Do you love to write? Are you passionate about music? If so, you might just be the person or thing that we’ve been looking for.
We’re in the hunt for fresh and dedicated members to join our ranks at staff and contributor level. We don’t care much for degrees around here, but a pre-requisite for any position is that the candidate has the ability to write independently to a consistently high standard.
Experience in reviewing live performances and interviewing musicians is preferred but not essential at this point. More important is that the candidate has the ability to interpret music and the world around them in an interesting and articulate manner.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Review new album releases.
- Review gigs.
- Interview artists.
- Contribute news stories.
- Contribute to the Staff Blog.
- Work as part of a team to formulate new feature ideas.
To apply for the position:
- Register an account on Sputnikmusic and build a portfolio of at least 3 full-length reviews (typically 3-5 paragraphs).
- In 1-2 paragraphs, tell us a little bit about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit for our staff or contributor teams.
- Give details of your relevant writing experience, whether at Sputnik or elsewhere, with links to 3-5 pieces of your strongest work.
The deadline for applications is Monday, January 3 at close of business.