PDA

View Full Version : Mixer/PA question

xreflectionx
08-31-2003, 11:50 PM
OK, this is going to be really hard to explain, cause Im not positive on the words to use.

First, Ill explain what the PA is like. To connect the speakers to it, theres Left A/B, and Right A/B. It also has two inputs. Which, Im only assuming could mean that Input 1 makes Right function and Input 2 makes left function.

Now, on the mixer, there only ONE aux output. Which, is pissing me off, cause we have 4 speakers, but we can only use 2.

Now, my drummer said, we'd need a second mixer for this all to work. And ... I dont think thats right.
I havent looked into it yet, but do most mixers have 2 Aux outputs?

Beta Virus
09-01-2003, 01:40 AM
ummm this may be not what you are looking for but... get a Y-splitter?

xreflectionx
09-01-2003, 11:42 AM
The thought actually did cross my mind, but I didnt think much of it. But as a matter of fact, I do have a Y splitter, so ... Ill try that later

+Aħ4++̣$"^%&%
09-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Blender.

pitchfork
09-04-2005, 10:30 AM
another power amp or daisy chain them.

airborne50caliber
09-04-2005, 11:32 AM
First, Ill explain what the PA is like. To connect the speakers to it, theres Left A/B, and Right A/B. It also has two inputs. Which, Im only assuming could mean that Input 1 makes Right function and Input 2 makes left function.

This is how your poweramp works. It drives two sets of stereo speakers with the same stereo input (Input 1 being LEFT and input 2 being RIGHT of the stereo signal you are sending to the speakers)

I assume you are driving monitors, and that you want the same monitor mix in each speaker. True, most mixers have more than one aux bus, but if having two different monitor mixes is not a requirement, then splitting the aux output with a simaple splitter will work fine. Some DI boxes can function as splitters and do this professionally. If you want two different mixes then you have to have a mixer with 2 different aux buses.

Aes820
09-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Check the dates of threads before posting in them, please.