PDA

View Full Version : (Hardcore Punk) Black Flag - Everything Went Black

JAStewart
11-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Although most people will get "The First Four Years" when wanting to check out pre-Rollins(Hendry) flag, they should get this at the same time. Not only do you get a song unavailable anywhere else("I Dont Care"), the versions of the songs done on "jealous again" are far better here. I never liked chavo that much, he just sounds like a thousand other singers. Anyway, alot of these songs were recorded in one take, so they come off even more raw than the ones on the e.p.'s. Also,while listening to this you get a good idea of just how important Henry Rollins was to the band. Songs like "Depression", "Room 13", "No More", "Police Story" and especially "Damaged 1" just dont sound nearly as intense as they do with rollins spitting them out. At the end of the record, you also get some awesome radio stuff the band did. Get this and kick yourself for not being born 15 years earlier.

This album also contains a "Kingsmen" cover. Louie, Louie. This song is on the lastest film "Old School" also, this is one of the greatest covers ever.

4.75/5 because I dont listen the whole way through.

http://64.95.118.51/images/opti/c3/c2/83056-music-resized200.JPG

pedro durruti
03-14-2004, 05:46 PM
I hope there isn't a rule about bringing back old reviews...

This album has some really good songs on it. I was thinking about getting Damaged but this album seems more appealing now