PDA

View Full Version : (Political Punk) Propagandhi - How To Clean Everything

JAStewart
11-22-2003, 02:29 PM
This isn't your whiney pop-punk blink 182, this is pure punk! Propagandhi are a relief from the to many whiney pop-punk bands out there. Propaghandi have "smash the state" written all over them and they want to be taken seriously rather than branded as another generic NOFX-wannabe band. How to Clean Everything accomplishes more than escaping the carbon-copy labeling -- it also puts their message on a high pedestal so it can be heard loud and clear. And in the mitts of all the "throwing the monkey wrench in the system" rants, they still have a little fun at the expense of all the bubble gum pop-punk bands that flood the market and even their own label. Yes there are alot of good pop-punk bands, but if you're going to right love songs, be mature in your writing. Anyway Propagandhi isn't just one of the crude, humorous, so-called punk bands (not that it is a bad thing, but it gets old), in both their hard style and their intelligent lyrics. They have a less polished, more jagged, and indeed more original sound than most of their Fat Wreck labelmates, which provides the canvas for some of the most edgy and angry vocals you'll hear on any punk album. This album, though, is a rather generic early effort. They barely knew how to play their instruments then, and it shows, and I also challenge listeners to try to tell apart some of the songs on this album from NOFX. They are pretty similar and in some ways they are highly original. Propaghandi aren't afraid to show the world that a government coup can be fun and educational at the same time. Buy this CD, it just plain ROCKS!

Songs:

Anti-Manifesto
Haille Sellase Up Your *** (Fuck religion)

Both GREAT songs.

5/5

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000007PI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Kithkin
11-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Also containst the oft covered Ska Sucks.

Yeah this is a great album. Other than the Dead Kennedys there are few bands that can match them in popularity and great political lyrics.

If you like them, you could check out the Weakerthans because the bassist and writer is the guitarist (could be wrong though) for them. Its not as much political writing but they show that he can write more than just political lyrics.

On another note...

and indeed more original sound than most of their Fat Wreck labelmates

Thats a bit out dated. Fat Wreck has expanded quite a bit. Just take a look (http://www.fatwreck.com/bands.php3?sd=P8BwbtHRMXIAACZqjaA)

(note the consumed and mad caddies are on Fat Wreck)

JAStewart
11-23-2003, 05:29 AM
Consumed are on Golf.

Joel_DK_Clash
05-24-2004, 02:46 PM
I have this CD, i really like it but i don't think its as good as Less Talk More Rock.

meeeeeeeeeeeeee (returned)
07-03-2004, 06:59 AM
Propagandhi ****ing rock!, and I think im going to pick up this album sometime soon, I hell like their blunt harshness of their lyrics, and ur right it is a refreshing change from most of fat wreck's lagwagon wanna be bands (tho fat wreck does have some cool bands: Strung Out, Sick of it All, Anti-Flag, Frenzal Rhomb, NoFX)

MisFiTs4LiFe
10-07-2004, 02:58 AM
great album, one of my tops:) propagandhi KIK ***

listerine ice cream
10-07-2004, 03:14 PM
This is one of their better ones.

Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes > How To Clean Everything > Where Quantity Is Job #1 > Less Talk, More Rock