4. Elegy
5. In The Presence Of My Enemies
6. Days Turn Blue To Gray
7. Vim
8. All Fall Down
9. Wipe The Tears
10. Descend The Shades Of Night

Review:

This is the latest album from Machine head, and in my opinion one of there best.
I bought this album just the other day and it hasnt been removed from my cd-player since.
My favorite song on the album is 'Bite the bullet' its got kind of a violent sort of sound to it but not tacky like some of the new stuff that comes out normally has. Bite the bullet is my personal favorite from the album but there is not a single song on there that i dont like. Some of the songs have a mellow sound to them that makes you feel kind of 'chilled and then a heavy guitar riff begins to creep in then it just totally blows you away, cant be faulted.

Recomend to- I recomend this album to ANY metal head out there even if u havnt liked the bands older stuff this album is a must. Even if you have to origanly download it to listen to it because you might think that you could be wasting your money, i guarantee that you will want to buy it after listening to it, it isnt a waste :)

Rating:- :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
5/5 :D

incubliss
06-27-2004, 02:11 AM
i really really love this album.

i can't really call myself a "metalhead" as i only really listen to abit of pantera, metallica and megadeth. i don't know alot about metal, but i really love this album.

all the songs are great, my favourite would definately be Wipe The Tears, mainly for the ending, it's so fast and energetic.

i always skate to this album, as it's really uplifting and upbeat. i recommend this to anyone, like Clown said, this is a beast of an album.

MazMan
06-27-2004, 02:55 AM
This is indeed a great album by Machine Head, its actually my favourite album (i have all of them and i think this is best). Favourite songs in it are:

Imperium
Bite The Bullet
Descends The Shades Of Night

Kreator
06-27-2004, 03:18 AM
has anyone of you heard the additional song? it's called seasons ... (?). but it's only on the american version of that cd

st_anger876
06-27-2004, 07:27 AM
That whole album is totally IMMENSE, every song, every riff is absolute genius
best songs:
Imperium :amaze:
Bite The Bullet
Days Turn Blue To Gray
Vim
Descend The Shades Of Night :amaze:

Justanothernimrod
06-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I love this album aswell.

So much that I am playing imperium for my music coursework at school.

hah.

incubliss
07-28-2004, 05:02 AM
Seasons Wither is the name of the other song on the American cd, that's a fantastic song aswell.

Shlakalam3
07-28-2004, 05:19 AM
Descend the Shades of night is my fav. Beautiful song. Very unde band in general. Bite the bullet and imperium also very good songs. Great album

DimebagDarrell
07-28-2004, 05:55 AM
Descend The Shades Of Night :thumb:

great song especially when they played it at download

blackout
07-28-2004, 01:04 PM
This has to be one of the best albums i own. I love every single song on their. I'm going to see them at Brixton academy. I hope they make another hellalive. That would be so cool. hmm, maybe a dvd!

spuddles
08-20-2004, 04:53 PM
the review sucked but the album kicks ***

the_cheesy_one
12-30-2004, 05:07 AM
Machine Head's BEST album! Every song on it kicks arse!

Best songs are probably Bite the Bullet and Vim... I love em!!!

Iai
12-30-2004, 05:49 AM
Fairly cool album, but VERY deriviative. I mean, Wipe The Tears? It's 7 Seconds by Deftones. Imperium steals a riff from Death. And there's a couple of other tracks that are openly indebted to System Of A Down (notably Bite The Bullet).

Still, Descend The Shades Of Night is great.

4/5

incubliss
12-30-2004, 06:23 AM
haha, think you mean 7 Words. :p

they are fairly similar, i see what you mean tho. do you mean the Imperium riff at 4:44, godd*mn i love that riff.

timbrie
01-02-2005, 01:54 PM
my wheel owns this album i think it is a very good opera just like wagner robert flynn cant play guitar het plays banjo and digeridoo

Iai
01-02-2005, 02:05 PM
haha, think you mean 7 Words. :p

they are fairly similar, i see what you mean tho. do you mean the Imperium riff at 4:44, godd*mn i love that riff.
Yes I do, and yes I do. I forget which Death song it's taken from, but it's a definite steal. Rob just changed the mutes around a little.

7 Seconds was by Nenah Cherry and Youssou N'Dour. How the hell did I get them mixed up with Deftones?!?

Shadows
01-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Yes I do, and yes I do. I forget which Death song it's taken from, but it's a definite steal. Rob just changed the mutes around a little.

7 Seconds was by Nenah Cherry and Youssou N'Dour. How the hell did I get them mixed up with Deftones?!?
'Tis hard to say. You sure do have your foot in your mouth lately though. :mad:

I really like this album. Its a wonder that I haven't bought it yet. I've only heard Imperium but I thought it was fucking great.

dirge for november
01-06-2005, 03:11 AM
this album is great. my band jams to imperium all the time. a song by song review would be good though. but yours wasnt bad :thumb:.

Neoteric
01-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I love this album ssssssssoooooooo much!
Favourite song is Days Turn Blue to Gray and Left Unfinished
5/5 :thumb:

Iai
01-06-2005, 02:42 PM
'Tis hard to say. You sure do have your foot in your mouth lately though. :mad:
:(.

Adam Jones is GOD
01-06-2005, 04:40 PM

7 words. Even then , song title is the only link i see

Iai
01-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I was responding to incubliss' correction. :)