PDA

View Full Version : (alt./prog rock) Demo of the Demo--Mr. Freddy Crinsaw

The NPC
12-03-2003, 04:45 PM
Demo of the Demo -Mr. Freddy Crinsaw

Memembers: Blackith M. ****ith-bass, vocals, studio noise, human and computer based voices, and vocals.

Local "band" from Tucson, Arizona. MP3's can be posted if more people are interested in this "band".

This is easily the most bizarre album I have ever heard. I've comented on this "band" before in another forum, but this is the first time I've done so in here. The album is a total "concept album" in which Blackith uses layer upon layers worth of his own bass play with various adaptations not only to his bass sound, but also with vocals and purcussion. He also used ordinary noise and what sounds like "conversational" voices to layer his music. When I hear this work, I honestly don't know what to think. But, there are 3 general ideas I can accept when listening to this album.

1. This guy is a genius.
2. This is the most disturbing set of "songs" I have ever heard.
3. This is not music.

With that said, let the review being.

1. Franco Eat's a Cherry Pie 6:35

The name to this song has absolutly nothing to do with the actuall song. Opening with what sounds like a tape recorder being played over a mic, the words "He has been Exiled" blurt out raw and unwavering. These four words continue through out the three minute portion of the song, but in the wierdest fashion--they seem to be rewound over and over again like on a hand held recorder with the "tape screeches" included. As for the music, what can be made out is what sounds like an acoustic bass and an actual electric bass layered under it. Also a deep slow repeating "blurt" continues through out the song. I figure it may be the bass he's playing or possibly a voice, I'm not sure at all. The first portion of the song ends with a transition, the continued "blurt", until the next part of the "song" beings to play. This portion is again a repeating sound of someone walking and opening a really rusted door. The screech the door puts out is almost unbearable, but none the less interesting. Finally an awkward solo of a high tremble slightly out of tune bass plays. It's really sloopy, but is a good finish to the "song".

4/5

Unit Jones 2:35

This song is a short one, one of the shortest on the record. It opens up with an over-drive effect and repeater effect that is pretty odd. The only vocals are "Now, dead. Completely invisable." What this means is anyone's guess. The voice is slowed slightly and is actually quite funny. Though I'm not sure if he was intending it to be. There too is a second layer the fades in at about :15 seconds into the song. I believe it's a wah effect that too is being played at a high tremble. Not the oddest "song" on the record and not the best either.

1/5

Eyes of Shock Rocks 0:58

This "song" I enjoy for some reason. The privious song connects to this one because this song refers to Beowulf. The lone lyric of this song is "Beowulf the Great is dead, Complete the battle." The music has a series of deep "beeps" that I assume were at one time a human voice along with a series of high pitched "beeps" that came from his bass. Also he uses the same bass lick from the privious song to layer this one. He does the same thing for the next song Mr. Spock's Yellow Mini Skirt and I guess it is a connection to the other two songs. Anyhow, this is one of my favorites on this record.

5/5

Mr. Spock's Yellow Mini Skirt 3:25

This "song" has way too many layers to disect. All I can say is that it's a musical seizure.

5/5

Ant 4:00

The most impressive "song" on the album. The use of a computer based voice makes this song even more disturbing. All I can say from the lyrics is that you can't forget what you saw, or in other words it says that no one forgets what they see. A simple message, but to what that actually applies to is what scares me. Anyhow, the bass on this song resembles more of a guitar and the way in which the bass is played seems like a moan and cry of a "person". This simple track only has two layers that are filed with ambient noise.

5/5

Boom Boom Mr. Sicko

This is the final song of the demo and this is the only song in which Blackith takes credit for the voicals. Again feeling from Ant, this song carries the distrubing aura that Ant has. But, this song is totally different. Opening with echoing and repeating "scratches" of his bass strings, the sound he creates is awesome, set the tone of this song. After the intro, an actual overdriven bass can be heard this time with a "groovable" beat to it, keep the pulse to this song. The vocals which are some what political, he doesn't like the way this government is headed or who is running it, are a refressing departure from the other "mess" that can be found on this record. Overall this is a good song.

4/5

4.8/5, I think my math is correct. Overall this album is odd, like I said before, but it's one that I don't mind listening to in my usual CD Line-up from time to time. Well that's it.

wheelz
12-05-2003, 05:20 AM
post some mp3s???

i'm always interested in hearing weird stuff

The NPC
12-05-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by wheelz
post some mp3s???

i'm always interested in hearing weird stuff

Alright, I'll do it next week since only one person thus far has show interest in it. :D Can you hold out for a while?

Zappa
12-06-2003, 04:22 PM
I'm interested in hearing this.

Led_Zep_Bonham
12-06-2003, 06:12 PM
No, we can't hold out. Give the people what they want! (including me)

BirdsOfFires
12-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Me too.

Hi chris!

:wave:

wheelz
12-07-2003, 07:37 AM
yeah i'm patient ;)

The NPC
12-08-2003, 02:47 PM
Well I'm back so I'll try and get these songs up in Audio Forum.

:cool:

The NPC
12-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Sorry kiddos, problems with the wma format which the songs are written in on the CD. I'm trying to convert them to mp3's when I have extra time.

Zappa
12-11-2003, 11:03 AM
Rip the CD with Music Match Jukebox.

The NPC
12-12-2003, 01:20 PM
In Music Match Jukebox, eh? I tried in Winamp and got no where, so I'll try that then. My internet connection at my home is slow plus for some reason the IP number is blocked. Anyway, I'll rip in in the library or something.

Kaden
12-12-2003, 02:06 PM
I must hear this, being the kind of person that's always looking for new innovative types of music, this sounds really interesting.

The NPC
12-12-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm doing my best, I know there have been atleast 4 requests. College Finals=No time. I'm bustin' balls here so never fear my friends, NPC will produce!

Wha-ha!

Kaden
12-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Jeez, is this the most underground band (guy?) in the world? I can't find their (his?) stuff anywhere! Do they (he?) even have a web site? I've looked on Google and everthing, and on every search engine, the only thing that comes up is this thread...I'm really interested in this album though, sounds amazing, is it major-label? How can I get my hands on it?

The NPC
12-15-2003, 04:08 PM
You'll have to come to Tucson to find this fool. Seriously he was going to put some of his stuff up on MP3.com before he heard that it was going to crash. I finally found him and we've talked several times. I'm still having problems with adapting the files from wma format to mp3. I should just find a site that supports wma formats, but the problem is that I run 56k at my casa. I guess that's what I get. Anyway, yeah this dude is totally underground. I asked him why he didn't atleast have a Geocities site and he responded with "I don't feed into the whole garbage of selling myself, if you want to hear what I do...then find me." He also plays in a some what normal band called Flowers of Joy, I've mentioned them a couple of times. Well peace and help me out I guess finding a good site to use.

Kaden
12-15-2003, 06:31 PM
You'll have to come to Tucson to find this fool. Seriously he was going to put some of his stuff up on MP3.com before he heard that it was going to crash. I finally found him and we've talked several times. I'm still having problems with adapting the files from wma format to mp3. I should just find a site that supports wma formats, but the problem is that I run 56k at my casa. I guess that's what I get. Anyway, yeah this dude is totally underground. I asked him why he didn't atleast have a Geocities site and he responded with "I don't feed into the whole garbage of selling myself, if you want to hear what I do...then find me." He also plays in a some what normal band called Flowers of Joy, I've mentioned them a couple of times. Well peace and help me out I guess finding a good site to use.
Buy another cd from him and send it to me, I really want this.

wheelz
12-16-2003, 06:00 PM
you can probably download a small program that converts file types...

try searching google
or even download.com

wheelz
12-16-2003, 06:10 PM
try this one.... only 1.4 mb, and i remember using it back in the day.. it works.

http://download.com.com/3000-2140-10042534.html?part=83769&subj=dlpage&tag=button

The NPC
12-17-2003, 03:07 PM
try this one.... only 1.4 mb, and i remember using it back in the day.. it works.

http://download.com.com/3000-2140-10042534.html?part=83769&subj=dlpage&tag=button

I'm downloading the program as we speak.

The NPC
12-18-2003, 02:49 PM
56k modems suck really really bad, working hard here.

THE SONGS ARE HERE, well one for now:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/demoofthedemomusic.htm

The NPC
12-19-2003, 03:40 PM
All that hard work for nothing it seems...poopers.

wheelz
12-20-2003, 01:04 PM
i've been working, i'll finally get one later.

which song is it that's up?

The NPC
12-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Three songs are up now; Boom Boom Mr. Sicko, Eyes of Shock Rocks, and Mr. Spock's Yellow Mini Skirt.

wheelz
12-22-2003, 02:50 PM
whoa.
just whoa.

and i thought mr. bungle was weird....... what the hell is he using to make this music? definitely the most "experimental" stuff i've ever heard....

it's the kind of thing that makes people debate what "music" really is.

more people need to hear this.

The NPC
12-22-2003, 03:17 PM
I think it's both crap & amazing, it almost has a stupidness about it. Hopefully he'll put out more singles; I'll make sure to ask him.

Ganondorf
12-22-2003, 03:29 PM
is this your band?

The NPC
12-22-2003, 03:39 PM
No, this is not my band.

Kaden
12-23-2003, 06:09 PM
wow....I must get this. Send me one, No Peros Calantes!

The NPC
12-24-2003, 01:19 PM
I'm looking to do so, "Ant" doesn't wasnt to load, but I'll try to put more singles up.

Kaden
12-24-2003, 01:34 PM
:thumb:

Kaden
01-09-2004, 05:52 PM
No Peros Calantes, this guy is awesome. After repeated listenings, this has really grown on me. "Ant" is one of the most disturbing "songs" I've ever heard. Please post an MP3 of franco Eats a Cherrie Pie. I don't know if you know this, but the MP3 lengths and the song lengths that you posted in this thread don't match up. Are we not getting the full songs, or did you post the incorrect length? (I'm wondering because I hope to burn these onto a cd and have the album myself)

The NPC
01-09-2004, 06:11 PM
No Peros Calantes, this guy is awesome. After repeated listenings, this has really grown on me. "Ant" is one of the most disturbing "songs" I've ever heard. Please post an MP3 of franco Eats a Cherrie Pie. I don't know if you know this, but the MP3 lengths and the song lengths that you posted in this thread don't match up. Are we not getting the full songs, or did you post the incorrect length? (I'm wondering because I hope to burn these onto a cd and have the album myself)

I screwed up the song lenghts, sorry about that. I keep on having problems uploading "Franco" because of the stupid compression rate, but have no fear NPC will come through.

Kaden
01-09-2004, 08:50 PM
I screwed up the song lenghts, sorry about that. I keep on having problems uploading "Franco" because of the stupid compression rate, but have no fear NPC will come through.
When you say you screwed up the song lengths, do you mean in your post or the MP3's?

The NPC
01-10-2004, 12:27 AM
When you say you screwed up the song lengths, do you mean in your post or the MP3's?

The Post...the lengths were off my head since my CD player is from the Stone Age and I was using at the time when I was writing the review.

The NPC
01-10-2004, 12:30 AM
I also talked to "Blackith" last week and he said he plans on recording again some time in late March, he might mix his solo style with a band. I really don't know what he plans to do but he said he planned on recording in late March. I guess I'll keep you informed.

The NPC
01-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Recording date March 10, 2004.

Kaden
01-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Right on man......now bring on Franco Eat's a Cherry Pie.

The NPC
01-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Kaden, I think I'm going to have to email "Franco" or something because Sound Click is not taing the file.

Kaden
01-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Email it to me here:

Page_petrucci@hotmail.com

The NPC
01-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Have you spread Demo's music around?

Kaden
01-15-2004, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I told some of my friends, and when I make the cd, I'm gonna burn it for them.