter these bad ones.

EDIT: one thing about the song though, I don't see how it falls under "Other music". It sounds like it belongs more to an Alt./Indie grouping.

Songs:
Alec Empire - Path of Destruction (metal/techno)
DJ Shadow - Building Steam With a Grain of Salt (not sure..progressive hip-hop?)
The Pogues - Thousands Are Sailing or Bottle of Smoke (Irish folk rock)

manuscriptreplica
04-18-2004, 03:25 AM
^^ dizzle for the fizzle (currently downloading DJ Shadow - Building Steam With a Grain of Salt :D )

Edit: I did a whole review, but it got deleted! So undibs.

short review:

Pros:
Cool piano Intro
Wah guitar bit
generally relaxing atmosphere
Ambience filled piano bit

Cons:
Repetitive
Drum wankery ('lets see how many times we can hit the snare and bass drum in one beat without going out of time' - I dont see how people can possibly 1. like this or 2. Groove to it)
His spoken word intro. Its just too emo for me.

5/10

If no one else wants to do this, I recommend:

The Melvins - Honey Bucket
Great song. The Melvins are a lot like Black Sabbath - in they have a low, sludgy groove. Check em out :thumb:

blueyxd
04-20-2004, 07:56 AM
Finally... took ages to find
Melvins - Honey Bucket

boom, right into it. fast, aggro, the below average production of guitars stands out straight away since I'm listening through headphones. some alright sounding bit, and the drums are pretty fast and wild here, they could be louder though.
Then it turns into a typical sounding thrashage, even the vocals have a familiar tone... x2

Its all over so quickly. I've given it a few listens already and theres not really much else I can say about it.
its decent.. I cant really say anything is super good about it.. so something around 6.5/10

----------------------------------------------------
Anathema - Are You There?

It's slow, sad, near-ambient goth rock. Quite a beautiful song too.
No link, but it cant be that hard to find on those programs you use.

joshmay
04-20-2004, 09:47 PM
anathema - are you there?

starts out WONDERFULLY. my kind of stuff. nice ambient stuff, random psychdelic voices. nice female vocal samplings.

vocals start in. the guy sings good, but meh it doesnt fit really well at first. he blends in nicely pretty quick though. got somewhat boring for a second. suspenseful though. the drums start in with the guitar, and im really liking this. sounds like something i could listen to for an hour. the background vocals/ambient, i REALLY REALLY REALLY love. the drums are nice.

instrumental break. very good.

vocals come back in, mesh better this time. and you can understand him. the words are pretty. vocals keep going, say alot, not much variety though. the guitar fades into random noises that go good with the ambient part, the drums fade out good, then abruptly goes quiet into the subtle vocal samplings again which are the best part of the song.

a true musical voyage. i loved it
9.8/10 :D

broadcast - papercuts

shouldnt be hard to find...wonderful song.

joshmay
04-21-2004, 09:32 AM
by the way, are all anathema songs in this style? if so im buying a CD or two.

blueyxd
04-22-2004, 06:36 AM
wow, I was so hoping for a reaction like that. Some of thier other stuff is ambient like that one, but more often its rockish, and their earlier stuff is metal.
I'd recommend these songs for starters: Angelica, Alternative 4, Emotional Winter, Release, Barriers, A Fine Day To Exit, A Natural Disaster... and A Dying Wish for a metal one.
Hope you like them, I've not long been into Anathema myself, but they're shaping up to be one of the best and most consistently good bands I've heard.

RIPJoeStrummer
04-22-2004, 10:32 AM
I'll do Joshmays tonight unless someone does it before me.

Bartender
04-22-2004, 12:01 PM
I'll do it. Never heard of the song or the band before, so I don't know what to expect..

Broadcast - Papercuts
Starts out with a relatively fast little rhythm, sounds vaguely electronic, with organ? and light percussion behind it. I like these female vocals, and the "aaah" occasionally in the background. Little bit different about a minute in, and I like the vocals here again, especially now they're showing a little more diversity (in terms of tone); a chorus? Whether it is or not, we're back to what it was before..halfway through the song now, it's decent enough, but I'm waiting for someting to happen. Nothing does though. It fades out after four and a half minutes with some more slightly electronic sounds..

6.5-7/10 - it was sounding good, but nothing seemed to happen (and not in a relaxing way).

Songs:
Alec Empire - Path of Destruction (metal/dance-techno-kinda-thing - I don't know those sorts of genres very well)
The Pogues - Thousands are Sailing or Bottle of Smoke (Irish folk-rock)
Maldoror (Merzbow and Mike Patton) - Twitch of the Death Nerve (Noise)

joshmay
04-22-2004, 12:07 PM
i'll do "The Pogues" song in a couple of hours, when i'm at home :)

and the broadcast song, what gets me is the lyrics. i love them.

Bartender
04-22-2004, 12:12 PM
^Ah, that might explain it then..I didn't listen to the lyrics all that much, though I did like the lyrics in the chorus-bit (about writing "a page about me, in your diary").

RIPJoeStrummer
04-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Ahhh I wanted to do the Progues, oh well, I'll do yours josh.may.

joshmay
04-22-2004, 07:30 PM
the pogues - bottle of smoke

nice intro. accordian or melodica or something? im not good at recognizing those types of instruments...

and here come the lyrics. smash in face drunken hollering. not bad. amazingly in tune. first verse over. instrumental interlude. my favorite part. layered vocal things now. can't make out anything aside from "bottle of smoke" and a few expletives. another great instrumental break. some stringed instrument. now clogging lines are implemented. awesome indeed. a shout. more instrumentals. this is great stuff. very fun to listen to, im going to learn to play some sometime. vocals are a downside.

8/10

shabak S - sakana lahevra

:) welcome to yidXcore, my friends. shalom.

joshmay
04-24-2004, 12:01 PM
what happened to the thread? :sad:

Bartender
04-24-2004, 01:01 PM
I'll do it tonight if no one gets here before me. Can't at the moment though.

manuscriptreplica
04-24-2004, 11:11 PM
I looked for that song everywhere but couldn't find it. Oh well

rokstar
04-25-2004, 05:14 AM
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/akaisakura/life/TBM/06-Battle_Theme(FFVI).mp3
EDIT: You may have to click ^ this ^ link twice to get it to download.

This song is the Battle Theme for Final Fantasy VI by The Black Mages. Kickass instrumental rock song. I don't want to say that it's like Liquid Tension Experiment, but I know no better way to describe it.

The whole album can be downloaded here: http://www.geocities.com/akai_sakura/TBM.html (for a geocities site, it's fairly stable and functional).

But anyway, great instrumental rock band.

joshmay
04-25-2004, 12:28 PM
i apologize folks. i recommend EVERYONE get soulseek. best program ever.

Bartender
04-25-2004, 12:33 PM
^seconded. All of my recommendations are checked on Soulseek.

joshmay
04-25-2004, 12:36 PM
so mr bartender, review my song before i pound ya :cool:;)

Bartender
04-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Rather stupidly, I can't find it on Soulseek..

RIPJoeStrummer
04-25-2004, 12:52 PM
I looked aswell on Limewire and Acquisition. Not there.

blueyxd
04-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Google: Your search - shabak sakana lahevra - did not match any documents.

are you sure on the spelling?

manuscriptreplica
04-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Dude, just request a new song. Or something. I want to recommend a new one.

and Shabak does give results, but not the song that we're looking for.

RIPJoeStrummer
04-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Alright, whatever. Josh, you got another?

joshmay
04-26-2004, 11:02 AM
sure thing.

kayo dot - pitcher of summer

i would reccomend another but it would be over the time limit. anywho thats a great song.(and sorry i didnt post a secondary song earlier:))

manuscriptreplica
04-27-2004, 07:37 AM
Kayo Dot - A Pitcher of Summer

Odd song. I read a biography on them, and they were described as grindcore, so I was expecting some heavy thing at 300 bpm. Pleasantly surprised then, when I found out it was almost a carbon copy of a Jeff Buckley song :) . I like jeff Buckleys stuff a lot, so I liked this a lot. very relaxing, laid back, the acousitc guitars are nice, his voice isnt the best when he tries to get those high notes, but I can deal with that. Overall, a great song which I will give:

8/10.

My recomendation: Resin Dogs - Set it Off

This is an awesome hip hop/funk song. It's got a horn section too! Check it out, great bass, vocals, and horn section.

manuscriptreplica
04-29-2004, 09:29 AM
bump

resin dogs are cool

joshmay
04-29-2004, 09:36 AM
resin dogs - set if off

started off with a nice upbeat rhythm. then come the typical hip-hop vocals. nothing to go crazy over. the music comes in and this feels somewhat TOP-ish. very nice. then i realize the vocals are nice and fit well with the song. lyrics are unclever, unfortunately. nice little "skratchin" solo. doesnt change much throughout the whole song...upbeat keeps you going though. i have listened to nothing but progressive stuff the past week so this seems a little bland to me, but it is a nice song. probably some of the best hip-hopish stuff i've ever heard. and their bassist can play fast fingerstyle stuff :)

8.01/10

Presidents of the USA - Millions of Peaches

should be easy to find. also listed simply as "peaches" sometimes.

blueyxd
04-30-2004, 06:27 AM
heh, ill take on peaches, havent heard it in years. getting now..

OK.. Presidents of The USA - Peaches

they played on really cheap instruments right? like a strat, some cheap bass and a kids drumkit? if so they got a decent sound out of them.

hahah this brings back memories, those lyrics... I liked the music way back when it was released, now I have a more mature outlook on the whole music thing, and it still sounds alright. I remember the video too, the ninja bit at the the creepier kind of music. They must have had lots of fun making this song.
As tacky and silly as the lyrics are, its still pretty fun and I cant help but smile. ahh the memories.
9/10

------------------------------------------------------------
ok.. I cant decide one song.

someone choose from these:
Portishead - Mysterons (trip hop)
Gordian Knot - Muttersprache (instrumental technical prog rock)
Anathema - Angelica (sad atmospheric gothish rock)
Darren Hanlon - Falling Aeroplanes (soft acoustic folky.. soft rock)

denboy
04-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Anathema - Angelica

Starts out with a clean very soft and low guitar intro thingie.
40 seconds into the song I was expecting it to blast off, but it's just the intro thingie a little higher in volume, and it slowly builds up with violins in the background.
Now the guitars kick off with a little bit of distortion.
Now the singer comes in, he sounds.. A bit like he's dying in the way he sings... Best way to describe this.
So far it's a great song.
It keeps going in the same way as before, with no changes really. All the instruments fit well together. It's a very beautiful song.

8/10

Freak Kitchen - Ugly side of me

This song is hard rock, as hard as hard rock can get before becoming metal.
It has a few odd time sigs, and is filled with very weird/chaotic, but great riffs

If you can't find it, I'll upload it.

denboy
04-30-2004, 11:00 PM
I'm going to bed now, but if anyone wants to dib it, I've uploaded it here :
(right click, save target as)
http://www.geocities.com/naijfboi/freakugly.zip

blueyxd
04-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Freak Kitchen - The Ugly Side Of Me

Sounds like itll be fast from the intro. beedoleulodudooel guitar run.
It sounds potentially technical with all the time sigs they go through. Slightly thrashy, and it has a bit of an 80's feel about it in the chorus. The singer sounds like one of the pop-rock singers, lucky for me I cant think who, though that doesnt matter too much.

Well, the guitar work isnt all that technical, theres a few lead breaks here and there.
I'm liking it, but something about the music puts me off, (its not the time sigs because I like that kind of stuff).

Theres a slightly reggae bit. nice.

A guitar solo too. The lead up to the solo was better than the solo itself...

This will be fun for me to air/table drum to when I get to know the song well and work out all the times they use. Just something about it gets to me.. In time I'm sure I'll get used to it. Maybe its trying to be ugly as the title implies.
Its pretty good but I take off some points for something.. whatever it is. :confused:
8.5/10

--------------------------------------------------------
4 choices

Portishead - Mysterons (trip hop)
Gordian Knot - Muttersprache (instrumental technical prog rock)
Darren Hanlon - Falling Aeroplanes (soft acoustic folky.. soft rock)
Squarpusher - Tetra-Sync (jazzy electronica with some crazy slap bass - [9 mins])

blueyxd
05-03-2004, 07:30 AM
this is a good thread, its worth bumping.. especially when its dropping off the first page. who thinks this is worth a stickiness? the song suggestions in R+M is.. though this format works better

joshmay
05-03-2004, 08:55 AM
when we secure a mod in here *wink wink* this will get a sticky most likely. :)

Bartender
05-03-2004, 01:55 PM
I wanna download one of them (got my eye on that Squarpusher actually), but meine Computer ist gestorben. So I'm having to sort it out..I'll probably be able to do it tomorrow night (24 hours from now) if no one else has.

manuscriptreplica
05-03-2004, 09:25 PM
I want to do that squarepusher song too, it sounds interesting... if you want to do it, i'll do a review of it, then you can as well. I don't really want to recommend any songs at the moment anyway.

manuscriptreplica
05-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Joshmay: Can't you use your powers to get a supermod to sticky it?

joshmay
05-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Darren Hanlon - Falling Aeroplanes

very nice mandolin solo playing to start off with, i think. an atypical mandolin style. very nice. good vocals. the rhythm then sets in and the song gets going. i like it alot. sounds like you're sitting with him at a campfire listening to him. good lyrics too i suppose. narrative lyrical. great folk song, i really dug it. 6.97/10

the residents - the ultimate disaster

red house painters - song for a blue guitar

take your pick :)

manuscriptreplica
05-04-2004, 12:44 AM
dizzle to the fizzle on red house painters (nearly finished downloading)

Ok, here's Red House Painters - Song for a Blue Guitar

The overall vibe I get from this song is melancholic. It's probably in a minor key, 6/8 time, with an acoustic strumming away on some chords over a light drum beat. It's ok, the acoustic has an odd tone to it, which I sort of don't like. It is really too slow and repetitive to keep my attention for it's relatively long length (6:00). The harmonies with the female singer are great. The steel pedal is classical country style - it is done quite well. Overall, a decent song, but nothing to get excited about.

4.5 / 10

I recommend three songs today, i'm feeling generous (and very metal-y)

Cryptopsy - Slit Your Guts (HIGHLY recommended - brutal death at its very finest)
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence (Jazz/Technical Death. Also highly recommended)
Dark Angel - Perish in Flames (Unbelievable good thrash. Awesome song by an awesome band)

If you aren't into metal much, go for the Atheist one, it's not really that heavy. And please someone OTHER than Bartender at least consider doing this!!!

blueyxd
05-05-2004, 12:12 AM
I thought Kithkin was the mod for here... oh well

btw, I'll keep the Squarepusher song (and the other 2) for next time I do a review... which probably wont be too far away in time knowing me..

manuscriptreplica
05-07-2004, 08:16 PM
metal is good

Cryptopsy - Slit Your Guts
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Dark Angel - Perish in Flames

joshmay
05-09-2004, 12:19 PM
dibs.

Cryptopsy - Slit Your Guts

starts off with some noise i like alot, and then this goes into a grind/thrash thing, and im on a binge for that lately. the only thing i dont care alot about are the vocals. the guitar part is just burning it up and great. this a great song to drive to or whatever, in my opinion. the drums are blazing fast, the guitars follow, and its just in general a great song for what it is. very in your face. also has some noise elements that i like alot. 8/10

i reccomend:

blues traveler - but anyway

clara rockmore - rachmaninoff vocalise

lester flatt and earl scruggs - old salty dog blues

take your pick.

blueyxd
05-10-2004, 06:03 AM
Blues Traveler - But Anyway
Well, it seems I found a live version. No matter.

It's a medium speed foot-tappin blues song. The singer sounds pretty decent, sounds like he can handle it pretty well live, not that I've heard the studio version, he has a good voice for this music. Theres harmonica breaks throughout. Not sure on the lyrics, but they sound a bit apathetic. But hey, thats fine.

Theres a pretty nuts harmonica solo. Then a guitar solo too, with hammond organ joining in too. It keeps a steady pace, I can imagine seeing this live and its looking pretty good, a twisting, bopping mass of crowd. Its quite fun actually. Bass solo too!! Great... well its not super technical like any Sean Malone or anyone like that, but it fits in. Another guitar solo which sounds quite tricky.

Then its back into the singing. AAH, another guitar solo, short one though.. it slows for the last 2 bars... crowd goes wild! ITS OVER

That was great, not my usual kind of style, but having the live version really did it for me. I can imagine this song would go down so well and the atmosphere and energy from the crowd would be pretty grand. Those solo's would fire me up pretty well too.

As a live song... probably 9/10
as a studio song.. I would imagine a lower score.. but I got the live one so 9/10.

oh yeah
Portishead - Mysterons (trip hop [Its got a theremin, Josh ;)])
Squarepusher - Tetra-Sync (jazzyish electronica with slap bass as fast as i can type this: aogioabglksdhgioseoubgsd)
Gordian Knot - Muttersprache (instruemntal technical prog-heavy-rock)

joshmay
05-10-2004, 03:06 PM
dibs.

Portishead - Mysterons

this song made me fall in love with this band. starts of nice and peaceful with the beat that keeps things moving. then a nice graceful theremin interlude, and the vocals come in. female. very nice. the marching snare rolls are nice. and the ambient guitar accents the vocals well too. sounds extremely eclectic (sp?). more theremin, nice synth work. chilling! this song was great. 18.5/20

joshmay
05-10-2004, 04:16 PM
recommendations:

clara rockmore - rachmaninoff vocalise

bob marley and the wailers - so jah seh

KazooVirtuoso
05-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs - Old Salty Dog Blues

I've never really listened to bluegrass before, but this is pretty good. Catchy stuff. I like the vocal harmonies, but I suppose most bluegrass has them? Groovy little banjo solo-ish section. I think this is something I could listen to more often, whenever the mood hits. I give it 7.5/10. Catchy.

I recommend:

27 - No Water - dreamy indie-ish with a nice female singer, this song has a sort of mysterious vibe

The Pocket Dwellers - B-Boys - a rap/funk/jazz band

Self - Trunk Fulla Amps - indie-pop made entirely with toys, you might like it if you like Beck

Estradasphere - Hunger Strike - a 20 minute song... The band is somewhat comparable to Mr. Bungle. This song is mostly gypsy-ish eastern European stuff (they have a lot of songs in this style), with a dab of metal at one part. Some great solos in there, I love the sax solo.

joshmay
05-10-2004, 06:56 PM
dibs.

27 - No Water

starts with eloquent piano intro, drums come in, i love the sound these drums have. then the warbly guitar hit, the vocals come in. this has a wonderful feel to it. the song's color is black. some nice overdubbing too, subtle enough to be perfect. the backing brass parts are great too, hiding just beneath the surface of the song. this song isnt very progressive but for that style, it isnt necessary. beautiful. beautiful. 9/10. i'm getting the whole album.

i recommend:

naked city - part one (un midi moins dix)

ambulance ltd - primitive

penguin cafe orchestra - telephone and rubber band

:D

RIPJoeStrummer
05-10-2004, 08:42 PM
dibs...

RIPJoeStrummer
05-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Ambulance Ltd. - Primative

Nice little melo intro good so far. In come the vocals, I like them, they've got a cool vibe to them. Catchy little chorus thing, I'm really starting to like these vocals. Pretty good guitar interlude. Overall I really like this song, its nice and melo with a happyness to it. I'm going to check out more of this band, tis my kind of music. 9/10

my suggestions:

Flashlight Brown - Go and Die
They're a Canadian pop-punkish band, really fun to listen to.

or

The Weakerthans - Over Retired Exlorer
Another really good Canadian band, I have no clue what genre they'd be, probably alt/folk/punk I guess. One of my favourite bands.

You should be able to find either song on any of the major downloading programs.

blueyxd
05-11-2004, 08:54 PM
The Weakerthans - Our Retired Explorer (Dines With Michel Foucault In Paris, 1961)

That modern punk sound hits me from the very start - the singers voice, the guitar, and the feedback, however, the drums are rock styled.
ohh its got that drum pattern...
Sn|--xx--x-|
Bs|x----x--|
which I absolutely hate. good job its only used sparingly in the chorus, and its not too prominent either. It's even worse when the snare is doubled by hand claps... but it doesnt happen in this song, so its all good. The music is fairly simple and somewhat catchy.

The song has a certain warmth about it and it draws you in. The singer is fairly easy to understand, the lyrics sound good. I think it's someone telling a story about going to antarctica many years ago, im not sure if its told as if it really happened or as if the guy is imagining it, and he now wants to go back.

It's a short song, it probably could have gone another verse at least. As simple as it is, I like the way it sounds. That drum pattern... its there, but its not really that bad in this song, so I wont take much off for it. Not the type of music I'd listen to often, but it was good for what it was.
7.4/10

Squarepusher - Tetra-Sync (jazztronic and madcore bass.. I think Bartender wanted to do this one)

Gordian Knot - Muttersprache (instrumental prog heavy rock)

Bright Eyes - One Foot In Front Of The Other (Indie/country)
http://randomfoo.net/junk/200304/12%20-%20Bright%20Eyes%20-%20One%20Foot%20In%20Front%20of%20the%20Other.mp3
if that link doesnt work properly (it might download a song called I Believe instead).. look on this page, about halfway down for the link http://randomfoo.net/?p=2003_04_13_archive.inc

RIPJoeStrummer
05-12-2004, 06:25 AM
dibs on bright eyes, I'll do it at lunch.

RIPJoeStrummer
05-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Bright Eyes - One Foot In Front Of The Other

My friends have always urged me to get into bright eyes but I never really did. Now I can see why they like them so much, their lyrics are amazing. This song is slow and soothing and has that awesome touching feeling to it. It's really weel writen in all the aspects, the lyrics and vocals are great and the music fits so well with the rest of it. Definetly a great song. 9/10

my suggestions:

Flashlight Brown - Go and Die(pop-punk i guess)

or

The Toadies - Tyler(rock)

Bartender
05-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Squarepusher - Tetra-Sync (jazztronic and madcore bass.. I think Bartender wanted to do this one)

Bartender did, but he downloaded it and got frightened.. It's an awesome song, there's just not much I could say about it beyond "er..wow.." I just don't think I'd be any good describing it. You weren't kidding about the bass.

No dibs for me on RIP's either (too busy at the moment).

joshmay
05-12-2004, 11:48 AM
dibadibadibdibs.

the toadies - tyler

starts off with simple rock guitar intro. sounds a little bit punk influenced, but more rockish. catchy to begin with vocals come in as expected, quite good vocals. the feedback thing the guitar is doing in the background is good. nice little rock chorus. nothing new. but very good. sound like a garageband, a very tight garage band. MUCH MUCH better than "mister love", the only other song of their's i have heard. this song gets better every second it goes on. really energetic. it keeps growing on me :) 8/10

i recommend:

unsane - hazmat

the spill canvas - caterpillars

plastic peacocks - kamikazi

joshmay
05-12-2004, 03:34 PM
please someone. i want to keep this thing rolling. heh.

and if you didnt notice, this thread doubly pwns me.

Bartender
05-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Plastic Peacocks - Kamikazi
I actually downloaded this last night, but then MX wouldn't work til almost midnight, so I didn't have time to do it :( Anyway, I've no idea what to expect from these guys..

Okay, this seems to be a guitar rock sort of song, with good vocals (I like the distortion), and fairly strong bass. Not like the bass is overpowering, just I'm more aware of it than I usually am for some reason. The guitar reminds me of something, can't place it though..I really like the vocals, I think they're distorted (though I don't really trust my hearing). The verse as a whole is okay, maybe slightly dull, but the chorus is good, the tone of the song shows a little more diversity, and I love the droning vocals, falling in tone, leading into the chorus parts. I swear the singer just said "waves of falling pork"...the little breakdown just before the end is cool too.

It was alright. I think it got a bit repetitive (I picked out the word "crazy" many many times), and there wasn't much variety as far as I could tell. The kinda jangly guitar (which play alone at the beginning and then continue throughout) I liked, as well as the vocals.. "Waves of falling pork" makes it 7.5/10. I'm gonna keep it, but I don't think I'll be listening to it all that much.

Songs:
Maldoror - Twitch of the Death Nerve (noise/experimental)
John Williams - Pavane (composed by Faure) (classical - John Williams not essential, tis just the version I have)
Alec Empire - Path of Destruction (metal/technodancewhatever)

joshmay
05-13-2004, 07:29 PM
EDIT : undibs. im terribly sorry.

blueyxd
05-15-2004, 12:48 AM
I want to do that Alec Empire one... but cant find it.
Do any of you use msn, irc, or aim?

joshmay
05-15-2004, 08:11 AM
i wont be back on my home computer until monday, but i could get it to you then...

Bartender
05-15-2004, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I've got MSN and AIM (though I don't use AIM much) as well, but I'm incapable of sending mp3s, as I'm afflicted with a dial-up connection. Sorry.

blueyxd
05-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Faure - Pavane
I got a (the?) classical version.

It's quiet, sounds good, what does it remind me of?
... Autumn? Sitting around a crackling fireplace?
Pizzicatto cello goes throughout until... the loud burst.
It stops for a bit, but then comes back.
Theres a minor scale or mode used, but it doesn't sound sad or anything bad, it just sounds right.

There dont seem to be that many instruments playing, just a few strings-bowed and pizzicato, a clarinet, maybe some brass.. maybe not. Its hard to actively listen to, a passive listening makes it sink in so much better. It would be really good mood music if it was cold and the fireplace was going.

Geez, I dont have that much to say about it.. its very warm, slow and calming, really nice.
I'm definitely keeping this one, and itll go on the calm-only playlist too.
Though I didnt say much.. I have nothing bad to say about it.
10/10

both songs are 9 minutes so Green rectangle alert!

blueyxd
05-15-2004, 11:31 PM
^I'll do alec empire next time, cause I found it :D

joshmay
05-16-2004, 07:40 PM
Squarepusher - Tetra-Sync

starts off with some british speak. hah. and then the drummer plays around with cymbals. i like that. synths sweeping in background. i like that. drums getting complex. a little guitar here and there. TONS of reverb and spacey effects loading everything. the drums even have some on them. its color is a deep dark black. with white flares. wow. i thought this was live at first, now they have this little beat going making it sound like a scratched vinyl album. and wow the bassist is playing up high on the D string with tons of blurpy mids, and then the synth "wowz"ing in behind him and you have a keyboard line behind that, nice soft and melodic. the drums are just as complex but have turned dance style. bass comes in again, midi sounding. eerie and trancey at the same time. eloquent and hyper. wow the song somehow faded from nice and peaceful to quirky and robotic and my head is spinning. very chilling. wow. now some super fast slap bass. im liking that. OUCH what was that. YIKES there again. is my head exploding? i dont really know! are robots taking over the earth as i type this? quite possibly. now we have snare rudiments. it seems the cyborgs brought their marching band with them. AH NO DONT SWEEP ME UP IN YOUR ROBOTIC ARM ROBOT MAN. boom. and are they grinding up planets? ah... nice melancholic drums work again. work that hi-hat, baby. theres a guitar. whos that doing here? goodbye.

that song stole my sanity and returned it back in a few rugged pieces. 9.3/10

i recommend (some songs you may have to get specifically off me at soulseek (joshmay41465)):

chromelodeon - wily's castle

lustmord - black star

navicon torture technologies - the pit

joshmay
05-17-2004, 10:24 PM
please.

blueyxd
05-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Lustmord - Black Star

Minimalist

Slow

Dark space

Howling

But...
some light comes through.

I'm feeling sick, and this kind of music seems ok now.
Anti-active.
If I was well.. I probably would want something more active.

15 minutes long and not much happens.
The name fits well- its dark but there are glimmers of light too.
Theres not enough stuff in there for me, way too much space. The calmest/most minimalist stuff I'd listen to has more than Black Star.
I can't say it was bad, but its not something I'd get all excited about with the minimalism or darkness of it all.
5.5/10

Gordian Knot - Sing Deep Mountain a 9 minute technical-heavy-melodic-prog-rock work (of genius)

joshmay
05-19-2004, 03:28 PM
dibsamajigs.

joshmay
05-21-2004, 11:05 AM
sorry. undibs. i have searched for THREE DAYS and cant find the file. maybe list some alternatives? :)

blueyxd
05-22-2004, 02:16 AM
umm, you could get it from me on soulseek.
but youre not on, so in the meantime... heres a bunch of songs that I was planning to use for this in the future..

Curse Ov Dialect - Shamans ... experimental hip hop, for which you'll need probably soulseek to find
Solotaro - A Walk With Fate .. experimental trip-hip-hop.. http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/ozmusicmonth/02/mp3/Solotaro.mp3
The Grand Silent System - Stint The Obey experimental ethnico-jazz-rocka http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=3438
Anathema - Alternative 4 way creepy ambirock

joshmay
05-26-2004, 12:36 AM
anyone going to do this? i cant find the song.

blueyxd
05-26-2004, 06:35 AM
what about the GK one? I sent it to you.. or at least someone with the same name as you..

joshmay
05-26-2004, 10:08 AM
haha yeah i have that one. but it wasnt part of your recommendations. :p i'll do it though.

gordian knot - sing deep mountain

-starts off with a like drop A bass intro and some way dowtuned drums. pretty guitar layers over top of a beat that sounds evil. something about this song gives it this quality that is just sounds like an unpatterned jam. things are too random, loose, etc. thats weird because GK isnt known for that. there are some nice shredfests every now and then that sound great, but whenever its just soft easy jamming this really doesnt do anything for me. decent, but nothing to go crazy over. 6.7/10

i recommend:

coil - broccoli
damien rice - the blower's daughter
dillinger escape plan - sugar coated sour

Bartender
05-30-2004, 01:30 PM
This thread kind of died for a while..

Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter

Starts with gentle guitar strumming and a voice. Sounds like it's a good voice for singing, which should be good for a gentle acoustic song. Got some strings coming in in the background now. So far his voice actually seems so-so.. mostly it's good, and is highlighted by the high part he does on "Can't take my eyes off you", but at other times it seems like it was about to waver and crack, which is annoying me slightly. I like the strings on the chorus'..he's singing high now, around 3:30, and I can't decide whether I really like it or whether I think it sounds stupid.

Well, it certainly wasn't terrible - I liked his voice (sometimes), and the use of strings - but the song seemed lacking. Maybe he has other songs I'd like more. I think 6.5/10 for this one, for the quality of the tools but the lack of anything really good having been crafted.

Songs:
Alec Empire - The Path of Destruction (metal/technodancethingy)
Einsturzende Neubauten - Ende Neu (industrial/experimental) - if possible get the live version, as it has a good (not guitar) solo at the start.
Mr Bungle - Slowly Growing Deaf, Squeeze Me Macaroni or Carousel (experimental, from their funkier album)

joshmay
05-30-2004, 03:12 PM
i'm sorry, i meant to suggest cannonball by him...his lyrics really are genius.

anywho im going to be away from home for the next week, with only 56k connection, so i cant really check this stuff out. i'm going to be back in full force next week, so you folks better be getting ready. this thread's going to move at warp speed :cool:

hehe.

Bartender
05-30-2004, 06:05 PM
That made me feel wonderful..I'm on 56K all the time.

I'm slowly bringing everyone down to my level :cool:

blueyxd
05-31-2004, 05:56 AM
56k.... that doesnt stop me from finding and getting stuff
being away for 4 days does slow me down though :p

Alec Empire - Path Of Destruction

quiet stringed intro, grimly sounding. some talk of a bleak future.
and bang- it goes pretty hard.. core, heavy industrial electronic drums with a techno sounding "doosh" bass drum. he screams it up a fair bit.
its the soundtrack of a mechanical soccer riot

its got its ups and downs, quiet and soft, then loud and hard (most of the time)
it speeds up lots towards the end and finishes pretty hard. the outro.. cant even hear it right now, probably doesnt matter

well... its heavy electronic/industrial music with lots of yelling, so if you liked metal and wanted to get into techno, or vice versa.. this would probably be a good crossover song. However, I'm not. I havent heard much of this kind of music... and I dont think I will be after it in the forseeable future. I dont see myself liking this song much, maybe if I get angry.. but thats rare.

6/10

Curse Ov Dialect - Shamans ... experimental hip hop, for which you'll need probably soulseek to find
Solotaro - A Walk With Fate .. semi-experimental trip-hip-hop.. the link is up a few posts^

pixiesfanyo
05-31-2004, 08:43 AM
Solotaro - A Walk With Fate
It starts off with a beat very reminiscent of the streets. Then some scratching comes in which blows that comparison away. Nice women vocals come in with a very trippy sense to them. Some guy comes in and starts talking about hits and breasts, (Also kittens). It seems very different then most of the other rap I have heard. Gets kind of repetitive like most rap songs. The women’s vocals come back in, I like them alot. The guy comes back in..he is boring. The lyrics seem to have substance just I don't like his voice that much. Scratching solo makes it a little interesting and then we get back to the very strange women vocals, which are awesome. The rest of the song is just backing back and forth between the women vocals and the rapper.

It was decent, not my kind of music though.

6.4/10

Songs:

Damien Rice - Eskimo ( Acoustic Opera :))

Velvet Chain - Strong ( Trippy Alternative )

Shabutie - Godfather's Lollipop ( Porn Rock )

KazooVirtuoso
06-02-2004, 07:04 AM
Velvet Chain - Strong

Starts with a sort of hip-hop-ish beat and some female vocals in the background. Then the full song actually kicks in. Simple but kinda nice bassline. Guitars playing a sort of light little ditty. I'm starting to not like the vocals as much now. Not bad, but they seemed to have more promise at the beginning part. I'm a big fan of great soothing female vocals, so this song's vocals has a lot of competition. Not a whole lot changing, this is getting sort of repetitive... A bit more, still more of the same... Eventually fades out.

6/10

Not good, not bad. Too repetitive (saying a lot coming from someone who likes post-rock). Had promise, didn't live up to it.

-The Pocket Dwellers - Shine - Rap/funk/jazz band, this is a mellower song.
-Calexico - Bloodflow - Seen them called alternative country, but I'm not sure I agree... Not sure what else to call them, though. From my favorite album (The Black Light), which never seems to get recognition.
-Gruvis Malt - Malaise - Jazzy rap/rock
-The Cardigans - Iron Man - Lounge-y indie-pop, covering the Sabbath song

Bartender
06-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Bump.

I didn't realise Kazoo was past the dibs stage. Maybe you should've bumped the thread with a new post.

joshmay
06-06-2004, 08:42 PM
shotgun.

the cardigans - iron man

KazooVirtuoso
06-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Welcome back :thumb:

Got your message last night, but I was disconnected sometime before I came and saw it.

Bartender
06-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Bump.

Slow download eh?

Luxor
06-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Death Cab For Cutie - President Of What?

joshmay
06-10-2004, 06:23 PM
someone else take it. i have literally searched for all of those files several times a day the past few days. no dice. :(

KazooVirtuoso
06-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah man, the search on Soulseek hasn't been working very good lately (if at all). Most of those shouldn't be too hard to find. The Cardigans should be very easy to find, and the others not-so-easy but still not too hard.

Bands that turned up hundreds of results a few months ago have barely been giving me anything at all now. Especially the past couple days.

Bartender
06-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I'd noticed that as well. I still found some results though, mostly for the Cardigans and Calexico. They're akk queued though, so if anyone wants to jump in ahead of me, go for it.

~Thy Trooper~
06-11-2004, 02:22 AM
Possible dibs.

I'll delete this if not. The Cardigans one jumps from 15-20 minutes on download to 3 hours. :-/

jimi clapton
06-11-2004, 03:39 AM
ook, i wanna get some of these songs, but.... i'm scared. basically last couple of times i had kazaa my computer got loads of viruses... are there any other programs that are ok for this? whats soulseek like?

blueyxd
06-11-2004, 07:08 AM
soulseek is good.. though I did find cydoor on my computer.. and those files created on the same day that I got soulseek.. but I removed it and everything still works.
just dont get .exe and similar files if you are worried about viruses.

I'll do Gruvis Malt or Pocket Dwellers if Trooper doesnt get the song

Bartender
06-11-2004, 07:41 AM
www.slsknet.org for Soulseek, I think.

~Thy Trooper~
06-11-2004, 03:10 PM
The Cardigans- Iron Man

Ooh. this song is Groooovy. :cool: Very relaxing. Starts off with that nice guitar riff and the drums. Ah, I was wondering about that. It's a cover of Black Sabbath's. The singing is quite different (very different). They make the song a lot more jazzy and funky. I like it alot. Now is that a triggered drumset? or Electronic one maybe? It has nice little guitar mini-solos before the singer comes in. This is truly a relaxing song. Definately a good cover of Iron Man. At 2:00 minutes in, it changes a bit. Gets a bit calmer. Nice guitar riff through this part. I love the singers voice. 2:45 it goes back to normal. Nice little keyboard riff. (I think it's a keyboard...:confused:) Very good song indeed. ("OH IRONMAN...") :cool: Around 3:30, a nice little solo again, before the singer goes into a large ammount of "Boop boo bee doop doo bee boops". Then the song fades out. That is a very nice song.

9/10 Nice :cool:

Praxis- Cold Rolled and Iron Dub
Praxis- Seven Laws of Woo
The Gathering- Great Ocean Road

pixiesfanyo
06-11-2004, 03:13 PM
dibs on that shiznat

~Thy Trooper~
06-12-2004, 01:24 AM
You still doing that Pixie?

joshmay
06-12-2004, 03:02 AM
oooohhhh *pouts*

i want that cardigans tune even more now.

hehe.

pixiesfanyo
06-12-2004, 08:33 AM
None of those will DL for me ..so someone else can go

nerida_delonge
06-12-2004, 09:56 PM
download...
'judith' by a perfect circle
'god called in sick today' by AFI
and
'the heart and the shape' by 36 Crazyfists

all these are mass good songs, they all have their own style and don't try to be like any other band. these songs contain great meaning and they are all thought provoked. cheers.

Bartender
06-12-2004, 10:01 PM
download...
'judith' by a perfect circle
'god called in sick today' by AFI
and
'the heart and the shape' by 36 Crazyfists

all these are mass good songs, they all have their own style and don't try to be like any other band. these songs contain great meaning and they are all thought provoked. cheers.

That isn't how the thread works.

blueyxd
06-13-2004, 04:38 AM
I've got The Gathering one queued up.

blueyxd
06-13-2004, 07:21 AM
The Gathering - Great Ocean Road

As a big fan of Aghora, and having seen comparisons between them and The Gathering, I thought now is as good a time as any to give them a try.

Its seems to be fairly straight up rock, but with both harsh (not heavy) and ambient edges.
The female singer has a nice voice, she sounds a bit Irish..? The music is kind of simple, slow and soothing too, and the drums give it a mechanical feel when the singing stops, which reminds me of Heliotropic by Failure. There is a somewhat harsh sizzling guitar noise fading in and out

After a while this harshness and mechanicalness goes and it becomes more relaxing, kind of like a swaying ocean feel. From about half way through, up to the end, theres a long guitar "solo", or more a non-repeating section which sounds good and really adds to the song. It fades out and all is calm and well. I quite liked this song!

The vocals are the only comparison to Aghora I can find in this song, but it was a pretty good song all the same. It seems very well written, each part sounds good in its place. The relaxing bits are really relaxing, same with the harsh parts too.

9.5/10

Curse Ov Dialect - Shamans. Experimental prog hip-hop, get from soulseek.

Bartender
06-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Curse ov Dialect - Shamans - 4:24

Starts off straight away with what you could call ethnic/tribal non-lyrical vocals, and then some tribal-sounding instruments as well. Fairly soon, the vocals come in. I think they'll probably be the deciding factor in whether you like the band (or this track, anyway) - they're sort of deliberately not in tune. Since it sounds deliberate though, I don't mind it. I really like the lyrics (those I can make out). A little flute-sounding instruments keeps making little appearances, and I like it. Now there's a woman crying/sighing. But that didn't last long. And another rapped verse, followed by flutey "chorus" and some gravelly vocals in a language I can't make out. There's a rising horror-movie type tone in the background, but nothing becomes of it as the songs ends.

I liked it. I didn't love it, but it was good, and I like the lyrics. The rhythm of the lyrics was good as well, but I wasn't too keen on the instrumentation (except the flutey thing), or the ending in general, which just kind of petered out. 7/10

Songs:
Einsturzende Neubauten - Ende Neu (industrial/experimental) - if possible get the live version, as it has a good (not guitar) solo at the start.
Mr Bungle - Slowly Growing Deaf, Squeeze Me Macaroni or Carousel (experimental, from their funkier album)
Fantomas - Delirium Cordia: Surgical Sound Specimens From the Museum of Skin (you know you want to)

pixiesfanyo
06-15-2004, 08:47 PM
dibs

pixiesfanyo
06-15-2004, 08:50 PM
That song is 104.7 megs big..

Bartender
06-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah. You know you want to.

Just go for one the others. If you can't find either, try;

Frou Frou - I Need a Hero/Holding Out For a Hero (unashamed pop, cover of the 80s version, but I like the vocals, and the lyrics, which are just the same as the original. The first minute or so is great)

pixiesfanyo
06-15-2004, 09:05 PM
It's almost done..I've heard about this..is it a 30 minute song?

Bartender
06-15-2004, 09:08 PM
75 minutes, but only the first 55 are really worth it. After that it's 20 minutes of near silence.

pixiesfanyo
06-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Fantomas - Delirium Cordia: Surgical Sound Specimens From the Museum of Skin

Seriously, I do not recommend this to anyone..Masturbating is a more effective use of time..This is 75 minutes of completely messed up noises that aren't even interesting. I like long songs, I listen to the Mars Volta and the Allman Brothers..but this just doesn't do it for me.

1.2/10

The Pixies - Bam Thwok (Their first recording in 13 Years)

pixiesfanyo
06-16-2004, 01:19 PM
bump

joshmay
06-16-2004, 03:05 PM
the pixies - bam thwok

awesome intro. i love kim's singing. she's great. this song has some good guitar work, though nothing amazing. i love the lines waka waka waka bam thwok. haha its like scat singing applied to punk music.

great stuff. one of my top 5 pixies songs. i bleed is my favorite.

8/10

killwhitneydead - hold me closer tony danza

sheep on drugs - acid test

blueyxd
06-19-2004, 04:28 AM
Killwhitneydead - Hold Me Closer Tony Danza

Spoken word intro, with some strings in the background, someone talking about all their hate and pain. aww, he wants to share it with everyone.
Hardcore type intro to the music part, but with more death metal vocals.. even "goooor" type stuff.
Then the music goes more like death metal
A sample - "You have lost nothing... I've lost everything"
Theres some fast double bass, but everything else slows down for a chunker bit, and sireny guitar.
ehm... that was over pretty quick
40 seconds of spoken word intro and about 55 seconds of music.
Well, I picked up the obvious feeling of anger/pain/hate in the song, heh...
It doesn't do much for me at all, doesn't do anything actually. But its music does live up to the mood conveyed in the spoken intro. Could have gone for longer too.

3/10

The Grand Silent System - Stint The Obey
ethnico-experimental-jazz-rocka
http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=39773

Anathema - Alternative 4
quite creepy ambient rock

pixiesfanyo
06-19-2004, 07:41 AM
The Grand Silent System - Stint The Obey

Starts off with a very jazzy intro. The only thing lacking is a jazzy bass. Then it breaks into some like flute type stuff, don't really like it. Vocals come in; the guy has an annoying voice. More with the somewhat Arabian tune to the music. We get some rock ballad type riffs now and then back to the Arabian type flow. Breaks into a jazzy type of bridge. Really nice sounding although the vocals kind of ruin it. Goes back to the chorus with the rock ballad type riffs. Breaks into a very low-key guitar bass drum and flute instrumental. It is getting louder, and louder and louder and then it stops. Kind of a let down. The lyrics sounded decent but the song wasn't that good, original but not my taste

6.7/10

My Songs:
(British Rap)
The Streets - Stay Positive
The Streets - Dry Your Eyes

blueyxd
06-20-2004, 05:44 AM
The Streets - Dry Your Eyes

Strings intro, sounds sad, and it probably is with that title.

This is a soft one, the singers talking voice is his usual one, but it doesnt have that cocky sound to it.

It's about a relationship break up.
He says he wants to change all the things he can to try and get another chance. The talked lyrics describe a single moment just after a break up. Almost entirely physical in the way he describes looking down to the ground, touching her chin, etc.. I can really imagine it, the lyrics are quite "seeable". There is not much emotion contained in them, but they make you think about what's happening and how it's happening, which makes them indirectly emotional.

He sings the chorus (double tracked vocals or 2 singers harmonized), in which he tells himself to let go, move on... etc. The chorus vocals are quite melodic.

Extremely simple drums... 1 bass, 1 snare, repeat... yet it sounds ok. Theres just acoustic guitar and some strings to accompany the vocals.

The verse/chorus thing repeats, progressing through the moment. I like his denial bit. The chorus is kind of a comforter after each verse.

It's a very well written song, pretty sad, with simple, but suitable music. I like the way he describes it all.

9/10

Ok, don't get shocked by my suggestion...

Spice Girls - Viva Forever

Just pretend you've never heard of the Spice Girls before. If you listen without being biased from their pop status... then you might be quite surprised.

thetwaz
06-20-2004, 02:26 PM
I'll take Viva Forever

Starts off with a very choral feel, reminds me of that Adiemus song.

Tune starts, cheesy drum beat, but a cool flamenco guitar twiddling in the background.

Vocals enter, simple but quite haunting melody

The chorus, lots of nice harmonies. The vocals make the track sound full over quite sparse backing.

Second verse, same haunting melody as before with extra harmonies.

instrumental, flamenco guitar still noodling away.

I remember when this tune first came out, me being a Spice Girls fan at the time. Definetly my favourite song of theirs. Yes, it is a pop ballad but aside from the cheesy drums it's a nice slab of sugary pop.

The Delays - Wanderlust (should be somewhere on Kazaa)
or
The Delays - Nearer Than Heaven

blueyxd
06-25-2004, 07:52 AM
I'll have a look for those..

blueyxd
06-25-2004, 10:15 AM
The Delays - Wanderlust

:O Steel drums! should be good for my upbeat mood tonight.
:O :O A woman with a nice voice singing too.. I've just been listening to Aghora and The Gathering so its sounding exactly like what I want to hear right now.

Ohh, this is great! its so laid back, its holiday music.
Lots of delay.. sounds a bit like U2, but on holiday in the caribbean, and a woman singing. Even though its winter here, this music sounds so right. The guitar fiddles around a bit in the background. Kind of hard to hear because the music is dense, lots of things happening at once, mostly caused by the delay on half the instruments, but it doesnt sound bad.

I'm so in the mood for this type of music right now, love it. :D

10/10

---------
mm.. female vocals continued:
Aghora - Mind's Reality - melodic technical metal with nice female vocals, just make sure its not the demo version

Bjork - Generous Palmstroke - its the Japan-only bonus track off Vespertine

Anathema - Barriers, or Parisienne Moonlight - I've recommended enough Anathema already.. but they are so good.

thetwaz
06-25-2004, 12:59 PM
hehe, much as he sounds like a lady, it is in fact a bloke singing. nice job though, glad you like it. :)

blueyxd
06-25-2004, 09:39 PM
hahaha, even the lower notes in the song sound womanly.. whoa.. Miriam

Bartender
06-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Dibs.

Bartender
06-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Bjork - Generous Palmstroke - 4:07

1 - I have (and enjoy) Vespertine, but I've never heard this track.
2 - No matter how hard I try, "Generous Palmstroke" makes me think "masturbation".
Anyway..

I like the start. It sounds like a harp being picked, but I'm probably wrong. Bjork's vocals sound muffled - are they supposed to, or have I got a bad quality file? Even though muffled, her voice sounds good as usual. I like the line about putting me in my place about 2 minutes in, and the explosion of stringed music after that. Then we get some delicate, slower picking and Bjork's voice at some of her most fragile. The lyrics are changing perspectives quite a bit (i.e. from "I'm strong in his hands" to "She's strong in his hands"). The ending is short, just a somewhat discordant final pluck, which I like.

7/10. I like it, but I've heard much better from Bjork, and I'm not especially bothered that it's not on my copy of Vespertine.

Songs:
Bernard/Bernie Cribbins - Hole in the Ground (don't take it seriously, on musical terms)
Einstürzende Neubauten - Blume (French Version) (female vocals, if you want to continue that theme)
Frou Frou - I Need a Hero (pop, cover of the 80s song)

I wasn't actually expecting anyone to review Delirium Cordia :-/

pixiesfanyo
06-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Bernard Cribbins - The Hole in The Ground

Starts off with a very jazzy intro. Some odd vocals but they fit the song and give it a classical feel. The lyrics are kind of ridiculous but it's acutally a pretty catchy song. It reminds me of something from the movie Punch Drunk Love. It's going in traditional style verse - chorus. I really like this song, it may have some odd lyrics but it's got a catchy background music with the little bell.

8.7/10

My Songs:
Ani DiFranco - Gravel
Agent Orange - Everything Turns to Gray
Beck - Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime

blueyxd
07-02-2004, 05:44 AM
ah ok, ill do one.. soon

Kreator
07-02-2004, 08:42 AM
:eek: there's a band called agent orange?

pixiesfanyo
07-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Yeah they kick ass

blueyxd
07-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Ani DiFranco - Gravel

Stop. Start. Guitar.

Acoustic rootsy rock. Ani sounds angry.. and not for the first time.
Fast, aggressive, and melodic. The guitar sounds a bit tricky, very staccato in the verse. She sure is a fighter, going by the lyrics she's always the winner in one way or another. Even though the guy is cheating, she's still having fun... yeah, good one.

I like it, guitar becomes more fluent in the chorus, the vocals show a softer side too, and also a harsher one, the lyrics don't get much softer. The post chorus is the nicest sounding bit so far.. the "ohhh"s with echo and a possible keyboard/organ in the background sound nice.

Another staccato verse. Chorus. the "ohh" bit is replaced with "uh uh uh". Another half verse, then "oooh" bit returns, which is nice again. Then it ends on a minor chord, *breath* *footsteps*.

Well, I listened to it about 20 times while trying to write about the song, it sounded pretty good, the feminist overtones were a bit too much for me, but I'll be over it in 10 seconds from now. No harm done. Good music, decent lyrics and singing. She does sound a bit over-angry and it makes it sound fake at times. Mostly pretty good though.
9.2/10

The easy option:
Xavier Rudd - 9 Times A Day - roots rock

The big quest option:
Its 25 minutes long, 3 songs spread over over 5 tracks..
John Butler Trio - Spring, Ocean, and Peaches & Cream (2003-09-26 - Nambour Civic Center, Qld, Australia) - acoustic roots rock

The Intro's help tell the story. I was at this show... and this was the most amazing part to me. And my mate Finchy was there with his microphones in his hat to record it :D

you can get it here:
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=13673

theres 2 different bitrate mp3, ogg, and lossless audio (Flac) options available... so, its fine for any bandwith situation (but I would recommend the higher quality stuff).
the files to get are:
[Story Intro]
Spring
Ocean
Peaches & Cream [Intro]
Peaches & Cream

blueyxd
07-08-2004, 07:25 AM
anybumpone?

Bartender
07-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Well I'm just back from a week away (with no internet access :(), so I'll give one or the other a try.

Bartender
07-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Never mind. Don't have the time to download the long one, and can't find the other one.

Bartender
07-12-2004, 04:24 PM
*cough*

Bartender
07-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Finally got a source for Xavier Rudd :D

Xavier Rudd - 9 Times a Day - 4:11
I've no idea what to expect.

4 seconds in - I love it so far. That guitar picking is awesome. His voice is good as well - lately I've become somewhat wary of male solo artists (having listened to Damien Rice, so highly recommended, and not liking his voice much), but this is very good. Kinda more subtle - demure would be a good word if he was a woman, but it doesn't seem to fit a guy. Around two minutes in, the music is sounding happier, but I think I preferred the slightly darker sound at the start. Now a quiet bit - I love the light, agile percussion in the background, and his vocals and the lyrics are sounding great. And now his voice reaches a climax (i.e. louder for a second), and we're back on the awesome guitar. And that's what it goes out on.

9.5/10 That was awesome. Very likely going to check out some more of his stuff, if it's much like this.

Songs:
Rahzel - If Your Mother Only Knew (live) (beatboxing - listed as "Freestyle beatbox battle" on Soulseek - must be live version)
Einstürzende Neubauten - Blume (French Version) (industrial, female vocals)

blueyxd
07-13-2004, 05:25 AM
Xav is rather good, he plays live shows solo - guitar, didgeridoo and percussion, sometimes all 3 at once. I really like the songs Where Do We Fit?, Little Chief, and To Let and Conceal Me are alright.
As for the others on the To Let cd.. I dont get into them too much. Haven't heard any of his new cd yet though.

Einsturzende Neubauten - Blume (English version - There were french and german options too)

It's quite minimal, in slow 6/8 time. Guitar harmonics are played at what sounds like the end of a cave, with the recorder at the other end, someone sounding like Tom Waits on helium (still kind of deep) going "aah" and this french girl with a husky voice talking about flowers, her unspeakable name, and flowers again. A guy saying something now and then. Bass joins quietly. "Chhhh"

Theres actually a few instruments and other sounds going on here, though they are all rather unobtrusive.

By about a minute, a fair few intstruments are playing, guitar is now playing some chords, a pan flute and/or strings? It's haunting.. I really like it

Goes back to quiet for the verse as before. More talking about flowers and cutting off ears, then a chorus with all the instruments and the unspeakable name lyrics. Back to the verse type again, flowers are the theme yet again. A strange noise for a bit, sounds like one of the sounds from Wuste ballet version. Chorus again, then verse. Theres a harpsichord sounding thing quietly screaming away.

A very mysterious song, it's really interesting. If you can imagine Everybody Hurts by REM in a very strange dream, you're on the way to what this song sounds like.
As much as I said the verse-chorus-repeat thing, this does not get boring. It's bloody good.
10/10 good infact.

Blur - Good Song - brit pop
Katatonia - Wealth - heavy rock
or John Butler Trio - my 5 track suggestion - look up a few posts for details. Even get it now for a future FL

blueyxd
07-13-2004, 05:40 AM
oh ****, i just realized you had the french version down... I'll go get that

hm, they are the same length, is it the exact same music with vocals in different languages?

Bartender
07-13-2004, 07:51 AM
I don't know, I've only heard the French version. From your review, I think it'll be the same, except the girl talks about flowers and unspeakable names in French (starts with the line "Pour toi, je suis une chrysantheme"). So you don't need to bother getting the different version.

Bartender
07-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Katatonia - Wealth - 4:24

Starts with a pretty cool riff through one channel, joined on it's second repetition in the second channel. It actually reminds me of a band I don't like, Godsmack, but I like it. Then we get some distorted, breathless vocals - just single words, I think, rushed by.

Now some clean male singing over a slow section, with a repeating guitar chord in the background, and he's been joined by some backing vocals, I think. Then it goes heavier again, with those breathless words. I like the slightly more melodic guitar more than the initial driving riff, I think.

And we're back to that clean singing section, which slows right down, before settling on a mid-tempo with a tiny flash of nice bass, before aggressive riffing starts again. After some more clean singing, the heavy bit starts again, replete with breathless singing, which I think is saying "we-are-re-born". And then it ends.

I liked it. The heavier sections were good, and the quieter bits weren't bad, although overall it got a bit repetitive. 7/10 though, it's good and I'll be listening to it again.

Songs:
Rahzel - If Your Mother Only Knew (live) (beatboxing - listed as "Freestyle beatbox battle" on Soulseek - must be live version)
Fantomas - Page 29 (30 second "song" from their debut)

joshmay
07-13-2004, 12:23 PM
dibs, on frou frou of the fantomas song, depending on what i can find. :)

joshmay
07-14-2004, 10:38 PM
my soulseek is totally broke, unfortunately. :(

Badmoon
07-14-2004, 10:49 PM
I guess I will...dibs...

Badmoon
07-14-2004, 11:16 PM
Rahzel - If Your Mother Only Knew (live)

It starts with the guy, or guys, singing the title, and then he soons informs the crowd that he will be making the noises of the chorus and the verse at the same time. It's amazing how he does that. I'm guessing this is one guy. Crazy stuff, I believe I may have heard some other stuff by him. :thumb:

6/10

The Grateful Dead - Cumberland Blues (A electric Bluegrass song)
Bob Marley and The Wailers - Get up Stand Up (Reggae)
The String Cheese Incident - No Woman No Cry (Reggae cover)
Bob Dylan - Oxford Town (Folk)

lilpete86
07-15-2004, 02:32 AM
Dibs

hafez
07-15-2004, 04:08 AM
Ghosts and Vodka-Doo Dee Doo Dee Do

lilpete86
07-18-2004, 02:43 AM
Sorry i've taken so long to reply but my connection has been ****ed and i've only just been able to get on. It'll have to be a quick one though as I keep getting signed out :)

Bob Dylan - Oxford Town - 1.50

I may be a bit biased doing a bob dylan song as I am quite the fan of his work. But strangley enough I hadn't really listened to this one, plus it was the only one I could find :)

Not a particuarly long song only clocking in at 1 minute 50. It follows the usually dylan formula of acoustic guitars but alas no harmonica. Not a huge amount else I can say about it really as there isn't a huge amount going on. Still a very catchy song but not anywhere near one of mr dylans finest.

7/10

Songs:
Ludovico Einaudi - The Waves (Classical piano)
Al Di Meola - Lady Of Rome, Sister Of Brazil (Flamenco/jazz fusion)
The Eels - Flyswatter

If you have any problem with any just grab me on msn and I can send them

peter_alcock@hotmail.com

manuscriptreplica
07-19-2004, 12:48 PM
The Eels - Flyswatter

This song is madcore. It starts off with a little ballarina box thing when you open it riff, and is generally nice and mellow throughout. I don't like the vocals much - after hearing the backing vocals in the intro I thought there would be a woman singing, but oh well. It reminds me of video game music a lot, I don't know why. The ballarina box thing when you open it riff over the drums and guitar sounds really good. I love the woman's backing vocals as well. It's a great song, but I wouldn't buy a record or anything. Thanks, Lilpete :thumb:

9/10.

Now I get to recommend ****. Genre choice this time.

(Death Metal) Darkthrone - Iconoclasm Sweeps Cappadocia
(Progressive Rock) The Mars Volta - Eunuch Provocateur
(Stoner Rock) Kyuss - Green Machine
(Hip Hop) Hilltop Hoods - Illusionary Lines

Fairly common songs, but oh well.

lilpete86
07-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Its sort of alternative rock.

lilpete86
07-20-2004, 03:16 AM
*bump*

manuscriptreplica
07-20-2004, 10:52 AM
*bump*

(Death Metal) Darkthrone - Iconoclasm Sweeps Cappadocia
(Progressive Rock) The Mars Volta - Eunuch Provocateur
(Stoner Rock) Kyuss - Green Machine
(Hip Hop) Hilltop Hoods - Illusionary Lines

lilpete86
07-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Dibs

pixiesfanyo
07-20-2004, 11:27 AM
ooo Eunuch what a good song..

lilpete86
07-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Darkthrone - Iconoclasm Sweeps Cappadocia - 3:59

As an extreme metal fan I listen to alot of death and black metal but one band i've never really got into was darkthrone. I have never heard this song before and it isn't a lofi production like alot of their black metal stuff. The song starts of with guitar and drums with quite a cool riff. Then a rather nifty little bass riff joins in, after this the song picks up tempo in a more black metal style, after this it slows into a small doomy section with the vocals over the top. Nothing special about the vocal their your usual death vox. The solos in the song arn't particualrly techinical but suit the song very well. One thing I really like about this song is the drumming it is particuarly tight throughout. Overall I really like this song and I may have to start listening to darkthrone after this.

8/10

My recommendations:

Ludovico Einaudi - The Waves (Classical Piano) I'm gonna keep recommending that one till someone picks it :p
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Pride And Joy (Blues)
Axis Of Perdition - To Walk The Corridors Of Hell (Techno Black Metal)

Again any problems just talk to me on msn

peter_alcock@hotmail.com

pixiesfanyo
07-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Dibbbbs

Bartender
07-20-2004, 01:01 PM
How come this thread picks up as soon as I'm away for a few days?

Axis of Perdition! Einaudi! Great stuff!

*cough*

Shame I can't do them.

manuscriptreplica
07-21-2004, 02:55 AM
That song was off Darkthrone's 'Soulside Journey' in which they played death metal. But they got sick of the death scene or something, and went black metal. Check out Transilvanian Hunger or Under a Funeral Moon for excellent black metal by them.

Sidenote: I can't find Ludovico Einaudi - The Waves anywhere :(

pixiesfanyo
07-21-2004, 06:32 AM
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Pride And Joy

Starts off with a nice guitar doodle and then it breaks down into a bluesish/country groove with bass and guitar. Lyrics come in, obviously it's a deep blues singer and the guitar and bass are doing back up with some blue riffs. It goes like this for awhile. Then we break into a pretty nice solo for a little bit with the bass backing it up with the same riff it has been using the entire song. We go back to a new verse and than the chorus. Nice typical blues song. Solid yet not original..

6.7/10

My Songs-
Gatsby's American Dream - Counterfeit Language (Progressive Punk)
The Dillinger Escape Plan - My Michelle (GnR Cover)
Christopher O'Riley - Karma Police (Radiohead Piano Cover)

pixiesfanyo
07-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Bump in the *** yo

Bartender
07-22-2004, 06:00 PM
I'll start one downloading, anyone feel free to jump in ahead though.

Bartender
07-22-2004, 09:07 PM
I've got an idea of vaguely what to expect; I've heard Calculating Infinity, and enjoy the Irony is a Dead Scene EP.

The Dillinger Escape Plan - 4:07

Okay, it starts off with gentle, acoustic guitar, which I wasn't expecting. Electric soon starts playing in the background. It sounds odd (like something normal, but slightly corrupted), in the way that most Dillinger stuff does, though I like the drumming.

After a short break, the rock riff of the GNR song is played fast and hard, and distorted, and the singer (I don't know which one it is) starts the screaming/shouting vocals associated with Dillinger.

I love the clash of styles - the rock'n'roll rhythm played fast and distorted, and with TDEP's manic vocals. I get the feeling I shouldn't be enjoying it, but I am. The solo sounds as though it was pulled off effortlessly, despite also sounding complex.

Then, after a last shout of "my fucking Michelle", there's some fade out noise to end the song on.

8/10. Like I said, I really enjoyed the style clash.

Songs:
Fantomas - Page 29 (30 second "song" from debut album)
Thrice - The Melting Point of Wax (melodic hardcore - best if listened to with lyrics (http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/thrice/themeltingpointofwax.html))

pixiesfanyo
07-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Dibs like the homeless

pixiesfanyo
07-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Ok.. everyone brags about Thrice and says they are amazing but I really don't get what is the big deal about them. So I figured I'd give them another try by listening to the song Bartender recommended.

The Melting Point of Wax - Thrice

Ok, It starts off with some pretty good guitar playing and also it's pretty grooving. Then we go to the lyrics, the guy's vocals aren't that great, but the beat behind him is pretty good so I'm flowing. Now it's going into a chorus and it sounds decent. Back to the verse, I don't like this guys voice that much. A bridge, nothing that special here. I like the line "there is a promise of safety" very nice lyrically but vocally it's bothering me. Ok we had a long break from the chorus and now we are back in it. The outro was pretty good. Hm. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that in my opinion it wasn't amazing and as good as people say they are. Maybe I should try some stuff from IOS?

6.5/10

My Songs:
Gatsby's American Dream - Counterfeit Language (Progressive Punk)
Christopher O'Riley - Karma Police (Radiohead Piano Cover)

Bartender
07-23-2004, 07:07 AM
It's the only Thrice song I really like, I don't really see what's so good about them either. I just really love that song, for the lyrics and the shout of "Screaming up to me" in the second verse. In other songs, his voice gets on my nerves as well.

This isn't me calling dibs by the way, for anyone else wishing to have a go.

blueyxd
07-23-2004, 07:09 AM
yeah, I'll take one on while I can, might not be on too much for a while now... probably a good thing for me though

Bartender
07-23-2004, 07:14 AM
Why won't you?

pixiesfanyo
07-23-2004, 07:17 AM
He's going to the war in iraq!

...Acutally i don't know..but BlueYXD I'll miss you..you are our fellow other music forced listening pal!

OrbDragon
07-23-2004, 07:53 AM
Gatsby's American Dream - Counterfeit Language

Starts with a punk riff and a punk beat that stops for a moment with small tom break. The song is definately more interesting than the average punk music...with some sudden tempo changes and a bass player that doesn't just play along with the guitars. Good production and vocal harmonies. That said, I applaud them for doing different things structure-wise. I've just never been a fan of punk music ingeneral...however I like the slower melodic part of the song near the end. Nothing I would buy...but definately better than most punk. 7/10

Christopher 'O Riley - Karma Police

I really enjoyed this one. I've always loved the sound of classical influenced piano...it's a totally different song now than the anthem that Radiohead wrote. It's much more free flowing, especially with the vocal lines played on piano. Definately a cool listen....it gives room for imagination too, as you try to visualize what other pop songs would sound like if they were played by a classically trained pianist. Although comparing this is really foolish, I like this version better than the original, which is one of Radioheads most overrated songs anyway. 8/10

My songs:

dEUS - Instant Street
Lamb - Transfatty Acid
The Tea Party - Walking Wounded
Dead Can Dance - The Lotus Eaters

blueyxd
07-23-2004, 08:03 AM
I'm actually going to war on the moon.
Nah, I had lots of spare time over the last month and a bit, but things will probably get busy again soon and this will have to take a back seat...

But then again, knowing me, I'll probably be on here just as much as usual :P

Also.. this FL is now reopened to all, I probably dont have time to get the whole song and review it tonight.