6. The Dance of Maya
7. You Know, You Know
8. Awakening

John McLaughlin - Guitar
Jerry Goodman - Violin
Jan Hammer - Piano
Rick Laird - Bass
Billy Cobham - Drums

The five members of the Mahavishnu Orchestra are from all different parts of the world. The sound of Inner Mounting Flame is beyond Jazz fused with Rock, but there are some influences from folk music around the world.

The guitarist is the best I've ever heard. He adds superfast guitar lines on his double neck guitar.
The violinist adds a sense of folk from around the world to the music.
The bassist, pianist, and drummer the rhythm instruments, back up the two leads very well. Rhe pianist and bassist play contemporary jazz while the drummer is playing rock rhythms with great feel.

My personal favorite song on the CD even though they are all amazing is Dawn.

This album is great and I recommend it to everyone and especially to guitarists, violinists, and drummers for the inspiration from the awesome players on the album. The sound of fusion is amazing and this album is a must have if you like fusion and if you are not familiar with fusion this is the one to buy to get into fusion.

5/5

BirdsOfFires
12-08-2003, 08:57 PM
You. Are. ... :angry:

Make me mad. GRRRWAR. Ah, I'll have to post it here... mine will be Much more extensive. :o

manuscriptreplica
12-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by BirdsOfFires
You. Are. ... :angry:

Make me mad. GRRRWAR. Ah, I'll have to post it here... mine will be Much more extensive. :o

haha... you poor bloke.

to the reviewer:
you can give us a review of songs if you want - it becomes a much better review that way. Dawn is your favourite song... why? what does it sound like etc. fusion is very broad

musicman
12-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Sorry it was my first go at a review. If you want to post a review for Inner Mounting Flame thats more extensive you can. I don't really care.

manuscriptreplica
12-09-2003, 07:25 AM
its ok dude - its still better that some that are posted on here.
these guys are pretty crazy, and are my 2nd fav fusion band behind weather report. my fav song is probably You Know You Know, or maybe A lotus on Irish Streams. john mclaughlin is a genius

musicman
12-09-2003, 07:27 AM
oh okay well in that case don't write a review birdsoffire, mine stays.

BirdsOfFires
12-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Meh, "Meeting Of The Spirits" is by far the most accomplished song on the album, followed by "You Know, You Know."

Vital Transformation and Noonward race are excellent chop fests.

musicman
12-10-2003, 06:57 AM
I sort of said that all the songs were good, so I don't disagree with you. I just think that Dawn has the best sound.

Meeting of the Spirits has the craziest guitar line in it that I've ever heard in my life. John McLaughlin is amazing.

musicman
12-28-2003, 02:06 PM
To the moderators-

You forgot to add this to the reveiws list, so next time you update it remember to put this in.

Prowler01
12-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Amazing CD. Not so good of a review but I've seen worse

refnulf
12-30-2003, 12:03 PM
Mclaughlin's the best guitarist in the world. Period.

Mahavishnu Orchestra are great.

Det_Nosnip
10-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Awesome album. Review leaves something to be desired...

EddieVanHalen007
10-26-2004, 05:31 PM
What a crumby review. Please when reviewing an album like this be detailed.

Mekkalayakay
12-02-2004, 10:59 PM
I just purchased this album tonight. Even though I had already heard four songs off that album, it was still amazing...