PDA

View Full Version : (rock/emo) Rooney - Rooney

NOPI-redinme
11-15-2003, 12:19 PM
I really can't say much about how terrible this album is; mainly because it is possibly the best album I have ever listened to. The songs themselves are beautiful; wonderful clean rhythm guitar, 60s-style pop-inspired keyboard work, bass that hasn't been ruined by the sex pistols (he doesn't just play the root! actual comping and walking!), trad-jazz style drumwork, and bluesy vocal pattern emulating lead guitar riffwork. While the songs are dripping with such wonder, the mastering quality unfortunately can be quite poor. I saw Rooney recently in Toronto and was amazed; they're one of those bands that sound much, much, better live. I have to give this album a 4.5 out of a possible 5 stars; were it not for the recording quality, it would be an easy 5.

Track Listing:
1. Blueside - *****
2. Stay Away - ****
3. If it Were up to Me - *****
4. I'm a Terrible Person - ****
5. Popstars - ***
6. I'm Shakin' - ****
7. Daisy Duke - *****
8. Sorry Sorry - *****
9. That Girl Has Love - *****
10. Simply Because - ****
11. Losing all Control - ***

PunkPopMix6859
05-22-2004, 06:41 PM
id have to disagree a little bit..the melodies do stick in your head and are catchy but i found that many of the songs were actually quite boring to listen too..I bought the album thinking their hit single "Im Shakin'" was going to be the only poppy catchy song on the album adn the rest would be great old sounding punk/rock. Well the whole album is a little corny and quite easy to play..

DFelon204409
05-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Rooney is pop. It doesn't have a shred of emo in it. Go here and maybe you'll learn something www.fourfa.com

BuddyBigsby
05-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Idiots that post on this board... LEARNING SOMETHING?! Don't be so naive, DFelon.

LTJ386
05-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Nicely done review though. Short, sweet, and to the point. Just clean up the grammar and it'll look a million times better.

PunkPopMix6859
07-04-2004, 12:06 AM
I give it a 2.9/5